thriller is the best
freddies dead

Postby ox5 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:45 am

imho "chill out"by the mighty KLF ! :)  yes, go on ridicule me! :laugh:
LFC 4EVA
*pm me if you have any spare home tickets for me and daugter!!*
ox5

Postby freddies dead » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:46 am

ox5 wrote:imho "chill out"by the mighty KLF ! :)  yes, go on ridicule me! :laugh:

great shout
freddies dead

Postby Homebooby » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:13 pm

Kharhaz wrote:Jeff Waynes War of the Worlds

Aerosmith - Big Ones and Nine Lives.

Classics.

Ooooofffffff have to disagree there......Nine Lives is quite the turd on the landscape, where's your Pump? Rocks? Toys in Attic?
Homebooby

Postby great_beastly_jumbo_hetrosexual » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:34 pm

Oasis - Definately Maybe
The Jam - Snap
The Who - Quadrophenia
The Enemy - We'll Live and Die in These Towns
The View - Hats Off to the Buskers
great_beastly_jumbo_hetrosexual

Postby Kharhaz » Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:18 am

Homebooby wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:Jeff Waynes War of the Worlds

Aerosmith - Big Ones and Nine Lives.

Classics.

Ooooofffffff have to disagree there......Nine Lives is quite the turd on the landscape, where's your Pump? Rocks? Toys in Attic?

I had them when I was a kid. My mum threw away everything I had when I was kicked out at 17   :sniffle  As well as my cd's she also threw out my beloved Anfield Encyclopedia which listed every single player ever to play for Liverpool. Needless to say, I carry a lot of resentment about that !
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:55 am

Big Niall wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
GYBS wrote:you a coldplay fan then emerald ?

You could say that. I like a lot of their stuff, so yeah. Although none of their albums can hardly be considered seminal. There are far better and greater albums that would be an insult to compare to any of their work, but that was one album of theirs in the last decade that I really enjoyed. I also liked X&Y.

I really hate them, feel every song is the same. "lets write a slow song about lonliness guys"

Oasis were hardly seminal, I liked the first two albums but they are a beatles rip off with a touch of Nirvana thrown in.

Oasis not a seminal band? Hmm, I strongly disagree there. Definitely Maybe more or less revived a dead and buried Brit rock/indie music scene. I also don't get why people seem to liken them to Beatles wannabe's. Sure, they took massive inspiration from The Beatles (what band hasn't?) but it's mostly an aesthetic one, with some songs in later albums borrowing heavily from their sound, Be Here Now being the prime example. I'd liken them more to Stone Roses, but with a more radical and f*ck off sound. When Definitely Maybe came about it was fresh. When What's The Story landed, it confirmed that they were indeed a seminal group, because that album is just an absolute masterpiece of rock and roll.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:43 pm

i like the first two albums, just don't think they are original. defo beatles rip off - even the hair cut image.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:53 pm

Oasis Definately Mabye changed the face of British music... it's after that when they made sh!te like wonderwall and turned into Quoasis that everything went wrong in my opinion. When the Gallaghers became bigger than the band.

But songs like shakermaker and supersonic were unlike anything at the time, witha  raw sense of rocknroll that was dearly needed!
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:11 pm

Big Niall wrote:i like the first two albums, just don't think they are original. defo beatles rip off - even the hair cut image.

Name me anything that is original in the last couple of decades.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:16 pm

the red hot chillie peppers earlier faster albums are original even if it isn't your taste.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to General Chat Forum