A chance to reflect - The hideous performance tonight.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby A.B. » Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:04 am

I think Baros played ok for the most part, he tried to get involved like he did against City. I want to hear what everybody else other than Carragher have to say about their performance.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby anfieldadorer » Wed Aug 25, 2004 4:00 am

I couldn't help and hate it that this question was just passing my mind: "can we beat Arsenal?". (bitter)
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Wed Aug 25, 2004 4:25 am

Its disappointing but its not the end of the world, look on bright side we are now guaranteed 14 million pounds
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Wed Aug 25, 2004 4:55 am

laza, do you know the structure of incentives given to CL qualifiers?
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:46 am

No i was going off several news sources including the ESPN one which stated its worth 14 million to get to CL group stages

from soccernet

Liverpool narrowly escaped a £14million foul-up as they scrambled into the lucrative group stages of the Champions League with a 1-0 defeat against Graz AK
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jymbojetset » Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:35 am

Although it was a woeful performance, I think there was a bit of the same attitude as when we lost 2-0 to Arsenal in '89.

And lets be fair, that team from 15 years ago, were a much better (bearing in mind times change) team.

I think we should wait and judge the players after a few more games.

Is this down to Houllier (still), or as Dalglish suggests,a lack of professionalism on behalf of certain players?
jymbojetset
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Starbridge42 » Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:29 am

Maybe a bit fo both.  I think maybe the players were unproffesional and Houllier just let them get away with it.  And bad habits are the hardest to break.  Benitez needs to get stuck into those players and sort them out quicksmart.  I think some of the most suprisingly poor performances came from some of the established players.  With these new players coming in one would think they'd be fighting for there place in Europe but no...
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby taff » Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:54 am

If we trounced them six nothing would everyone be posting about Houlliers team then or raving about Benitez?

Houllier is gone and the players didnt turn up last night maybe tired maybe not but they didnt show bottom line.

The only good thing is we are through
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby sgs » Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:17 am

Its the result s.t.u.p.i.d!
Seriously, the bottomline is we qualified and thats all you need at this stage.
Floyd stepped left and threw the hook that caught Hatton flush under the chin. Finally, the British champ had arrived in that mythical place of which his fans speak: Hatton Wonderland.
sgs

Postby kindaconfuzed » Thu Aug 26, 2004 7:36 am

Just a few interesting (to me anyway) observations from last nights game and TV coverage.

Raf went on record to say that he thought the team was only playing to 60% of its capacity (before the game) so he obviously believes the potential to be medal wining.

Sammy H also said that Raf wanted them to play the shorter game in terms of passing and then ITV2 showed the the Valencia side doing just that and it was impressive.

I also think Stevie G needs to calm down a bit with his passing, when it isn't going for him he should stick to the less risk game plan but I realise this is difficult cos his game is all about the unbelievable pass.

Dudek is making too many mistakes and he reminds me of James in that respect. If we are to win then we can't afford those sort of mistakes.
I'll take on board yer problem but not yer anger
If it aint funny it aint right
I used to have an avatar of a girl rubbing her breasts but it was considered sexist - guys can you just imagine
Still waitin for the call for the ELITE MEMBERS DISCUSSION (forms in the post?)
kindaconfuzed
LFC Elite Member

Postby kindaconfuzed » Sun Aug 29, 2004 8:23 am

It seems me technical appraisal of the game has seen the muppets off especially that REdriding Hood.
I'll take on board yer problem but not yer anger
If it aint funny it aint right
I used to have an avatar of a girl rubbing her breasts but it was considered sexist - guys can you just imagine
Still waitin for the call for the ELITE MEMBERS DISCUSSION (forms in the post?)
kindaconfuzed
LFC Elite Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion