Our formation this season - Any sense so far?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Scottbot » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:56 pm

john craig wrote:Dossena got a bit of a roasting against Liege the other night alright.  But to me he doesn't look fit, in fact in his first couple of pre-season games he looked to be overweight, but it looks to me like he has lost weight since then.  I'm reserving judgement until I see him fully fit.

He looks like he's up for the fight and seems comfortable with the ball at his feet.  I've seen nothing yet to suggest he's better than what we have.  Early days though.

Good point, he does look a bit rotund but maybe that will change. Like I said, I don't as a rule, judge players too early but he doesn't look like he has the mobility or change of direction to be really effective in the EPL. Still, Evra had a shocking first 3 months in England so there's always hope eh!
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:58 pm

Scottbot wrote:
john craig wrote:Dossena got a bit of a roasting against Liege the other night alright.  But to me he doesn't look fit, in fact in his first couple of pre-season games he looked to be overweight, but it looks to me like he has lost weight since then.  I'm reserving judgement until I see him fully fit.

He looks like he's up for the fight and seems comfortable with the ball at his feet.  I've seen nothing yet to suggest he's better than what we have.  Early days though.

Good point, he does look a bit rotund but maybe that will change. Like I said, I don't as a rule, judge players too early but he doesn't look like he has the mobility or change of direction to be really effective in the EPL. Still, Evra had a shocking first 3 months in England so there's always hope eh!

True.  Very nearly mentioned Evra in the previous post, you read my mind!
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion