Keegan going, going... - Edit: ...gone!!!

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby zarababe » Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:15 am

Joking aside and the joke that is Newcastle - there ia a more serious issue here about how much control managers actually have on who leaves and joins the club's playing staff. Curbishley left the hammers for similar reasons, Keegan too, it would appear and we all know Rafa's rants over transfer policy, pricing and the speed at which we move ( or don't). Managers are dualy being 'shafted' by owners who know little about the playing side and the needs of the team.

As more foreign owners buy clubs managers will lose a lot of their control.

City's owners may well get rid of Hughes if he can't handle the big names they want. Signings will be imposed and any strategy for building the team, club academies etc will go out the window !
Last edited by zarababe on Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:51 am

Number 9 wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPmiRsRN-jw
The owner likes his fanta!! :nod

Something just not right about him,looks like a gangster or something to me!Where did he get all his £££ from?
Looks like the type of guy that would interview the next manager in the smoking area of Wetherspoons!

I bet the fat bar steward won't be sat in amongst the fans next saturday downing his pint of Newcy Brown.
It'd just be like twit 'n twat sittin in the Kop suppin on a Carlsberg from their LFC mugs, They'd get ripped to shreds.

As for where did he get his ££££ from:

Football in this country is starting to head into very dangerous waters now. Last season we saw a very successful manager (if a complete tw@t of a person) get sacked for not playing 'sexy football', and now two managers having to resign because they can't do their jobs for too many non-footballing people sticking their oar in. I don't think we're too far away from having an owner or chairman sacking the manager and actually taking over team affairs themselves. It's happened in Spain and it's only a matter of time before we see it over here now!!  :no
Last edited by RUSHIE#9 on Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:22 am

RUSHIE#9 wrote:
Number 9 wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPmiRsRN-jw
The owner likes his fanta!! :nod

Something just not right about him,looks like a gangster or something to me!Where did he get all his £££ from?
Looks like the type of guy that would interview the next manager in the smoking area of Wetherspoons!

I bet the fat bar steward won't be sat in amongst the fans next saturday downing his pint of Newcy Brown.
It'd just be like twit 'n twat sittin in the Kop suppin on a Carlsberg from their LFC mugs, They'd get ripped to shreds.

As for where did he get his ££££ from:

Football in this country is starting to head into very dangerous waters now. Last season we saw a very successful manager (if a complete tw@t of a person) get sacked for not playing 'sexy football', and now two managers having to resign because they can't do their jobs for too many non-footballing people sticking their oar in. I don't think we're too far away from having an owner or chairman sacking the manager and actually taking over team affairs themselves. It's happened in Spain and it's only a matter of time before we see it over here now!!  :no

It was'nt Newcy Broon mate its lager!!Can tell by the tone of the liquid!!
:nod
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:06 am

All the backroom staff have left aswell.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:16 pm

Did anyone see that Tackle if you can call it that By Danny Guthrie Yesterday.

Diabolical
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:12 pm

Feel for the Necastle fans - having an owner you hate we know how that feels. The fiasco re: Keegan continues he may comeback :O

Wise and Ashley not seen reportedly boarding a plane to DUBAI - all sorts of rumours

Pundits calling St James' Park - The Theatre of Shambles.
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:18 pm

joe kinnear  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby aCe' » Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:23 pm

Magpies name Kinnear interim boss 

Newcastle have named former Wimbledon and Luton Town manager Joe Kinnear as their interim boss until October, succeeding Kevin Keegan.

The shock appointment follows news that Terry Venables turned down the role over concerns about job security.

The Magpies have been without a manager since Keegan departed, slumping to three defeats under Chris Hughton.

Kinnear, who has been out of work since being sacked as Nottingham Forest boss in 2004, said: "I am very excited."

He added: "Results have not been great of late, but there is a lot of quality in the squad and I am very confident the players are capable of climbing the league table.

"Newcastle United is a great club. When I was in charge of Wimbledon I always remember the passion of the fans up there and how great a stadium St James' Park is.

"It is a big challenge but one I am really looking forward to."

He was sacked from that position in December after a poor start to the season, despite having kept the club up in the previous season.

BBC SITE
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:27 pm

Can't see him lasting long, they may have a lot of problems at Newcastle but they appreciate good football........ not something usually associated with Kinnear.
account deleted by request

Postby JamCar05 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:39 pm

aCe' wrote:Magpies name Kinnear interim boss 

Newcastle have named former Wimbledon and Luton Town manager Joe Kinnear as their interim boss until October, succeeding Kevin Keegan.

The shock appointment follows news that Terry Venables turned down the role over concerns about job security.

The Magpies have been without a manager since Keegan departed, slumping to three defeats under Chris Hughton.

Kinnear, who has been out of work since being sacked as Nottingham Forest boss in 2004, said: "I am very excited."

He added: "Results have not been great of late, but there is a lot of quality in the squad and I am very confident the players are capable of climbing the league table.

"Newcastle United is a great club. When I was in charge of Wimbledon I always remember the passion of the fans up there and how great a stadium St James' Park is.

"It is a big challenge but one I am really looking forward to."

He was sacked from that position in December after a poor start to the season, despite having kept the club up in the previous season.

BBC SITE

At least he's been given plenty of time to turn the ship around  :D
JamCar05

Previous

Return to Premiership - General Discussion