Kuyt - Is there any fee big enough?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Fo Dne » Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:27 pm

Sabre wrote:
Fo Dne wrote:
Number 9 wrote:Good in a few and Poor in most average in some!You got the drift im sure!
Basically not good enough and you know it as well as i do!

Attempts at personal insults as per usual when you know you are wrong!Nothing changes Stu!
If ya want a reaction your gonna need to try a bit harder than wa,nkfast and ale! :laugh:

Oooo Moral high ground, Barry's all grown up everyone. About time...

:D

Shurrup, you're getting older aswell. The good old Stu would have scalated a situation in this thread and would have 4 cards already.

You're getting softer.  :D

To be fair to Stu, I think it's unfair to point him out cases like Pennant. I for one also valued his last season and I think he's a good player. Yet I'm dissapointed with his progress this season, and I wonder the reason. Remember that Pennant played well enough at some point to be on the fringe to be called for England, he even was asked about it. But this season has been dissapointing and I wonder the reasons.

I say it's unfair to point him out that because he talks a lot of footie, and there's NO poster that gets right every judgement on player when the test of time is done.

Am really not, just can't be bothered with complete tools no more. Just play them at their own game and act as thick as them...

Which can be difficult at times because they take stupidity to a whole new level... :D
Fo Dne
LFC Super Member

Postby jedi56 » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:45 pm

watching kuyt it the euros just confirmed my fear that it was rafa making good talent look unskillful rather than kuyt being as shocking as we now see him.having said all that how has he managed to instantly find his form after a couple of weeks with the national squad,yet month and years with liverpool see him get worst,will we see alonso instantly find his form at juventus and end up pining for him. will lucas suddenly find his form if he had a good coach rather than a tactician . did babel make as mistake joining rafa.
jedi56

Postby zarababe » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:53 pm

Ummm I think you'll find that Kuyt has been doing the role that Van Basten put Kuyt in becasue of Rafa's use of Kuyt.

We need to remembr that Kuyt Senior died last year and was a big influence on Dirk, for those of us close to our parents the loss of one of them can be crippling and we must not underestimate the impact of bereavment.

Kuyt unlike Torres has not lived up to his reputation and perhaps he won't but lets not blame the manager - when you see what Torres has achieved with Liverpool he has credited Benitez with helping him improve, Rafa left Kuyt to his natural position, before switching him to a position which would not kill his confidence, make him useful for the team and not a total waste of money :D

That's good management !
Last edited by zarababe on Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:59 pm

jedi56 wrote:watching kuyt it the euros just confirmed my fear that it was rafa making good talent look unskillful rather than kuyt being as shocking as we now see him.having said all that how has he managed to instantly find his form after a couple of weeks with the national squad,yet month and years with liverpool see him get worst,will we see alonso instantly find his form at juventus and end up pining for him. will lucas suddenly find his form if he had a good coach rather than a tactician . did babel make as mistake joining rafa.

Hello mate and welcome to the forum.

I think that Kuyt was at danger of not going to the national squad and was even warned about it by Van Basten. I think that precisely a good end of season made it possible to be there.

If I understand correctly what you're saying, you're saying that Rafa has stalled the careers of some players and I don't quite agree that.

Torres has become world class this year, when yesteryear he was only a very good striker with many question marks that has been dispelled in Liverpool. We could say Mascherano didn't make a triumphant entry to England, yet Rafa has become him a much appreciated player. When I think of the progress of different players of the team, I think Rafa has done a good job more often than not.

It's true, Rafa has used and discarded many players like Bellamy, Nuñez, Kronkamp, Gonzalez... but when it comes to the important players of the squad I don't think under Rafa they haven't progressed, even Alonso, who's now a stronger player than the young and naive Alonso who came from Real Sociedad. He's more well known too by the opposition, but I have no doubts he's much a stronger player than he used to be.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion