Stand up! - Support your manager...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby tonyeh » Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:48 am

Agreed, Mascherano raced 20 yards and was very aggressive to the ref. He deserved his red. You just don't do that regardless of which decision goes against you.

Mascherano can be a twÄt sometimes and I just don't think he that smart a lad to be blunt. He should learn to channel his aggression better.

However, this kind of cardmanship should be dealt out to EVERY team. Rooney deserved cards the other night IMO as he was well out of order and this is where the problem lies. This kind of punishment, justified as it is, is just not meeted out on a consistent basis and it should be.
tonyeh

Postby andy_g » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:21 am

i'll stand up for the manager when he starts to put out a team and a formation to win a game. i'll stand up for the manager when he's prepared to change things and take risks if his plan a isn't working out. i'll stand up for the manager when he stops destroying the confidence of quality players. i'll stand up for the manager if, by some miracle, he manages to win us the title this year even without doing the things i just mentioned. but until then i'm going to keep a wary eye on him from a nice and comfy sitting position.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:23 am

tonyeh wrote:Agreed, Mascherano raced 20 yards and was very aggressive to the ref. He deserved his red. You just don't do that regardless of which decision goes against you.

Mascherano can be a twÄt sometimes and I just don't think he that smart a lad to be blunt. He should learn to channel his aggression better.

However, this kind of cardmanship should be dealt out to EVERY team. Rooney deserved cards the other night IMO as he was well out of order and this is where the problem lies. This kind of punishment, justified as it is, is just not meeted out on a consistent basis and it should be.

Masher ran 20 yards to the ref... kind of like what Rooney does EVERY fecking game!!!
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:28 am

tonyeh wrote:Agreed, Mascherano raced 20 yards and was very aggressive to the ref. He deserved his red. You just don't do that regardless of which decision goes against you.

this video clearly shows the red card was unfair.

manc scums
maypaxvobiscum

Postby tubby » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:30 am

oink oink
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:41 am

The same thing United players have done for years.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tonyeh » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:45 am

Leonmc0708 wrote:

You missed this part...

"This kind of punishment, justified as it is, is just not meeted out on a consistent basis and it should be"
tonyeh

Postby Leonmc0708 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:50 am

tonyeh wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:

You missed this part...

"This kind of punishment, justified as it is, is just not meeted out on a consistent basis and it should be"

You missed the point.

United have won the league the last few years, (and Chelsea for that matter) on hte back of harracking referees for decisions.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:52 pm

dawson99 wrote:

Masher ran 20 yards to the ref... kind of like what Rooney does EVERY fecking game!!!

Hear hear :nod Maybe he should of just turned his back walked away an told the ref to :censored: off like the fat s.it did on Sunday an it would of been sound
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:07 pm

Amazing how so called Liverpool supporters will call Mascherano a w@nker and an idiot for wanting to ask questions, yet not a peep out of said people regarding d*ckhead players like Rooney slabbering to the ref and telling him to f*ck off every time a decision goes against him, yet failing to even get carded for it. It's not bias. It's fact, no?
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:43 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:

Difference is though, that several United players do it at the same time and surround the ref - he's hardly going to send them all off.  Mascherano was on a one man mission to have it out with the ref that day - I sympathised with him at the time, but he had to go unfortunately. 

United should have players sent off when their whole team surrounds the ref, but let's face it that won't happen.  It's a bit like giving penalties for pushing in the box when there's a corner - if everyone's doing it you can't single out one person and give a pen for it.  Similarly the ref won't send off Rooney when Ferdinand, Neville, Giggs etc are also giving abuse.  It's an underhanded tactic, but it has worked for them over the years, no doubt.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby sgs » Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:38 am

Emerald Red wrote:Amazing how so called Liverpool supporters will call Mascherano a w@nker and an idiot for wanting to ask questions, yet not a peep out of said people regarding d*ckhead players like Rooney slabbering to the ref and telling him to f*ck off every time a decision goes against him, yet failing to even get carded for it. It's not bias. It's fact, no?

You have to wonder sometimes! Peeps cannot stand up for they believe in, how on earth can they stand up for a 'mere football club'...The fact we have not won the epl all these years is not enough reason to be so timid!
Floyd stepped left and threw the hook that caught Hatton flush under the chin. Finally, the British champ had arrived in that mythical place of which his fans speak: Hatton Wonderland.
sgs

Postby sgs » Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:39 am

john craig wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:

Difference is though, that several United players do it at the same time and surround the ref - he's hardly going to send them all off.  Mascherano was on a one man mission to have it out with the ref that day - I sympathised with him at the time, but he had to go unfortunately. 

United should have players sent off when their whole team surrounds the ref, but let's face it that won't happen.  It's a bit like giving penalties for pushing in the box when there's a corner - if everyone's doing it you can't single out one person and give a pen for it.  Similarly the ref won't send off Rooney when Ferdinand, Neville, Giggs etc are also giving abuse.  It's an underhanded tactic, but it has worked for them over the years, no doubt.

You must be watching a different ManU...I hear there is one in Ecuador!
Floyd stepped left and threw the hook that caught Hatton flush under the chin. Finally, the British champ had arrived in that mythical place of which his fans speak: Hatton Wonderland.
sgs

Postby JC_81 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:35 am

sgs wrote:You must be watching a different ManU...I hear there is one in Ecuador!

???  ???

If that was a serious post, I have no idea what it meant.  If it was supposed to be funny, well, it wasn't.  Keep up the good posts though :buttrock
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby justyna » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:01 pm

Rafa's the best manager around!
We should be proud that he is with us!
justyna

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion