If alonso does stay........ - What about flogging lucas?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby SundanceKid » Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:50 pm

RedBlood wrote:Riena

Skrtel     Carragher     Agger

Mascherano

Gerrard     Alonso          Lucas      Barry

Torres      Babel

4 example

The goal is in the middle of the corner flags  :D

I like the formation, but if they do break past Mascherano, we're going to have a little trouble.
"Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool red"
SundanceKid

Postby NiftyNeil » Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:57 pm

RedBlood wrote:Riena

Skrtel     Carragher     Agger

Mascherano

Gerrard     Alonso          Lucas      Barry

Torres      Babel

4 example

Feckin' hell! Gerrard as a wing-back. MOTD would have a field day, not to metion Andy Gray and the rest of Sky, plus all the daily rags.
NiftyNeil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedBlood » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:32 am

hes not a wing-back thats my "show them no mercy boys" formation when playing the likes of stoke at anfield 

& pepes in the corner flag having sing-alongs with the crowd :D
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby Fo Dne » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:39 am

RedBlood wrote:So get rid of a midfielder who has everything in his locker, the potential 2 become world class & is only 21

because were bringing in a player who is "top quality" but no higher & 27 going on 28 ???? ????

yes thats a brillant idea

& whats wrong with us having barry, alonso & lucas after all its not like were only going 2 play a 4-4-2 every game plus barry & lucas can play in a number of positons

Why do you say every player Liverpool sign is going to be world class?
Fo Dne
LFC Super Member

Postby RedBlood » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:11 am

do i

i say potential................lucas has everything u need 2 get 2 that level i never said he would

what other names? did i say dossena....no, degen..........no

heres the player i think have the POTENTIAL 2 become world-class in r squad now

Pacheco, Babel, Lucas, Skrtel, Insua,

now correct me if im wrong but unless r squad only consists of those names & gerrard, torres, mascherano, pepe & agger then i dont think everyplayer we sign or have does have the potential

theres afew more i think have the POTENTIAL 2 be top quality players also but i cant be bovered typing any more
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:40 am

Lovely finish yesterday.

In the 2 pre-season games so far he is showing to be more relaxed and confident in himself. He's also played further up the pitch and influencing the game more.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Fo Dne » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:38 pm

RedBlood wrote:do i

i say potential................lucas has everything u need 2 get 2 that level i never said he would

what other names? did i say dossena....no, degen..........no

heres the player i think have the POTENTIAL 2 become world-class in r squad now

Pacheco, Babel, Lucas, Skrtel, Insua,

now correct me if im wrong but unless r squad only consists of those names & gerrard, torres, mascherano, pepe & agger then i dont think everyplayer we sign or have does have the potential

theres afew more i think have the POTENTIAL 2 be top quality players also but i cant be bovered typing any more

It clearly states in the forum rules do not use text speak. Also its spelt bothered, not bovered.

It makes people look even more foolish than they are when "thy yoos tex spk" lid.

Lucas doesn't have everything you need to become world class. He's light years away from Gerrard and Torres and will NEVER get anywhere near their standard. He doesn't have one attribute on Steven Gerrard, not one, so how can you say he's got everything to make it to that level?

All of the players you listed are nowhere near "world class", they aren't even good players half of them.

Skrtel looks better than first thought, but to say he's potentially world class is clueless. He's going to be a good squad player at best.

Insua, who seems to be your love child is so good he can't even get a game ahead of Aurelio who is permanently injured and Riise who was quite simply woeful at very best last season.

As for Pacheco, you've seen him what? Once or twice in a friendly?

:laugh:

Yeah alright, we've got loads of potentially world class players...
Fo Dne
LFC Super Member

Postby Owzat » Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:28 pm

stmichael wrote:Lovely finish yesterday.

In the 2 pre-season games so far he is showing to be more relaxed and confident in himself. He's also played further up the pitch and influencing the game more.

The only problem is the game was pretty spacious, not a lot of pressure on players and it was so slow paced it was laughable
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa D » Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:45 pm

Fo Dne wrote:Lucas doesn't have everything you need to become world class. He's light years away from Gerrard and Torres and will NEVER get anywhere near their standard. He doesn't have one attribute on Steven Gerrard, not one, so how can you say he's got everything to make it to that level?

All of the players you listed are nowhere near "world class", they aren't even good players half of them.

Skrtel looks better than first thought, but to say he's potentially world class is clueless. He's going to be a good squad player at best.

Insua, who seems to be your love child is so good he can't even get a game ahead of Aurelio who is permanently injured and Riise who was quite simply woeful at very best last season.

As for Pacheco, you've seen him what? Once or twice in a friendly?

:laugh:

Yeah alright, we've got loads of potentially world class players...

Actually agree with most of that (for once), I'm a bit undecided on Skrtel though, as first thought squad player at best, but at the ar.se end of last year looked a lot better than I first thought. Will be interesting to see how he develops with Agger next year.

That was a very embrassing shout that Redblood.

Back onto Alonso, the more I think about him staying the more I am actually really happy. I just took it as a given he would be sacrificed by Rafa this year and took it, but I reckon, this could be the kick up the ar.se he needs to reproduce his form of 2005. When he first came he was absolutely excellent. His game has dropped but he is still a footballer, a real footballer - something our team lacks at present.

When I say footballer I mean he knows how to play the game, he can pass, shoot, tackle and has a lot of footballing ability.
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion