Nunez contract

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby The_Rock » Sat Aug 21, 2004 4:23 pm

A.B. wrote:
madred wrote:Praying for a 3-0 win at Anfield over Madrid. Nunez with a hat-trick(1,45 & 90) and Michael misses a penalty! :D

Madrid has the two worst English penalty kick takers, Owen and Beckham..

:D
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sat Aug 21, 2004 4:27 pm

LFC #1 wrote:yeh i think they have first option on him and can negotiate a fee if they want him back. Not exactly sure though.

correct me if i am wrong, but first option can only be exercised if liverpool wants to sell the player right ?

If liverpool wants to keep the player, then real madrid can't do anything about it except pay $35 million pounds for him.... :D
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedorDead » Sat Aug 21, 2004 4:32 pm

Nunez is on a 2 year contract and an optional 3rd...the buy back clause is just a first refusal thing I suspect and nothing to worry about. I mean if he ever wants to leave and he was a really good player then I'd rather he went there than to a premiership rival. Buy back clauses and optional years and these sort of things are common in football these days, I mean clubs have to protect themselves from bosman's don't they so you can't blame them. We should have protected ourselves better with Owen although it's hard when a player stalls on signing for over a year
L - I - V.....E - R - P.......Double O - L....Liverpool F C!!!!!
RedorDead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby BoogiePimp » Sat Aug 21, 2004 5:35 pm

Maybe we got a buy back clause if Owen gets good  :laugh:
BoogiePimp

Postby Santa » Sat Aug 21, 2004 5:43 pm

A.B. wrote:
madred wrote:Praying for a 3-0 win at Anfield over Madrid. Nunez with a hat-trick(1,45 & 90) and Michael misses a penalty! :D

Madrid has the two worst English penalty kick takers, Owen and Beckham..

I hoped their penalty habit rubbed off players like Ronaldo, Figo, Carlos and Zidane  :D
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Sat Aug 21, 2004 5:48 pm

RedorDead wrote:Nunez is on a 2 year contract and an optional 3rd...the buy back clause is just a first refusal thing I suspect and nothing to worry about.

I agree. For Real to option and buy back a player if they ever come good, there must be a fee being negotiated and written into the contract, which I couldn't see happening. It has to be Real have the first refusal right if ever Liverpool wanted to sell him.

OTOH, now that Nunez is crocked, don't we have a 30 days no question asked full money back warantee on our signings?
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion