This riise debate - Lets see then.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Torres25 » Tue May 06, 2008 11:01 am

well erm yeh actually whats ur point

oh im sorry if seenin a person pick up more in a week then i do in 2 years, playin 4 a club i love & cant even use his opposite foot pisses me off a lil
Torres25

Postby Torres25 » Tue May 06, 2008 11:05 am

& why is he technically gifted again? because everynow an again he can score a stunning goal how many chances does he have even when he scored 6-7 a season he still ballooned 90% of his shots..............how many times does he :censored: every1 off when he ruins a good move by tryin 2 score a glory goal 4 himself ive lost count

because he can get a good cross in everynow an again

i love the fact that u hightlight the games just because there finals OMG he got a good cross into the box in a final no less WOOOOW

ur probally the type of person who rates the nevilles just coz theyve got a big trophie collection

yeh & im sure utd wouldnt of done it without the  nevilles loooooooool
Torres25

Postby stmichael » Tue May 06, 2008 1:06 pm

Both Riise and Crouch are gonners, simple as that. Both of them not even making the bench was the writing on the wall. It's a shame, even just for the sentiment of waving goodbye to the fans, although the argument of them getting injured is valid I suppose.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Tue May 06, 2008 2:42 pm

Torres25 wrote:& why is he technically gifted again? because everynow an again he can score a stunning goal how many chances does he have even when he scored 6-7 a season he still ballooned 90% of his shots..............how many times does he :censored: every1 off when he ruins a good move by tryin 2 score a glory goal 4 himself ive lost count

because he can get a good cross in everynow an again

i love the fact that u hightlight the games just because there finals OMG he got a good cross into the box in a final no less WOOOOW

ur probally the type of person who rates the nevilles just coz theyve got a big trophie collection

yeh & im sure utd wouldnt of done it without the  nevilles loooooooool

what bigger stage to perform than cup finals? other than cup finals Riise has performed in other games. Regular goals, and one of the main reason why we finished 8 points behind the champions in 01-02 and 9 points behind in 05-06.

A loyal servant who deserves credit.

Yes he annoys the life out of me when he picks the ball up 40 yards from goal and goes for a wonder strike, because more often than not it doesn't even make the keeper work, but then again every player in the side annoys me from time to time.

And no I don't rate the Neville's because they have a big trohpy cabinet. Gary Neville I think is one of the best right backs the prermiership has seen. Phil Neville is shit and always will be.
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby duk » Tue May 06, 2008 2:49 pm

Torres25 wrote:respect 4 what pickin up his what? 30 thousand plus wages every week 4 the past 2-3 years 4 bein no better then a sunday league player

i have always believed in my ability as a football player but have never had the fitness required & when i c some1 as :censored: riise playing 4 the team i love who has only made it due 2 the fact he has the stanima of a racehorse its like gods stickin 2 fingers up at me

atleast kuyt is a technically good footballer

sorry 2 go off on 1 but thats how :censored: off i am

L O L

shocking post, Riise of 2 years ago was a great player, he could never defend to a high enough standard to be consider one of the best but he has a cracking left foot and used to be a great attacking option
Times moves on though and it is obvious that he is not hitting them heights anymore, why? I don't think even he knows... will he ever hit them again? that's like asking if Harry Kewell will ever stay fit for a whole season... Great if he could but i wouldn't rely on it...
On another note....
where do you go to watch sunday league matches? as i would like to go and watch players of Riise's quality for free
duk

Postby duk » Tue May 06, 2008 2:50 pm

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:so Riise isn't techincally gifted? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

This one footed, no technique, 50p worth joke aided us to super cup glory in 2001 (scored) carling cup failure 2005 (scored) european cup glory 2005 (crossed the ball for Gerrard's header) 2006 fa cup glory (scored in shoot-out) 2007 charity shield glory (scored) as well as other successes in Riise's time at the club (2003 league cup) and helping us reach other finals (2007 european cup) He's also rocketed in plenty of goals from left back/left wing. The lad has done well in his time at Anfield. Again he doesn't deserve the stick he's getting on here.

Was he worth 50p when he scored an own goal against Southampton a few years back? Or maybe the one against Luton this year in the FA Cup? Or is he only a joke when it's in europe because that's the big trophy and you're all glory hunting for that success.

Time to go for Riise, but still deserves a massive thank you from every single fan of this club for what he's given us over the years. One thing I'll always defend Riise over is his loyalty to this club. Which is why he deserves as big a thank you as most. He plays through love for this club, not money. You could see he was literally heartbroken when he scored that own goal against Chelsea. Thanks for the memories John, great servant to the club.

And then on the over side of the coin .... What a great post
duk

Postby heimdall » Tue May 06, 2008 7:26 pm

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:so Riise isn't techincally gifted? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

This one footed, no technique, 50p worth joke aided us to super cup glory in 2001 (scored) carling cup failure 2005 (scored) european cup glory 2005 (crossed the ball for Gerrard's header) 2006 fa cup glory (scored in shoot-out) 2007 charity shield glory (scored) as well as other successes in Riise's time at the club (2003 league cup) and helping us reach other finals (2007 european cup) He's also rocketed in plenty of goals from left back/left wing. The lad has done well in his time at Anfield. Again he doesn't deserve the stick he's getting on here.

Was he worth 50p when he scored an own goal against Southampton a few years back? Or maybe the one against Luton this year in the FA Cup? Or is he only a joke when it's in europe because that's the big trophy and you're all glory hunting for that success.

Time to go for Riise, but still deserves a massive thank you from every single fan of this club for what he's given us over the years. One thing I'll always defend Riise over is his loyalty to this club. Which is why he deserves as big a thank you as most. He plays through love for this club, not money. You could see he was literally heartbroken when he scored that own goal against Chelsea. Thanks for the memories John, great servant to the club.

Riise is off, oh happy days  :D

In what ways is he loyal, he's been earning an absolute fortune at Liverpool for being a very average defender, good luck to him for that but in terms of being a great servant just because he pulled on a Liverpool shirt every week and scored a few goals, please!!
heimdall

Postby Torres25 » Tue May 06, 2008 7:44 pm

shocking post DUK the smell of ur piles r shocking................................lol riise was class 2 years ago eh...........................jesus so much 4 "the only the best should put on a liverpool shirt" talk if u thing riise has ever been good enough 4 this club

u DUK r like many other football supporters who think goals r the be all & end all i have always said riise is a terrible player & has gotten by on his thunderbolt strikes but 4 the last 7 years i woulda preferred a player like finnan then riise anyday of the week
Torres25

Postby maguskwt » Tue May 06, 2008 8:02 pm

heimdall wrote:

In what ways is he loyal, he's been earning an absolute fortune at Liverpool for being a very average defender, good luck to him for that but in terms of being a great servant just because he pulled on a Liverpool shirt every week and scored a few goals, please!!

shame on you for condemning your own countryman

:D
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Tue May 06, 2008 8:16 pm

heimdall wrote:

have you ever John Arne Riise say "I want to leave" because I certainly haven't, that shows true loyalty.

In your eyes he's not loyal because he wears the liverpool shirt. OK that's your blinded view on what has been a very good left back for Liverpool Football Club.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby Owzat » Tue May 06, 2008 8:22 pm

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:have you ever John Arne Riise say "I want to leave" because I certainly haven't, that shows true loyalty.

ballacks it does, plenty of two bit footballers know when they're well off. He gets a sizeable pay packet for being ordinary and wins trophies to boot. Man Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal wouldn't touch him with a bargepole so trophywise he's at the biggest club he will find wanting him, and wagewise he might get about the same at clubs like Newcastle, Tottenham and such, but without the trophies.

So perhaps he just knows when to keep quiet, Crouch too knows this is the best he can do for himself, but at the same time he wants regular football and thinks England would pick him if he plays more, so he has to do something. Riise only gets regular football because we've had no quality LB for yonks and Aurelio has been out as much as he's been available.

The best quality footballers will always keep their options open, there's no way of proving the motivations of anyone whether they make no noises about moving or not.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Tue May 06, 2008 8:41 pm

heimdall wrote:heimdall's 1st post in this thread

bottom line neither of them are that good but I would still play Riise instead of Aurelio due to his experience but we need a good left back.

heimdall's second post in this thread

Riise is a truly stupid and untalented plus expensive waste of space, I have absolutely no time for him and even if we just get 50 pence for him I'd say deal. He ruined our chance of getting to another champions league final with that moronic header plus terrible defending at Stamford Bridge. He was ok a few years back but has been a joke this season, get rid as soon as possible.

amazing how in a couple of months and one mistake in the semi final of the european cup can change a man's view on people.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Tue May 06, 2008 8:44 pm

Owzat wrote:
god_bless_john_houlding wrote:have you ever John Arne Riise say "I want to leave" because I certainly haven't, that shows true loyalty.

ballacks it does, plenty of two bit footballers know when they're well off. He gets a sizeable pay packet for being ordinary and wins trophies to boot. Man Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal wouldn't touch him with a bargepole so trophywise he's at the biggest club he will find wanting him, and wagewise he might get about the same at clubs like Newcastle, Tottenham and such, but without the trophies.

So perhaps he just knows when to keep quiet, Crouch too knows this is the best he can do for himself, but at the same time he wants regular football and thinks England would pick him if he plays more, so he has to do something. Riise only gets regular football because we've had no quality LB for yonks and Aurelio has been out as much as he's been available.

The best quality footballers will always keep their options open, there's no way of proving the motivations of anyone whether they make no noises about moving or not.

well over the years and in this thread itself if you care to read it, you'd see Chelsea and United have been linked with Riise, yet he never came out and said he wanted to move. Also if Riise moved to Spurs at the start of this season where would of he won more trophies...Spurs (carling cup) or Liverpool (trophyless)

And surprise surprise Crouch's name crops up in one of your posts. For someone you dislike so much, you don't half bang on about the lad.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby Owzat » Tue May 06, 2008 8:59 pm

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:well over the years and in this thread itself if you care to read it, you'd see Chelsea and United have been linked with Riise, yet he never came out and said he wanted to move. Also if Riise moved to Spurs at the start of this season where would of he won more trophies...Spurs (carling cup) or Liverpool (trophyless)

I don't believe I've seen any rumours linking Riise to Chelsea or Man Utd, I've seen so many rumours about players that are just plain rubbish that it's criminal they even make papers - says it all about some papers. Some villa fan the other day posted a rumour that Henry was on his way to villa, he did say it was BS but still a rumour nonetheless

And wow, Riise could have won ONE trophy with spudz IF he'd moved to them in time and wasn't cup tied. I guess any pro would trade in ONE trophy for the hatful he has won at Liverpool, didn't think that one through any more than you normally think any of your posts through :O

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:And surprise surprise Crouch's name crops up in one of your posts. For someone you dislike so much, you don't half bang on about the lad.

You're talking about loyalty and Crouch has been rumoured to want away for first team football, it's perfectly NORMAL to use players who want away as an example when you're talking about loyalty and players talking up moves away. And now you mention it does that mean he is disloyal? Or does he simply know that he can get regular first team football.

There's no surprise you sank your teeth into that one, I can't mention Crouch in any context without you making something of it.
Last edited by Owzat on Tue May 06, 2008 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion