Just when rafa saw the light - He recovers the 4 4 2

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Yari7 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:27 pm

It worked because Torres never got isolated like he usually does against the top teams and Crouch and Torres combined for the second goal.

And from the half an hour onwards, we bossed the game.

What is strange, that even with one less man in midfiled, during the first 25 minutes of the game when we were at our worst, we had more possesion then Arsenal.
Yari7

Postby Owzat » Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:29 am

Ace Ventura wrote:
s@int wrote:Top post mate, and I agree with everything you said apart from the penalty. I thought it was a definite penalty. Fabregas had a grab at Babel and unbalanced him and then Toure finished the job. Penalty!

I prefer 4-4-2 but not when its at the expense of our best player, and would have preferred a central pairing of Masch and Gerrard with Babel or Riise on the left if we were to play 4-4-2. Still it all worked out in the end so I am not complaining.

I agree about the penalty, and if you get the chance to watch it again watch Toure's face the split second after he pulls him back, he sort of grimaces as if he realises he made a major mistake.

Toure definitely 'bumped' Babel in the back, but then there isn't any clear contact when Babel goes down, arguably that initial contact did for his balance, but some will argue he could have stayed on his feet. Given the circumstances the Arsenal players did not make as much fuss as they would have had it been clearly a dive, I think Toure's face showed he knew it might be given.

Yari7 - if there was any contact with Crouch's head that was about the only link up play to show for their 70+ mins together on the pitch, Crouch barely caused them any trouble whatsoever, shown in the fact that few free kicks (one that I recall) were awarded to and against him. I'd play him Sunday as I think he can do a job, not sure he'll score, but we can't play Torres every game and Kuyt is knackered.

What are FA rules on signing emergency strikers..............?!?!
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedBlood » Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:39 am

to be honest i wouldnt be suprised if rafa did the same against chelsea, 4 5 1 at their place and 4 4 2 at anfield and would agree with him, keep it tight in the first game and play counter attack but at anfield we will have more possesion so we can play more attacking...
but i would play gerrard in the middle instead of xabi and play babel on the left
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion