Tomkins: reds are coming up the hill - Latest musings........

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Reg » Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:58 pm

Look at the extent of and depth of the changes Rafa has implemented at the club. Anyone who doesnt think Rafa is working FOR the club and building solid foundations for long term success are deluding themselves.

In comparison, GED was a journeyman and even Roy Evans had lost touch with the constant innovation that distinguished Shanks and Bob from the other league managers.

We need constant evolution, we need constant rafalution.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:06 pm

Reg wrote:We need constant evolution, we need constant rafalution.

:laugh:

Cheese.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:26 pm

s@int wrote:I doubt that very much mate, Paisley worked for years without a contract and had to be persuaded to finally accept one.I cannot remember one occasion when Shankly ever brought up his contract during a season (or any time in truth) so I have no idea if Shankly ever even had a contract, but I presume he must have.

Things were different then, but IMO Shankly put Liverpool first, and as I have said I have doubts about Rafa.

shanks never had a contract
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:46 pm

supersub wrote:
s@int wrote:I doubt that very much mate, Paisley worked for years without a contract and had to be persuaded to finally accept one.I cannot remember one occasion when Shankly ever brought up his contract during a season (or any time in truth) so I have no idea if Shankly ever even had a contract, but I presume he must have.

Things were different then, but IMO Shankly put Liverpool first, and as I have said I have doubts about Rafa.

It would appear that he did.

After signing his last contract for Liverpool in July 1971,  Shankly agreed a three-year contract with Liverpool, with the option of extending it to five years. So three years later when John Smith asked him to take the option of the two years, Shankly said no and chose to retire. LINK
account deleted by request

Postby Sabre » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:06 pm

supersub wrote:

Also, I have a question.

We all see what's journalism and coverage about these days: Podcasts, press conferences with TV and radio...

What was the journalism back then mate?

How was covered the team? with a notepad and a pencil? there were micros or even tapes? I have no idea of how it might be the journalism in England back then, it's been a while.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rorschach26 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:47 pm

lol i thought these threads where about Liverpool its crazy how so much has been discussed over this guy who cares close the thread its pointless
Rorschach26

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion