What do we miss? - From our childhood?

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Effes » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:38 pm

Monster Munch were much bigger and better quality crisps
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:07 pm

Real curry sauce from the chippy (the hot spicy kind) and not this s.*i*e you get now.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:28 pm

Saturday morning Kids TV!

Going Live, Number 13 and that program with Gilbert the Alien..... :D
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bermenstein » Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:57 pm

I was born in 74, so in the 80's i was a kid (age 6-15).
So what do I miss from my childhood? well......
I pretty much depised the cheesy music in the 80's, the naff hairstyles, the crappy dress sense and hairy women. ( yeah..you know what I mean)
Although when I hear the 80's music now on the radio or tv, sweet nostalgia take me back to the 80's......

......When Liverpool used to win the league for fun sometimes, and I always thought the Pool would be forever great!! ok,coming 2nd in the league every now and then was acceptable, but there was always next year.....
.......I miss John Barnes....digger, I never thought you would get old and chubby ??? :) but you will always be my favourite Liverpool player. You freeked out Bobby Robson for England, but you enthralled Kenny and everyone at anfield.
......I miss, but errr, Beardsley! What a play-maker. Sweet feet. Barnes & Beardsley. What a combo! Back heels, 1-touch stuff, made it look easy, but how we know Today, its not easy.......
.....Dalglish & Rush...Evertons nightmare partnership opponents.....If Rush was playing today, I'd 'av made a packet on first goalscorer bet. Backed him blindly. I miss his record of when Ian Rush would score, Lpool would not loose. I know they did eventually, but it lasted for ages.....

Thats what I miss Basically.

Just a skeleton to reveal.
.....I miss Wham!....

Although I despised them then, they most remind me of the 80's....
..When Liverpool were great!
Bermenstein
LFC Super Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:09 am

being in school. thats where all the girls were and you had no end of options once you left the other. :D
maypaxvobiscum

Previous

Return to General Chat Forum