Jermaine pennant - Should rafa let him rot?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:44 pm

Milner is completely overrated. The fact that he's still playing for the England u21's at 23 says it all. The Geordies up here couldn't wait to get rid, especially for £12m which was quite frankly ludicrous. We bang on about Kuyt. Well Milner at Newcastle scored 8 GOALS IN 4 YEARS.

Milner, striker converted into a winger. I'm spotting a trend on here today. :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Yooj Bigullz » Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:45 pm

GYBS wrote:Gotta agree think Milner is better than pennant and would of preferred we did get milner instead of pennant . At the moment in prem think young would be a good shout for right side

I really like what I've seen from Young. I was surprised Villa paid so much though it could turn out to be money very well spent. I shudder to think what valuation O'Neill would place on him right now
Yooj Bigullz

Postby GYBS » Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:49 pm

Yooj Bigullz wrote:
GYBS wrote:Gotta agree think Milner is better than pennant and would of preferred we did get milner instead of pennant . At the moment in prem think young would be a good shout for right side

I really like what I've seen from Young. I was surprised Villa paid so much though it could turn out to be money very well spent. I shudder to think what valuation O'Neill would place on him right now

yeah he seems to have progressed well so far . think villa would want 20 mil for him thou
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Yooj Bigullz » Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:52 pm

stmichael wrote:Milner is completely overrated. The fact that he's still playing for the England u21's at 23 says it all. The Geordies up here couldn't wait to get rid, especially for £12m which was quite frankly ludicrous. We bang on about Kuyt. Well Milner at Newcastle scored 8 GOALS IN 4 YEARS.

Milner, striker converted into a winger. I'm spotting a trend on here today. :D

In all fairness the Loony Toon Army arent really the most reliable source when it comes to football, are they?

I seem to remember fans protesting against the board, for forcing a manager (with the worst record since Ossie Ardiles) to walk out.
Yooj Bigullz

Postby burjennio » Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:32 pm

Yooj Bigullz Posted on Sep. 26 2008,12:45
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote (GYBS @ Sep. 26 2008,12:40)
Gotta agree think Milner is better than pennant and would of preferred we did get milner instead of pennant . At the moment in prem think young would be a good shout for right side

100% there mate, he looks a great player in the making and his delivery from set plays is DYNAMITE. pundits waffledon about how many goals Villa scored from set pieces and crosses last season well he was the main reason (and I suppose having Mellberg, Carew and Laursen in the box to aim at doesnt do any harm either  :) )
burjennio

Postby Toffeehater » Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:27 pm

Yooj Bigullz wrote:

If i'm not wrong MON said that young is worth about 30 million during the transfer window period . What a toss.er
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fo Dne » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:24 pm

GYBS wrote:
aCe' wrote:
GYBS wrote:this thread is about pennant not kuyt (but kuyt has created more , had more assists and scored more than pennant playing from the right )

i highly doubt that he created more and had more assists...
surely if u put kuyt down the right in a 4-4-2 and pennant down the right in a 4-4-2 Pennant can create dozens more from crosses and cut backs..etc etc...
kuyt might score more not enough to make him a good player or option in that position... if we play voronin down the right in a 4-4-2 he'd score more and create less too... get the picture ?!

kuyt is an absolute joke in that position whether u agree with me on that or not .. forget about kuyt and pennant for a sec.
just let me get one thing straight.. ur trying to tell me that a player who has:
a) good pace
b) good crossing
c) good dribbling

shouldnt play because kuyt who is A HARD WORKER deserves that spot more ? based on what ? and plz dnt bring stats into it !

Its all well and good having good pace and dribbling and crossin , but no point if you dont do it on a consistent enough basis of which is what pennant never was . speedy had great pace could cross and dribble but never did it when it matter. Lost count the amount of times i have seen pennant under hit or over hit a cross missing anyone who is in the box .

Think someone posted it - pennant had 6-8 assists where as kuyt had 10 -13 .

:laugh:

Complete lack of understanding of the game.
Fo Dne
LFC Super Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:53 pm

Fo Dne wrote:
GYBS wrote:
aCe' wrote:
GYBS wrote:this thread is about pennant not kuyt (but kuyt has created more , had more assists and scored more than pennant playing from the right )

i highly doubt that he created more and had more assists...
surely if u put kuyt down the right in a 4-4-2 and pennant down the right in a 4-4-2 Pennant can create dozens more from crosses and cut backs..etc etc...
kuyt might score more not enough to make him a good player or option in that position... if we play voronin down the right in a 4-4-2 he'd score more and create less too... get the picture ?!

kuyt is an absolute joke in that position whether u agree with me on that or not .. forget about kuyt and pennant for a sec.
just let me get one thing straight.. ur trying to tell me that a player who has:
a) good pace
b) good crossing
c) good dribbling

shouldnt play because kuyt who is A HARD WORKER deserves that spot more ? based on what ? and plz dnt bring stats into it !

Its all well and good having good pace and dribbling and crossin , but no point if you dont do it on a consistent enough basis of which is what pennant never was . speedy had great pace could cross and dribble but never did it when it matter. Lost count the amount of times i have seen pennant under hit or over hit a cross missing anyone who is in the box .

Think someone posted it - pennant had 6-8 assists where as kuyt had 10 -13 .

:laugh:

Complete lack of understanding of the game.

also do consider how many games they each played, then look at the %
maypaxvobiscum

Postby k3nny1984 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:33 am

dont think pennant is the answer he hasnt done anything for me fair play the lad has ability but i dont believe he has the ability to pull on the mighty red shirt of our beloved club
k3nny1984

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion