Fickle bunch we all are

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Kipper » Thu Aug 12, 2004 10:56 am

I think it has gone too far down the line now. There is no way Owen can put pen to paper and extend his contract at Liverpool. He has made it quite clear he doesn`t want to play for us, by stalling on his contract.

He either signs for Real this week and put an end to it all, or, his agents find another club quickly.

Don`t hold your breath when he says he wouldn`t go on a bossman either. At the end of the day, he will be looking after himself and family, and if the Real move doesn`t work this time, you can bet your life if they offer a huge wage packet to go on a bossman he will.

If he does this, what do we do with Owen this season? Play him in the reserves all year?
Kipper

Postby LFC #1 » Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:05 am

wouldn't be sure he has made it clear he doesn't want to play for us, he doesn't want to play in a team that isn't in the CL, now we practically are, I think he will re-sign, it's being sorted as we speak.  :;):
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kipper » Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:18 am

One of the main reasons that we struggled to qualify for CL football has to be because of players under performing. All the blame can`t lie at the managers feet. If the players had performed to the best of their ability there is no doubt that we should have automatically qualified.

Players should take responsibility for their performances and in a perfect world be more determined to put right any wrongs. It seems that Mr Owen is not prepared to right any wrongs. He is still a young man. He has a long and hopefully successful career ahead of him. Signing on for an extra year should not have been an issue. He should be confident and determined to have got passed the qualifiers and into the group stage. This would have demonstrated a desire to perform for his club and achieve his targets of winning silverware.

A win win situation.

However, it appears to me that he is taking the easy way out. Liverpool have a lot of hard work to do in order to restore some credability, and it seems Mr Owen does not have the heart or determination to pitch in.
Kipper

Postby LFC #1 » Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:24 am

yes i agree good post, Owen may still have th determination, but does he have the desire to be with our club, time will tell.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redtribe » Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:35 am

good post kipper!
Redtribe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:47 am

Yes loyalty is a two way street and im not really sure what else could have been expected of the club in the current situation. Getting to a stage now i just want a quick resolution regardless of the result
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion