Striking options - Realistic suggestions?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Owzat » Mon May 11, 2009 2:32 pm

oh and "money to burn" is never as simple as it sounds. Citeh have money to burn, it means they will buy what they can get, waste millions, and offload perfectly good existing players for supposedly better ones. They will find that a lot of players will resist the waft of £££ and go for the big clubs who may not quite offer the same wages, but offer great prospects of silverware.

If Wolfsburg shut the door on a move for Dzeko, or ask too much, then so be it. Same as any other bid for any other player, assess whether the fee asked is OTT and buy or move on
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Mon May 11, 2009 2:43 pm

i think wed be better advised than to be going to the jungles of africa and the deserts of sahara in search for a decent backup striker who wouldnt cost much.... Theres quite a few good strikers in the major leagues in europe playing for the big sides who are going to be available for any sort of money we'd be willing to pay... bosmans, 10mill, 20mill.... its probably not the best time to be gambling on players from the smaller leagues, trying to find the next big bargain and so... Wouldbt be all that interested in signing the bloke from Wolfsburg who scored 30 a season or the other one from Getafe who scored 70... I'd take an Owen or Saviola or Ashton ahead of any... proven players who wouldnt cost much and can perform at the very highest of levels...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon May 11, 2009 2:46 pm

Owzat, mate.....Now, normally I don't get into a tit-for-tat email tennis match. I think YOU think I'm having a pop at you personally each time I post on here.
Truth be told, you're perfectly entitled to have an opinion, even if it IS wrong ( :laugh:  ).....by the way, that was in jest, just in case you have a hernia...
My point about Wolfsburg was made in error. It was Hoffenheim that he brought from nowhere....
Wolfsburg is the home town of VW. The club is funded by them. There is tons of money available, so money may not be the driver behind him moving.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby tubby » Sun May 17, 2009 3:47 pm

Tuncay looked ok for Boro yesterday. I think he is the closest thing to Tevez but would be a cheaper option.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon May 18, 2009 11:23 am

Well it seems almost certain that Pavlyuchenko will leave Spurs in the summer. I wouldn't mind him at LFC at all. Personally I think he would be an excellent backup option for Torres.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby tubby » Mon May 18, 2009 11:32 am

Yeah he would fit the bill.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Mon May 18, 2009 11:50 am

It's a tough one for Rafa given what happened with Keane earlier this season. Does he go out and buy another quality striker who will almost certainly start the season upfront (I think Torres will need a rest for the best part of month 1 of the new season) or buy a quality wide player and stick Kuyt up top with Gerrard playing off him. I am a big fan of Kuyts and would inclined to go with the latter suggestion.
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Mon May 18, 2009 12:06 pm

Yeah last night on MOTD2 they highlighted how reluctant Kuyt is sometimes to get forward at defenders. He instead prefers to play through people around him but on the occasion he did get forward in that central position he scored.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Mon May 18, 2009 12:13 pm

MOTD2 highlights where a very small snippit . Yeah he doesnt take on the man on the outside like players like lennon do yet he has more assists and goals than players like lennon . HAve seen him put in planty of decent crosses from the wide area that have resulted in either a chance or a goal . They were just pure nit picking last night .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon May 18, 2009 12:20 pm

bavlondon wrote:Yeah last night on MOTD2 they highlighted how reluctant Kuyt is sometimes to get forward at defenders. He instead prefers to play through people around him but on the occasion he did get forward in that central position he scored.

to be honest, i switched off as soon as they showed their respective united/liverpool combined elevens. what a complete farce. dixon had fletcher and carrick over alonso and mascherano and van der sar over reina. ???
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby DrPepe » Mon May 18, 2009 12:31 pm

as with virtually all analysis, it's obvious the pundits decide what point they want to make first then pick the clips that 'prove' their point :p
"If I put a player in another position, suddenly 20 experts are going on about it. Experts of what, though? I don't know." - Rafa
DrPepe
LFC Super Member

Postby Toffeehater » Mon May 18, 2009 12:41 pm

Kuyt can play upfront and has done well when given the chance , i'd look into getting a new right winger if thats the case , to rotate with kuyt and possibly one who can play on the left as well , ala robben if somehow possible
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Mon May 18, 2009 12:50 pm

stmichael wrote:
bavlondon wrote:Yeah last night on MOTD2 they highlighted how reluctant Kuyt is sometimes to get forward at defenders. He instead prefers to play through people around him but on the occasion he did get forward in that central position he scored.

to be honest, i switched off as soon as they showed their respective united/liverpool combined elevens. what a complete farce. dixon had fletcher and carrick over alonso and mascherano and van der sar over reina. ???

Yeah that was so ridiculous. Even more so considering his former club Arsenal were trying to sign Xabi. As someone else mentioned. Had we won the league this year there would have been a few more Liverpool players in that lineup.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedBlood » Mon May 18, 2009 5:41 pm

stmichael wrote:

yeah seen that, it was unbelievable and shows what cu,nts they both are

carrick, fletcher, van der sar, neville, even giggs(cant play more then 15games all season)

mascherano reina alonso arebola gerrard torres would all get into utds team, if their so much better why are we only 4points behind them?
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion