New signings and promising kids

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby account deleted by request » Thu May 22, 2008 2:19 am

Interview with a couple of our promising youngsters Dalla Valle and Adam Pepper (Ripped from TLW)

Q: There are no information coming out about the u-16 team. Can you give a quick summary of how it`s been going?

AP: We have lost 4 matches and won the rest, so it`s been a good season. Most of the players in this team are u-15 players, so we had a young team, but many of the players in that age group are very good players.

LDV: I`ve scored 5 goals in 6 or 7 matches.

AP: I`ve scored 16 goals this season.

Q: Why did you choose Liverpool?

AP: There was this guy Jim Aspinall who was a scout for Liverpool who followed me for many seasons. He made sure I came here to train on many occasions, and after he passed away some time back, it just felt natural to sign for Liverpool.

Q: But you do have a blue background?

AP: It is correct that I come from a family in Kirkdale where everyone are blue. I have had some comments, but nothing to serious.

Q: You needed some time to make up your mind Lauri?

LDV: When I was over for trials, I instantly got a good impression of the club, in regards to the reception I got and the facilities. Also having Sami here was no setback, and the club arranged for us to meet. Earlier I trained for 4 months with Inter Milan, but I was always tempted by Liverpool and I thought it through before I made my decision.

Q: Your dad did`nt try to persuade you?

LDV: (Laughing) No, not at all. He never tried to pressure me into signing for an italian club.

Q:Adam, we`ve been told that eager scouts sent you lots of boots to get you to sign for them, but you threw most of them away as you only play with black boots?

AP: My dad did`nt allow me to play with anything but black boots. 'You`re not good enough to play with white boots' he used to say. Now, I cant imagine me playing in other than black boots.

LDV: I have to admit I play in white boots.... (laughter)

Q: So how have you performed on representation level?

LDV: I have scored 9 goals in 11 matches for the 1991 Finland team, and next season I will represent the u-18 national team.

AP: I was captain for Liverpool Schoolboys at u-11 and u-14 level. After I signed for Liverpool I had to stop playing for Liverpool schoolboys, but most of the coaches there are coaches for Liverpool aswell.

Q: It has to be an exciting environment for Scousers playing with foreigners from all over the world?

AP: It`s very very exciting and you learn alot. The players from foreign countries brings new impulses from their former environments and culture, and at the same time they adapt well to the more physical football we play here. All in all it`s good to play and train with quality players and challenge yourself against them.

LDV: The training sessions here are short, usually only half an hour, but very intense. Thats very unusual for me. But after a month I started to adapt to and enjoy that type of training, who demands a lot of focus and concentration. It`s been 3 months since I arrived and I already feel a better player. The matches are played in a higher tempo and are more intense compared to Finland, and that also take some time getting used to.

Q: What are your main attributes as a player?

LDV: One on one situations. My shot and my ability to score goals.

AP: I would say my passing and that I can score goals from midfield.

Q: Any favourite players?

AP: Steven Gerrard

LDV: Fernando Torres

Q: What are your targets for next season?

LDV: To continue to develop as a player, play well score goals and contribute to my team winning the most possible amount of matches.

AP: First and foremost be good enough to start all u-18 matches and then hope to be involved on reserve level.

Q: But first... holiday?

LDV: Yeah, I will go home to Finland and I will also be involved with the national side.

AP: It will be a family vacation, but I will also try and stay in shape. Earlier I used to box and my family runs a boxing club, so I will go through some training sessions there. I also know that we will going abroad to train and play before the season starts up at the academy, so the summer will pass in no time.

Q: You are both still only 16 years old, but you are both familiar with attention?

AP: I did an interview with Liverpool Echo when I was very young and that led to too much attention for awhile. Suddenly a lot of people wanted to speak to me, and I was also quoted on things i never did say. My mom especially found it difficult. In the beginning my dad tok care of it, but soon we found out it was in the best interest to hire an agent to take care of it.

LDV: It has been some interest from the finnish press, but now that I have come to Liverpool I feel things are in place. I have signed for several seasons and I am very happy with how things are. I now live with my dad in a flat besides Sefton Park.

Q: You still live in Kirkdale, Adam?

AP: I live in the same place, but now the place goes under the name Everton. A Liverpool player living in Everton.....

Academy manager Owens comments on the players:

John Owens on Adam Pepper:
Adam is a quick thinker on the field and has a superb overview. He still lacks in the physical aspect, but he is quick and skilled enough to compensate. He likes t play behind a striker, he can dribble, has god passing ability, good ball retention and is always plays for the team.

John Owens on Lauri Dalla Valle:
Lauri has a great balance and skills as a striker, but first and foremost he is an excellent finisher and goal scorer. If he gets into the right positions, he has the abilty to make the right decisions. He can also play in the support striker role, but he needs to work with his build up play and teamplay.
account deleted by request

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Thu May 22, 2008 11:25 am

I remember that Dalla Valle from footy manager, another one of those exciting youngsters that are a must buy on champ. :D :p
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu May 22, 2008 12:37 pm

Barry is staying wrote:I heard Rafa is after Gary Neville, Paul Scholes and Ryan Giggs  :devil:

i heard that you're banned
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Torres25 » Thu May 22, 2008 1:51 pm

Thanks 4 the post saint i have high hopes 4 Adam Pepper & ive just heard of Lauri Dalla Valle 2day on liverpoolfc.tv so cheers 4 the incite seems confident enough

i cant say i was shocked when i read that he needed 2 work on his teamplay :D
Torres25

Postby sgs » Thu May 22, 2008 3:18 pm

Maybe am just depressed from watching manure win the cl, but truth be told my hopes for next season are diminishing by the day...
Floyd stepped left and threw the hook that caught Hatton flush under the chin. Finally, the British champ had arrived in that mythical place of which his fans speak: Hatton Wonderland.
sgs

Postby Owzat » Fri May 23, 2008 8:40 am

stmichael wrote:
Barry is staying wrote:I heard Rafa is after Gary Neville, Paul Scholes and Ryan Giggs  :devil:

On a not entirely unrelated subject, I just read Ince's son has signed for Liverpool. I will/would be surprised if that is true, I would have thought he would have brought up badly and support scum given where Ince played
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NiftyNeil » Fri May 23, 2008 12:53 pm

Owzat wrote:
stmichael wrote:

On a not entirely unrelated subject, I just read Ince's son has signed for Liverpool. I will/would be surprised if that is true, I would have thought he would have brought up badly and support scum given where Ince played

He's been at the club for a while at schoolboy level, but he has just been signed up by the academy and is now on a professional contract.
NiftyNeil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Fri May 23, 2008 1:04 pm

Owzat wrote:On a not entirely unrelated subject, I just read Ince's son has signed for Liverpool. I will/would be surprised if that is true, I would have thought he would have brought up badly and support scum given where Ince played

strange post....Paul Ince lives local and his son was brought up favouring Liverpool...the lad has done well at the academy and has been duly signed
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Torres25 » Fri May 23, 2008 1:10 pm

hope hes as good as hid dad was (sadly i mean in his utd days)
Torres25

Postby account deleted by request » Fri May 23, 2008 5:40 pm

Nemeth scoring a good goal for Hungary u19's the other day. Nice bit of play with a good finish.
account deleted by request

Postby mighty mo » Fri May 23, 2008 5:54 pm

i agree with the prior post regarding lahm at bayern munich , he is one of the best fullbacks in the world, can play either side , not sure if he has one year left on his contract or is out of contract, he has already indicated when his contract runs out he wants to play abroad, if he is available rafa should try and get him , a player like that can make the difference.
Last edited by mighty mo on Fri May 23, 2008 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby flamingpoe » Mon May 26, 2008 5:23 am

damn right mighty mo, lahm is a very good player and agreed he has indicated he wanted to leave , but when does his contract run out?
but the only slight probs is how big a contract will the americans have to do, they probs struggle to pay his wages!!!!!!!!
flamingpoe

Postby Toffeehater » Mon May 26, 2008 5:42 am

s@int wrote:Image

Nemeth scoring a good goal for Hungary u19's the other day. Nice bit of play with a good finish.

I think we will see more of nemeth next season , be it a start or two in the league , or maybe in the league or fa cup . The kids got talent and i'm sure raffa will want to use him next season
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Mon May 26, 2008 5:43 am

flamingpoe wrote:damn right mighty mo, lahm is a very good player and agreed he has indicated he wanted to leave , but when does his contract run out?
but the only slight probs is how big a contract will the americans have to do, they probs struggle to pay his wages!!!!!!!!

lahm has re-signed with bayern
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby monkey 20 » Wed May 28, 2008 10:24 am

Gary Ablett claims he can see shades of Kenny Dalglish in the way reserve striker Krisztian Nemeth plays football – but insists the youngster has a lot to learn before people can call him the King. 
In an exclusive end of season review aired on LFC TV at 8.30pm GMT tonight, the second string boss explains how Nemeth's forward play is similar to the man we call King Kenny.

Despite the high praise, Ablett outlines several areas where the Hungarian must improve before he can establish himself as a first-teamer.

"It's probably a wrong comparison to make but I was lucky enough to play with Kenny during my first games at Liverpool and Krisztian reminds me a little bit of that in that he has great balance, can back into people and twist and turn," says Ablett.

"But he still has a lot to learn. His movement can improve. We keep telling the young players that even when they haven't got the ball they can be involved in the game and affect play.

"He doesn't score many with his left foot and that's something we are working on. It's the same with his head, but with his right foot he can find that yard of space in the box and get his shots in early without much backlift. Goalscoring comes naturally to him.

"We mustn't get carried away because he is just 19 years of age. Rafa will make the decision as to when and where Krisztian will get his chance and that will be the right decision."

While stressing the importance of not getting carried away, the interview sees Ablett reveal his belief that Nemeth has the right mentality to succeed in England.

"The fact he came over with some of his countrymen (Peter Gulacsi and Andras Simon) might have helped but he is a little older and decided to get a place on his own in the city centre. I think he brought his girlfriend over too," he says.

"His English is improving and he seems to be a very level-headed young man."

+++

got off official website.
i'd love to see the whole interview, apparently it's a two hour show, but unfortunately i dont think ill be able to watch it. has anyone on here actually been to see the reserves play and seen what nemeth can do? i obviously have nothing to go on, but i have a good feeling about this lad  :;):
monkey 20

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion