What a load of baubels - Xmas cheer

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby SupitsJonF » Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:48 am

On second thought, I'll stay out of the religion part.  So I'll just say he was a wise man but I don't think he would of preached at all if he knew all the religious fights that would eventually come because of it.
SupitsJonF

Postby Ciggy » Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:41 am

Just been to a christmas market in Dusseldorf, I bought a big red reindeer with lights, a penguin that looks like happy feet with a red scarf on :D a seal and some fake wooly snowballs cause miserable @rse said I cant have a christmas tree  :angry:  :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:34 am

miserable ar'se !! :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sniddle » Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:38 am

dawson99 wrote:Bollox you lot. Xmas is about giving. Presents round the tree. Family, friends, singing, drinking, eating.

I never used to be like that, but I go to see my mum at xmas. It's about family. giving a present to someone and seeing them unwrap the present. It's nice.
Xmas Even is also much better than New Years Eve, always has been but I love Xmas, 2 weeks off work, and drinking loads!!!

well put.

two weeks off work?  Good lord, thats a lot.  When I graduate I'll be lucky to get 10 paid vacation days a year.

but I agree, it's about family.  My family is scattered all around the US, so this is the one time of year we see them all at the same time.
Sniddle

Postby Bam » Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:00 am

Emerald Red wrote:
Lee J wrote:3000 years of evidence - load of baubels. the evidence has been changed and tampered with over the centuries, bits of the bible have been re-written so , i dont believe that  evidence stands firm.

anyway, each to their own. have fun and be happy.

Of course the Bible has been altered through the course of time. Regardless, that still does not matter. The message of the book remained constant to the word that Jesus spoke. The Dead Sea Scrolls, said to be the oldest documentation that go as far back as 200 years before Christ and after, are proof enough of events stretching as far back to that time. Not myth, but a scientific fact. There was a man alive during that period that went by the name of Jesus, and his significance then changed the face of the planet of the modern world and society as we know it. People are too quick to dismiss that such people existed, when all you need to do is open your eyes and look around you. Like it or not, religions are one of the main reasons why the world is shaped the way it is, be it for good or bad, society was built upon it.

I find it quite ironic that in general he Church dismisses Science and Evolution. Then use it to prove their very own stories right, concerning the Dead sea scrolls as proven "Scientific fact"

Forum Discourse
Bam
LFC Super Member

Postby Emerald Red » Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:58 pm

Bam wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
Lee J wrote:3000 years of evidence - load of baubels. the evidence has been changed and tampered with over the centuries, bits of the bible have been re-written so , i dont believe that  evidence stands firm.

anyway, each to their own. have fun and be happy.

Of course the Bible has been altered through the course of time. Regardless, that still does not matter. The message of the book remained constant to the word that Jesus spoke. The Dead Sea Scrolls, said to be the oldest documentation that go as far back as 200 years before Christ and after, are proof enough of events stretching as far back to that time. Not myth, but a scientific fact. There was a man alive during that period that went by the name of Jesus, and his significance then changed the face of the planet of the modern world and society as we know it. People are too quick to dismiss that such people existed, when all you need to do is open your eyes and look around you. Like it or not, religions are one of the main reasons why the world is shaped the way it is, be it for good or bad, society was built upon it.

I find it quite ironic that in general he Church dismisses Science and Evolution. Then use it to prove their very own stories right, concerning the Dead sea scrolls as proven "Scientific fact"

The Church don't dismiss science outright. Who told you that? That's Old Testament bollox. It's also very ironic that some of the greatest minds ever to have existed in science believed and do believe in the existence of the soul, spirituality, and God. It eventually drove Einstein a bit mad trying to actual provide evidence of God's existence. Sure if he found things that were thought impossible to even exist, why not go for the ultimate thing to prove and call it the "Theory of Everything". Needless to say, he never did. God doesn't play Dice.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:03 pm

Ciggy wrote:Just been to a christmas market in Dusseldorf, I bought a big red reindeer with lights, a penguin that looks like happy feet with a red scarf on :D a seal and some fake wooly snowballs cause miserable @rse said I cant have a christmas tree  :angry:  :D

Very christian of you that lynds. :D
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to General Chat Forum