The squad. - How good is it?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Boocity » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:38 pm

I think Sunday says it all, not strong enough not just in depth but even under the surface but also some players who are good enough but just not doing it
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:41 pm

The problem is, we miss out for whatever reason on an Alves, Simao, Villa etc and end up with a player, who is within our budget, but is a massively overpriced second or third choice. See Pennant, Kuyt, Babel...

Some of the blame for this has to be with the manager. I personally think that sometimes he's so focused on getting one particular player that he doesn't pay enough attention to identifying decent back up options.

The comical slowness to react to potential deals also has to play a part in us ending up with some of the players in the current squad.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby bigmick » Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:44 am

Feck me was Kuyt a second choice as well now? We were after him for about a year too. Fecking Parry, first he signs Kuyt, then Keane :angry: As for Babel, he went from being some bloke who nobody had heard of to being the new Thiery Henri (potentially of course) in about two days so we must have been after him in secret. Course once we'd signed him we tried to turn him into the new Ray Kennedy, but discovered he was actually more Mark Kennedy. Fecking Parry :angry:.

Thank God he had nothing at all to do with the Torres signing. We'd have probably got Robert Earnshaw instead.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LegBarnes » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:14 am

bigmick wrote:Feck me was Kuyt a second choice as well now? We were after him for about a year too. Fecking Parry, first he signs Kuyt, then Keane :angry: As for Babel, he went from being some bloke who nobody had heard of to being the new Thiery Henri (potentially of course) in about two days so we must have been after him in secret. Course once we'd signed him we tried to turn him into the new Ray Kennedy, but discovered he was actually more Mark Kennedy. Fecking Parry :angry:.

Thank God he had nothing at all to do with the Torres signing. We'd have probably got Robert Earnshaw instead.

no thats who Fo Dne wanted us to sign I think Stu really is rick parry.  :D
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:51 am

No, Robert Earnshaw was actually my pick mate :;):  Still think he's better than David N'Gog as well :p
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LegBarnes » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:57 am

bigmick wrote:No, Robert Earnshaw was actually my pick mate :;):  Still think he's better than David N'Gog as well :p

O ok lol you prob right on that one tho I don't think I pay to watch him tho.

I rather have seen someone like heskey back at club someone who can help torres not try to steal the show of him.
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red_guy » Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:04 am

bigmick wrote:No, Robert Earnshaw was actually my pick mate :;):  Still think he's better than David N'Gog as well :p

:D

anyway mick, just wondering, why didn't rafa just call our players on loan back to the club? just for insurance since Keane's departure.. well they said the more the merrier...   :)
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion