Work horses?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby metalhead » Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:27 pm

Don't know what to make of this, I don't think Keane will leave this january, he still has alot to prove after his 20m signing! I do think there is a problem with Benitez and Keane right now, but hopefully they will resolve this, Keane will get his confidence back, scores goals and everyone will be happy.

Agreed st.mick, we need a target man who is strong in the air and attack crosses. A target man will also get the best out of some of our wingers in the squad, for example Pennant and Riera. Multiple times this season, Riera put in a really good cross into the box but there was no one to head it or attack it.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:28 pm

Can someone send me the joke? :;):

As for Keane, we need to give him more time. what's the point of a 3 month contract costing 20 million? We got absoltuely nothing to gain by letting him go now unless we could recoup most of what we laid out.
Plus, wh would WANT to join us once they see how we treat our strikers? (Cisse, Bellamy, now Keane, that polish builder lad, Ngog in 4 months time, mellor, etc etc)
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:46 pm

Dont think it takes a genius to work out something has gone on.
To not give him a sniff in the last two league games with Torres out shows that.
Cant see whats in it for us to sell though as we all know we paid over the odds.
Unless he did go back to Spurs at the end of the season and we hadnt actually paid the bulk of the actual fee.
I dont want him to go by the way....i actually think he has far more to offer and i thought before Torres's poor luck with injuries we were seeing signs of the makings of a decent partnership.
There may be players better suited to playing with Torres but the two could make it work imo.
Where Rafa has got it horribly wrong i feel is how to use Robbie when Torres is injured or rested as he clearly is not suited at all to playing on his own upfront.
Its just a pity we are not...or should i say were not blessed with much money as Crouch and Keane would of been a decent combination but we had to sell one to buy the other, shame really.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Madmax » Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:19 pm

keane to leave.. wow that was quick :D  doubt it very much though
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby burjennio » Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:14 pm

right lads, whats all this rumourmill Lawro stuff? Ive tried googling and no dice
burjennio

Postby Madmax » Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:22 pm

burjennio wrote:right lads, whats all this rumourmill Lawro stuff? Ive tried googling and no dice

lawro had a bit too many drinks
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redhayesy » Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:22 pm

keane does need more time i agree, but he needs to get his act together very quickly [once picked again] :p  but like Leon has said he needs to get to grips with himself that at LFC he is a little fish in a big pond,at spurs he was favourite with the fans which put him on a pedastool.

i do like his work rate off the ball which is what he was very good at, with spurs but he needs to adjust his game,work horse style & fit in to our style of play,& start creating more chances for himself, be more selfish in front of goal while torres is injured. i hope he picked against arsenal, it's made for him to score against them isn't it! :)
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby Sabre » Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:33 pm

dawson99 wrote:Can someone send me the joke? :;):

As for Keane, we need to give him more time. what's the point of a 3 month contract costing 20 million? We got absoltuely nothing to gain by letting him go now unless we could recoup most of what we laid out.
Plus, wh would WANT to join us once they see how we treat our strikers? (Cisse, Bellamy, now Keane, that polish builder lad, Ngog in 4 months time, mellor, etc etc)

I don't agree you often, but I do this time.

I've been reading this morning this thread thinking myself, WTF? are they talking seriously? isn't this rumour mill material at best? It was really difficult to me to swallow this one.

If this is true, and I'd be very surprised if it was, and it's Rafa's decission, then it would be massive failure of Rafa investing 20M, end of.

If it's that Keane doesn't know to adapt and isn't happy here, then I'd be outraged with the player. But either way, I wouldn't understand a move in January, nor in summer, for that matter.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Zidane » Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:35 pm

Yeah I was shocked by this it still seems like any minute someone is gonna say oh that was a buncha :censored: just pulling your leg.  This is a stupid move no matter how you look at it if in fact he does get shipped out in January.
Zidane

Postby Rush Job » Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:01 am

If it means we can get get someone in who scores goals and can form a partnership with Torres then I'm all for it. If we are to win the prem we need another striker we can rely on to score regularly and win us games as well being able to play effectively with Torres and I'm just not sure we can afford with the position we are in for Keane to prove he's the man for the job when all the signs suggest he probably isnt.
I dont think Rafa would consider selling unless he had someone else in mind. I also hope we sign the Kuba lad as he'd give us everything Babel fails to from wide.
If Agger,Keane and Pennant leave it could be a very busy Jan.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby we all dream... » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:50 am

Noticed someone this morning reading the shitrag... they're loving the whole "Lawro's made and ar5e of himself and made liverpool look a shambles" thing arent they.... :censored: 

Probably belongs in the keane thread...
we all dream...
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion