Alan shearer to join? - Striker to sign on monday

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby fivecups » Mon Aug 30, 2004 7:52 pm

I'd take him. Too old you say, short term solution and we need a longterm outlook. And I accept that but none of our current strikers have played that many games in the Premiership yet. Since Owens departure all the responsibility for goals has fallen to them and they seem to be feeling that weight.

Alan Shearer has masses of experience and plenty of goals left in him. He'd be a steadying influence to the younger strikers and help bring them through. He would be affordable.

Unfortunately for us, Bobby Robsons departure makes it likely that Shearer will be staying at St James's until the end of his career.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sean » Mon Aug 30, 2004 8:30 pm

I reckon Shearer probabaly gave Shepherd an ultimatum that cost Bobby his job.  Pity coz, afte watching Warnock whip in a few crosses yesterday I reckon Shearer is exactly what we need to get on the end of them. 

Also, Shearers presence would take alot of responsibilities off Gerrards shoulders as we'd then have another natural leader.

Finally, Cisse and Baros think they are the real deal.  They are not.  Shearer would be very quickly bring them back to earth with a bang and hopefully help them to focus on the job of scoring the goals that'll bring the title back to anfield.  We all thought Gary Mac was too old but he ended up being Houlliers most inspred signing.
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Mon Aug 30, 2004 8:41 pm

milan baros was shocking yesterday. forget the guys exploits in the summer in a team and a system which suited him. he's never done that for us. to me baros is an extremely raw talent who still has A LONG WAY to go if he wants to become a top class striker. his first touch is not good enough and he still has a tendency to run with his head down when players are in good positions.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby long sleeved joe » Mon Aug 30, 2004 10:46 pm

£4M is a lot of money for a player who wont be around for much more than a year. Plus he's being tipped to get some kind of coaching role at Newcastle so i can't see it happening.
"If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden i'd draw the curtains" Bill Shankly
long sleeved joe

Postby greenred » Mon Aug 30, 2004 11:06 pm

I was wondering where that painting got to,Long sleeve Joe.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DrLiverpool » Mon Aug 30, 2004 11:10 pm

His proven in the premiership,scores lots of goals,has got AT LEAST 2 years left in him...

4mil so what... his worth it even if it is for 2 years...
*I'm not always right, but I'm never wrong*
DrLiverpool
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Tue Aug 31, 2004 12:38 am

I agree. I hope that when I get home tomorrow, a new player will be signed for Liverpool.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Ciggy » Tue Aug 31, 2004 7:30 am

6 hours left and its all quiet on the western front ??? I dont think anyones comin today :angry:
Only news today Rooneys gone to manure to win the prem whilst everton held them to a draw
:D
Last edited by Ciggy on Tue Aug 31, 2004 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion