Rafa im here for good

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby tubby » Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:27 pm

Reg wrote:I'm not so sure Nanny. He's seen the Chelsea, Inter Milan and Barca jobs come up but for somereason didnt jump. I dont think its because of teh fans.

Isnt his contract up next year, didnt H&G offer a 12 month extension? ???

Maybe he's gonna put himself on eBay in 12 months.

Thats only if Hicks gets the money to buy out Gillette. And even then just a 1 year extension? Thats rubbish. Give him a new 3 or 4 year contract.

I dont know about the rest of you but those comments from Rafa definatley have a double edge about them. On one hand its good he is re affirming his commitment to the club but on the other hand he is basically saying not to expect any big money signings. Defiantley not on par with Torres anyway.

:censored:.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:12 pm

Bav - thats what they offered him a few months back, a 12 month extension.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:40 pm

once again Rafa hints that him being at the club is linked with Fernando staying at the club.

Sorry that dont wash with me.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:05 pm

Reg wrote:He should give LFC 2 more seasons MAX to get what he wants or give it the old `Hasta la vista, I´m outta here´ to Real or someone.

if he doesn't manage a Premier league title bid next season he'll be gone anyway in my opinion.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:11 pm

It's a completely throw away article and interview, doesn't really mean anything of significance, other than Rafa has learnt to keep his mouth shut and not p1ss off Hicks and Gillett.
I totally agree with the comment about Wenger, you don't need mega bucks too win the league but it certainly makes it easier but lets be serious here, last season we bought Torres for £25 million and Mascharano for £18 million, I'd call that some pretty serious investment, take those two transfers out and we'd actually be in profit  :wwww
heimdall

Postby The Manhattan Project » Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:36 pm

Rafa Benitez: I am here for good

Nice of him to say that, but ultimately he may be here for...as long as Hicks and Gillett (or even DIC) say so.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:29 pm

heimdall wrote:It's a completely throw away article and interview, doesn't really mean anything of significance, other than Rafa has learnt to keep his mouth shut and not p1ss off Hicks and Gillett.
I totally agree with the comment about Wenger, you don't need mega bucks too win the league but it certainly makes it easier but lets be serious here, last season we bought Torres for £25 million and Mascharano for £18 million, I'd call that some pretty serious investment, take those two transfers out and we'd actually be in profit  :wwww

What investment? And what profit? Those two players have been paid via a loan, or in other words, debt. Mascherano hasn't even been paid for in full yet.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:44 pm

Emerald Red wrote:
heimdall wrote:It's a completely throw away article and interview, doesn't really mean anything of significance, other than Rafa has learnt to keep his mouth shut and not p1ss off Hicks and Gillett.

What investment? And what profit? Those two players have been paid via a loan, or in other words, debt. Mascherano hasn't even been paid for in full yet.

very true and a very good point.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:11 pm

I was playing Monopoly with Hicks the other day.

He landed on Old Kent Road.

I said "Aha!!!! I have a red hotel on that one, you owe me £22"

He said "Aww shucks"

Then he called The First Bank Of Dallas and agreed a loan which is to be paid back at £1 per annum
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:28 pm

The Manhattan Project wrote:I was playing Monopoly with Hicks the other day.

He landed on Old Kent Road.

I said "Aha!!!! I have a red hotel on that one, you owe me £22"

He said "Aww shucks"

Then he called The First Bank Of Dallas and agreed a loan which is to be paid back at £1 per annum

:laugh:

Anyways, good one rafa! :)
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rush Job » Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:18 am

Emerald Red wrote:

Unbelievable that still has to be pointed out on here, THEY HAVE SPENT FCK ALL AND WE ARE MORTGAGED TO THE HILT!!  Can only echo sentiments of other posters, as long as Rafa is here and not a H&G puppet there is hope. That said he needs to put in a challenge next season, hopefully we can sell some players ( JAR, Pennant, Carson, Crouch, Alonso? ), if we can we would have the funds added to what (little) we already have to get the players we need, its just a shame its how we have to do business, can we get Villa? depends how many players we can get rid of first      :(. Would this be a good time to cash in on Kuyt? with his performances in the euros i recon we'd get what we paid for him, dont get me wrong a rate the lad higher than most on here its just we need to sell.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:32 am

Rush Job wrote:Would this be a good time to cash in on Kuyt? with his performances in the euros i recon we'd get what we paid for him,

Well if you're anywhere near on the valuation Rushie then the short answer is yes. Unfortunately, I fear that that probably isn't the case.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rush Job » Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:55 am

bigmick wrote:
Rush Job wrote:Would this be a good time to cash in on Kuyt? with his performances in the euros i recon we'd get what we paid for him,

Well if you're anywhere near on the valuation Rushie then the short answer is yes. Unfortunately, I fear that that probably isn't the case.

Im not sure mate he seems to be in much higher regard amongst managers and pundits than he is on here and if he carrys on performing and maybe a goal or two ( already has two assists ), like i say there might be no better time.Also he does have plenty of bottle ( pens agaist neverton ) and has a nak of turning up with a big goal mosly in the CL though but that along with his work ethic and ability to defend better than any other forward and basically be everywhere shows he has huge determination to win, he went though a loss of form after his dad passed away this is surely understandable but you know he never hid, never sulked and never gave less than 110%.
Last edited by Rush Job on Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion