Looking back now - Thank god we didn't get mourihno

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Boocity » Tue Aug 24, 2004 1:55 pm

True :laugh:  :laugh:
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Tue Aug 24, 2004 3:05 pm

Great post
Does seem to be a lot of hype on this guy and im certainly glad we got RB.
About only good thing about Jose is that he gets right up Alex F nose
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Tue Aug 24, 2004 3:07 pm

[quote]Imagine when they win f#ck all again this season rainiri will be laughin his a@#s off aswell  God i hope they come 3rd and us 2nd 

?????
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stapo1000 » Tue Aug 24, 2004 3:09 pm

definitely would not have wanted mourihno over rafa. jm is an arrogant pr1ck who bought sh1t players for huge amounts of money while rafa seems more intelligent and shrewd and is more of a gentleman and bought good players for not  much money. he also convinced gerrard not to play for jm.
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's quick and he's f*cking hard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stapo1000 » Tue Aug 24, 2004 3:11 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:Imagine when they win f#ck all again this season rainiri will be laughin his a@#s off aswell :D God i hope they come 3rd and us 2nd :;):

yeah, i felt sorry for ranieri last seaon. the c*nts should have kept him but i hope valencia knock chelski out of the cl and we beat them in the lge on goal difference.
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's quick and he's f*cking hard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue Aug 24, 2004 3:31 pm

Kazza i would love us to come first but i doubt it will happens this season not with arsenal the way they are playing and we do have to be realistic even askin for us to come 2nd is a big ask but only livin in hopes  :D
1.arsenal
2.liverpool
3.chelsea
4.newcastle
5.boro
6.spurs
7. manure :p  :;):
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Tue Aug 24, 2004 3:35 pm

StMichael, I have to disagree.

You cannot possibly judge Mourinho after 2 games....I mean, your points are being stretched to fit your arguement.

Mourinho's record is top class and just because he's arrogant and has loads of money to spend doesn't suddenly make him a bad manager.

The league is never won in September or August.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby azriahmad » Tue Aug 24, 2004 3:46 pm

I agree with JBG that Maurinho is a very good coach/manager.

On Porto's luck at Old Trafford, you need a fair slice of luck but overall, it will not be the luckiest team that wins the CL or any championship because with a huge game playing format, luck gets sort of cancelled out as compared to a very short game playing format.

Make no mistake, behind all that arrogance is a very intelligent manager who deserved his CL victory and the UEFA Cup the season before that. Porto are limited in terms of squad depth due to their financial standing as compared to the other European big wigs but Maurinho had relied on his tactical know how to overcome opponents who are on paper stronger than Porto.

Having said that, Rafael Benithez is also one of the most highly regarded coaches in Europe.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby madred » Tue Aug 24, 2004 4:05 pm

I wouldnt have said he is a bad manager but if he thinks he is going to topple Wenger as the undisputed king of the premiership bosses i just dont think he will and thats what will lead to his downfall! He has made promises that are way overboard and the clock is ticking on him very quickly.
Last edited by madred on Tue Aug 24, 2004 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Tue Aug 24, 2004 4:08 pm

They are both good and both clubs seem to have a manager who fits their style and history  :cool:
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Tue Aug 24, 2004 4:32 pm

Guys, don't let the fact that maurinho is an arrogant person and the fact that most of you hated to hear his words and the way they tried to poach Gerrard cloud the fact that this man is a very good coach.

His biggest problem is his boast and his huge transfer kitty, not just huge but very inflated, has put a great deal of pressure on him to deliver almost immediately.

Let's just concentrate on our own progress quietly and let him hog all of the news and see if he can withstand the pressure he created for himself. If he alienates some of his players, it is only better for Liverpool as there may be bargains for these unwanted, unhappy but undeniably talented lot - e.g. Duff.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby whylongball? » Tue Aug 24, 2004 4:45 pm

azriahmad wrote:Guys, don't let the fact that maurinho is an arrogant person and the fact that most of you hated to hear his words and the way they tried to poach Gerrard cloud the fact that this man is a very good coach.

His biggest problem is his boast and his huge transfer kitty, not just huge but very inflated, has put a great deal of pressure on him to deliver almost immediately.

Let's just concentrate on our own progress quietly and let him hog all of the news and see if he can withstand the pressure he created for himself. If he alienates some of his players, it is only better for Liverpool as there may be bargains for these unwanted, unhappy but undeniably talented lot - e.g. Duff.

agree!
lets see how long it takes for him to crack under his self-created pressure..
whylongball?

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion