Rafa, - Has he seen the light if at all?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Rafa, - Has he seen the light if at all?

Not at all-same again next season.
32%
Slightly-get some momentum then moderate rotation.
57%
Totally-a radical departure. Settled line-ups and formations.
11%

Total votes : 44

Postby Rush Job » Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:45 am

jedi56 wrote:now torres has won the european championship he is not going to settle for 2nd or 3rd,he has made it clear he wants to be named world player one day. to let villa con you into buying barry for 18 million ,is asking for future trouble. crouch cost way too much when we bought him,yet now he is 3 times the player nobody wants to pay the correct price cause they know the way rafas mind work, they know he is the king of bargains.he will just throw away money just to get people out the club,but will think nothing of over paying for players then moan that rick parry has not backed all his transfers....we now know those players that were not backed were probably expensive junk like malouda.......rafa got lucky with torres .

people are dictating to and bullying liverpool in the transfer market. why carry on like barry is the new wiz kid from brazil...oh sorry thats lucas. we need more torres type players for 18 million not barry.having said all this i would love barry to join us for 5 million...as a squad player.

i reckon torres can score 40 goals like ronaldo if we get a couple of fast,skillful but very sly wingers.we need some devious thinking plotters in the squad.

Oh just feck off yer wum! :no
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby desmdlow » Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:33 am

actually i of think is it he assess each player fitness during training and rotate accordingly? He is known to be very scientific about his approach in managing, so i think this might be the case. For instance of Torres substitution in the Euro by the Aragones, I sense he is keeping Torres fresh for a prolong Euro as he is short of attacking options.. just my opinion..
desmdlow

Postby stmichael » Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:24 pm

Bamaga man wrote:75 changes in the first 15 games, pardon me for thinking,, but that is bordering on ridiculous. And its a habit or method shall we say I think Rafa will find hard to shake off.

It was the run we had around the turn of the year that ultimately cost us a run at the title, not any rotation of players early in the season. People keep saying the Birmingham and Pompey games put us out of the title race, but in the first week of December we were ahead of the eventual champions (on the same number of games played), and we'd already dropped those points. By the end of the champions league group stages we were within what, 5 points of the eventual champions, with a game in hand and them to play at the following weekend.

By the time the champions league resumed we were something like 16 points off the top.

There was no 'tinkering' with our best players in that time. No champions league games to shift our focus. We weren't good enough (or lucky enough, depending on how you want to view the West Ham, Man City, Wigan and Villa results).
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby taff » Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:59 pm

Cant peopel who go on about respecting others views respect the views of fans who genuinely believe in rafa. Not happy clapping but genuine belief especially in the current situation.  I dont mind a debate but it does descend into petty arguing and that includes me.  I think he will rotate and with the squad gradually improving I think the rotating will improve as well and thats my view :cool:
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:27 pm

taff wrote:Cant peopel who go on about respecting others views respect the views of fans who genuinely believe in rafa. Not happy clapping but genuine belief especially in the current situation.  I dont mind a debate but it does descend into petty arguing and that includes me.  I think he will rotate and with the squad gradually improving I think the rotating will improve as well and thats my view :cool:

thats not my view entirely, but i respect yours, even though its wrong

:D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:40 am

Sabre wrote:
Insanity - Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results 

So rolling a dice is insane? :D

So we finally discover how Rafa picks the team ?  :D
account deleted by request

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion