Legal advice - Any boffins in - i need a bit of help

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Number 9 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:09 pm

Sabre wrote:Barry informs

The only thing is though after a while they may put the debt over to a collection agency!That could be a problem if you have good credit it may effect you in the future getting loans etc.
If your credit is already bad or you are blacklisted you have nothing to loose!

I was threatened with that too! But those black lists were declared anticonstutional and illegal.

And it makes sense!, it's a judge who has to decide who's right, and you cannot fulfil a punnishment as if you were declared guilty just because a fúcking company decides it. They tried to do the black list thingy, but it's illegal now. Just make sure that is still working in your country, and if it is, protest!

Thats still legal here mate!
If you have a bad credit record companys will refuse you loans and hire purchase etc.And apparently it takes 5 years or something for your name to be cleared!

It used to be over here if you were black listed you could still get a mortgage though the interest was way higher than normal.Now with the way things are you would have no chance.

I would love to know the legal truth about this as I was blacklisted about 8 years ago after a run of bad luck!
Some people tell me that after 7 years debt is written off.
No one seem to know the facts on this matter for sure though!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza 1 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:02 pm

Data Retention Periods
What most consumers and/or debtors are unaware of is that all types of credit data are subject to strict maximum data retention periods. These data retention periods are as follows:

Sequestration 10 years
Rehabilitation 5 years
Civil court judgements 5 years
Defaults 1 or 2 years (depending on type)
Administration orders
After lapsing or rescission 5 years
If not lapsed or rescinded 10 years
Enquiries by Subscribers 2 years
Yes, these listings stay on for what seems an eternity and sometimes it is impossible to wait for these listings to fall off.

It is possible to have some of these listings removed. For starters, court judgments can be rescinded by the court that granted the judgment. Once rescinded, the credit bureaus must remove the civil court judgment listing, because the court has made the judgment void. Defaults can also be removed on instruction by the creditor. While CCA members will only do this in the limited circumstances set out above, most other creditors will do so following a negotiated debt settlement being finalised on your behalf with the creditor, whereby you agree to pay a settlement amount in full and final settlement, on the condition that the creditor instructs the credit bureaus to remove the default.
Last edited by kazza 1 on Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gone but never forgotten
JUSTICE FOR BABY P REST IN PEACE BABY BOY X
kazza 1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:07 pm

Does that mean im in the clear Karen?
Even though i never paid the fu'ckers? :D
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza 1 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:21 pm

I really dont know Barry. I suppose it all depends on what you where Black Listed for? Read through this link..

http://www.hahnlaw.co.za/blacklisted.htm

....I know its all legal mumbo jumbo but I think it might help you to sort out if you are or not.
Failing that you could get your own credit rating from here..
http://www.experian.co.uk/
I got mine from Experian but it cost me £10 and I was surprised to see how "Blacklisted" I was. There was things on mine that I knew nothing about. Things like Club Books (Littlewoods and Next), Music and book clubs (Britannia) and there was even a phone contract with Orange!!!
Gone but never forgotten
JUSTICE FOR BABY P REST IN PEACE BABY BOY X
kazza 1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to General Chat Forum