Teams to look out for in the next 5 years - Premiership team to non league teams

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby The Manhattan Project » Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:36 pm

Manhattan hopes Villa crush Everscum this weekend.

It will amuse Manhattan to see Everscum lose their fifth place ambitions.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:13 pm

Everton 0 Villa 1  :nod
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:29 pm

s@int wrote:O'Leary also finished 6th and 8th, and gained more points than O'Neil in the same number of games.  X million and a rich American owner later.......

My point was more about how some managers are perceived to be failures while broadly speaking achieving the same as other managers who are seen as being much more successful.

To expect O'neil to have taken them any further than he currently has is unrealistic IMO, especially when you consider he's made several 'average buys'.

Having joined them in a sh!te situation, he's done a solid job making steady progression.

The points comparison is pretty much irrelevant, league positions are more relevant. It's all well and good performing well ina couple of seasons, but to then take them to 16th is some decline.

I consider O'neil to be a better manager than O'leary, and by quite a margin, so I don't see him ever taking them as low as that - on the contrary - I see him stabilising Villa as a top 6/8 club.
LFC2007

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:05 am

Stabilised as top 6-8 is hardly a team to look out for ?
account deleted by request

Postby LFC2007 » Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:16 am

It's becoming a very competitive part of the league, it's just that for a host of clubs with big aspirations, challenging for the top 6 or top 8 is as good as it will ever get for the foreseeable future. In that respect, they are a team to look out for, I certainly can't see any other team making a title challenge besides the top four in the near future. Of that group they, along with Spurs, are the teams to look out for [/IMO].
LFC2007

Postby The Manhattan Project » Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:38 pm

Derby will be back with a vengence next year.

They may even win two games.
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:34 pm

lakes10 wrote:Leeds ( been far the best team in their league this year, will be in the prem very soon).

have you not seen Swansea then? Swansea have been the best side in league 1 and have proven that by winning the league. If Leeds hadn't been docked 15 points to start with, they'd still be a point behind Swansea.

Other teams to look out for, Stoke. They aren't the richest, but play in a way that is difficult to break down. They're physical. Bit like Blackburn. If they come up (looks likely) I think with one or two experinced Premiership players they could manage to survive.

Sunderland. Quinn looks prepared to back Keane with funds and I think with a years experince in the league, they could really fight for a top half finish either next year or the year after.

Norwich. Under Roedar have been pretty decent. He got them to safety after taking over when they were rock bottom of the championship. Will be promoted back to the prem within 5 years.

Peterborough. Darren Ferguson has been working wonders down there and has gotten the posh promoted. If they can keep hold of McClean they could be in the championship before long.

Finally Wolves. Again it's all about if they can keep their quality players. Ebanks-Blake, Hennersay, Keogh, Ward and Darren Potter (ex Liverpool of course) That's the spine of the team, and is pretty young. Build a good side around those five and it shouldn't be to long before Wolves are back in the top flight.
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby The Manhattan Project » Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:29 pm

Swansea I like, because they have such a cool badge.

I liked it when they nicknamed their stadium "The White Rock".

It just sounded cooler than "The Liberty Stadium"
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Premiership - General Discussion