3 liverpool players in top 100 players

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:28 am

roberto green wrote:Ibrahimovic .F ing joke he is one of the most overated strikers in the world

No Igor Bisgan? :D

He was Inter's best player last season and he won them the title on the last day of the season.  I think he deserves to be up there.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby aCe' » Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:43 am

LFC2007 wrote:I've seen him play for Madrid, Italy and briefly when he was at Roma, and there's no fucking way he's one of the top five players in world football.

I grant you, he has a decent amount of raw ability, but he's nowhere near the very best.  Creative, yes, in any huge, amazing, unprecedented way? No. He's far from prolific and has a sh!t attitude.

i never said that hes one of the best 5 players in the world today..
I said at his best, he would probably one of the 5 best players in the world... Messi, Ronaldo, and Kaka are probably the 3 players who are head and shoulders above everyone else in the world at the moment.. of all the other players i think in terms of pure talent and intelligence and overall ability the likes of Ronaldinho and Cassano can be way up there with the best of them if they can maintain good form and consistently deliver for their clubs.. atm Cassano is doing very very well and he did brilliantly last season... His attitude is :censored: no doubt about it... he threw his jersey at a ref last season after being sent off and off the pitch he's going out with a 17 year old... a wasted talent ill give you that !
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:59 am

aCe' wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:I've seen him play for Madrid, Italy and briefly when he was at Roma, and there's no fucking way he's one of the top five players in world football.

I grant you, he has a decent amount of raw ability, but he's nowhere near the very best.  Creative, yes, in any huge, amazing, unprecedented way? No. He's far from prolific and has a sh!t attitude.

i never said that hes one of the best 5 players in the world today..
I said at his best, he would probably one of the 5 best players in the world... Messi, Ronaldo, and Kaka are probably the 3 players who are head and shoulders above everyone else in the world at the moment.. of all the other players i think in terms of pure talent and intelligence and overall ability the likes of Ronaldinho and Cassano can be way up there with the best of them if they can maintain good form and consistently deliver for their clubs.. atm Cassano is doing very very well and he did brilliantly last season... His attitude is :censored: no doubt about it... he threw his jersey at a ref last season after being sent off and off the pitch he's going out with a 17 year old... a wasted talent ill give you that !

I freaking love the guy. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZVeaoe31PM
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby Owzat » Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:47 am

I wonder if Garth Crooks picked it - anyone seen his team of the week? FOUR players who scored a brace at the weekend, plus Taylor of Bolton and three of the Arsenal back four.

...............................Jaaskelainen (Bolton)...................................
...................................................................................
Bosingwa (Chelsea)..Gallas (Arsenal)..Silvestre (Arsenal)..Clichy (Arsenal)
....................................................................................
Taylor (Bolton).............Modric (Tottenham).............Nasri (Arsenal)
....................................................................................
................................Keane (Liverpool)..............................
.............Bent (Tottenham)................Anelka (Chelsea).............

Crooks put Nasri on the left and Taylor on the right so please don't take issue with ME over that. He also put Keane behind Anelka and Bent so again, write to Garth Crooks not ME

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/score_on_bbci/7631245.stm
Last edited by Owzat on Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:08 pm

Iniesta far to low.  If that poll was taken now I wonder where eto would be.  His scoring a silly amount of goals.
puroresu

Postby LFC2007 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:08 pm

aCe' wrote:i never said that hes one of the best 5 players in the world today..

At his best, he's nowhere near one of the top five players in the world.

At his best, he's a Joey Barton up front; a good player with a screw loose who ends up at an average club in his home country.

One goal from open play in 10 league appearances would suggest he isn't doing 'very very well' this season.
LFC2007

Postby aCe' » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:12 pm

LFC2007 wrote:
aCe' wrote:i never said that hes one of the best 5 players in the world today..

At his best, he's nowhere near one of the top five players in the world.

At his best, he's a Joey Barton up front; a good player with a screw loose who ends up at an average club in his home country.

One goal from open play in 10 league appearances would suggest he isn't doing 'very very well' this season.

Cant understand how you can comment without even seeing him play... and comparing him with Joey Barton ?! get a fckin clue !

Hes a very underrated player.. the fact that hes played for the best side in italian football in the last few years or so and then moved to Real Madrid after that says alot about his footballing talent so you cant argue his talent imo..

At his best he can dribble, pick a pass and hit a ball better than every other player besides probably Messi, Kaka, Ronaldo and Ronaldinho... thats how good he is...
Many Roma fans think that hes better than Totti and im sure not many italian fans would disagree with him being the best forward in the country at the moment..
He doesnt play as a striker with Samp. so i wouldnt expect him to score many goals (although he did last season.. not sure about the stats and cant be bothered googling them) but from what iv seen of him he plays as a second striker at time and down the left flank . He played against Juventus i think a coupla weeks back and he fckin ripped every single Jeventus defender a new :censored: in that game with his dribbling and brilliant play.. Was always considered one of the best players in the world when he was at Roma and now that hes back at Samp. and playing the way he wants hes doing very very well and carrying the team pretty much on his own...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:28 pm

aCe' wrote:Cant understand how you can comment without even seeing him play...

I've seen him play for Madrid, Italy and briefly when he was at Roma...

and comparing him with Joey Barton ?! get a fckin clue !

and comparing him with Messi, Ronaldo etc...?!  :laugh:

Hes a very underrated player.. the fact that hes played for the best side in italian football in the last few years or so and then moved to Real Madrid after that says alot about his footballing talent so you cant argue his talent imo..

Where he was sh!t on the pitch, injured for long spells, and by common consensus a c*nt; so they swiftly got rid  :D
As for his days at Roma, I saw him in brief spells - enough to see whether he was as good as all the hype, and never did I consider him anything other than just a good player.

At his best he can dribble, pick a pass and hit a ball better than every other player besides probably Messi, Kaka, Ronaldo and Ronaldinho... thats how good he is...

:laugh:

Many Roma fans think that hes better than Totti and im sure not many italian fans would disagree with him being the best forward in the country at the moment..

Totti's another good player, but never a TOP player, never ever anything like on the same level as Messi, Ronaldo, Kaka etc. I don't know which poll you looked at, but I imagine most would consider Totti the better player anyway.

He doesnt play as a striker with Samp. so i wouldnt expect him to score many goals (although he did last season.. not sure about the stats and cant be bothered googling them) but from what iv seen of him he plays as a second striker at time and down the left flank . He played against Juventus i think a coupla weeks back and he fckin ripped every single Jeventus defender a new :censored: in that game with his dribbling and brilliant play.. Was always considered one of the best players in the world when he was at Roma and now that hes back at Samp. and playing the way he wants hes doing very very well and carrying the team pretty much on his own...

Like I said, good player, just nowhere near the best in the world.

All IMO, of course.
LFC2007

Postby Anfield rapper » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:44 pm

I think you just have to accept that its just opinion and it means f*** all.
Anfield rapper
LFC Super Member

Postby GYBS » Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:27 pm

Cassano ?? seriously ?????

Decent enough at Roma - Had some good performances , the odd very good one but overall a decent player - then total toilet at Madrid , attitude didnt help , doing ok back at Sampdoria now . Reminds me of podloski a bit - Decent all round player but not up with the Messi and Fakeys of the world
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion