Rafa is a god - New song for mr benitez

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby nobybob » Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:37 pm

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:I can assume, or rather I can gurantee that we wouldn't be 20 odd points behind the leaders if we didn't rotate. A settled side, filled with the quality we have, would challenge.

You see i think that rafa has been in a difficult position this season many players just have not played to their abilities and have not proved to be the answer to our problem positions. left wing for example what should rafa do if when he plays kewell on the left and he does not perform should he leave him there and let him as you say settle or does he try someone else. well he tried someone else (rotated ) and got slated for it by many of your mates here. Then there is KUYT he persisted with him , let him get settled as you say- and got slated for that (nothing to do with kuyt under performing no it was all Rafa's fault) Then there is torres an undoubted world class player, does he play him every game even against the so called lesser teams and have him burn out or does he drop torres in these games  and play vorronin crouch , kuyt,.players who should be more than capable of doing the job. RAFA chose the latter and got slated!. This does not even take into acount injuries and cup games ect then we come to the derby rafa takes Gerrard off and got slated even though the player he brought on for Gerrard won us a decisive goal.
I realise that there are many counter arguments to all my points i just want to show that the rotation issue is not as clear cut as we wish it was.
What do you guys think rafa should do if a player is under performing  should he

a) persist with him let him settle in so to speak?

b) change it up (rotate) bring someone else in who just might prove the answer?
nobybob

Postby zarababe » Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:55 pm

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:Well one piece is the ability of the manager, Benitez doesn't have the ability in the Premiership and therefore we'll always be at least ONE piece short.

:nod Big Samm is a commin ....  :buttrock

La la la la la Liga ...

Wining Cups .. winning Cups.. are you referring to that miniscule cup called the European Cup, the not so coverted holy grail for Wenger .. one final and win aka Fergie and anyone who is anyone in Europe wants to win .. blimey loads of brain cells missing all over the place
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rush Job » Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:57 pm

heimdall wrote:
nobybob wrote:
heimdall wrote:
nobybob wrote:you see that is part of my answer - did the gunners fans scream "wenger out" liverpool has finished above yet again therefore wenger will never win the premier for us again?we are only fighting for fourth its not good enough NO they didn't they showed a little loyalty and faith now they are being rewarded for this. I think LIVERPOOL supporters are better than the gunners so how about giving rafa the respect that wenger was given ?

NOW ANSWER MY QUESTION?

You still haven't answered my question as to why I'm a glory hunter, do that and I'll answer your question, I can't make it much simpler can I ??

I will tell you why look up the definition of support in the dictionary, it talks about something that is given in times of need , when things are not going well--like now.
your so called support seems conditionary of us winning the premier , other wise it turns from support into criticism , not even the constructive kind -just the fu.ck off now rafa thanks for the CL the FA ect. kind
That's what i call glory hunting!

You guys really make me laugh, when someone challenges you on your flimsy arguments and incorrect name calling, you get nasty!!

Glory hunter is surely someone who jumps from team to team to bask in their success, Liverpool hasn't really qualified for that IN THE LEAGUE recently has it.

Note that I'm talking about success in the league whilst you are happy to win the occasional cup, that is the big difference, I'm ambitious and what our club to get bigger and stronger whilst you are happy with our current mediocrity in the league compared to the other big three.

I think you'll find it was you who 'got nasty', when did the thread starter say heimdal is a glory hunter? yet you jumped right in as if he was talking directly to you (wonder why) and called him a :censored:. :no
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rush Job » Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:19 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
god_bless_john_houlding wrote:I can guarantee it. As can every other Liverpool fan with half a brain cell. It's obvious rotation cost us. A settled side WOULD have us higher up the league.

Well, as long as you can GUARANTEE it, then, I guess we'll consider it case closed.  You could have saved us all a lot of bother in the rotation thread these past few months if you'd just come forward with your guarantee early on.  Us 'half a brain cell' types mightn't have bothered actually trying to analyze the issue if you'd sent the word down from on high, your eminence.  :kungfu:

:D
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby nobybob » Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:26 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
god_bless_john_houlding wrote:I can guarantee it. As can every other Liverpool fan with half a brain cell. It's obvious rotation cost us. A settled side WOULD have us higher up the league.

Well, as long as you can GUARANTEE it, then, I guess we'll consider it case closed.  You could have saved us all a lot of bother in the rotation thread these past few months if you'd just come forward with your guarantee early on.  Us 'half a brain cell' types mightn't have bothered actually trying to analyze the issue if you'd sent the word down from on high, your eminence.  :kungfu:

:D classic
nobybob

Postby maguskwt » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:06 pm

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:Moores couldn't compete with Newcastle, yet we finish above them year in year out. I'm still waiting for someone to tell me the difference between Newcastle (outspending us yet finishing below us) and us being unable to finish above Chelsea and United (who also outspend us.)

what's the difference? the difference is simple... newcastle has fickle owners and fans just like you lot... they should have stuck with sir bobby robson... it's the ultimate lesson right there... learn from it...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:54 pm

nobybob wrote:
god_bless_john_houlding wrote:I can assume, or rather I can gurantee that we wouldn't be 20 odd points behind the leaders if we didn't rotate. A settled side, filled with the quality we have, would challenge.

You see i think that rafa has been in a difficult position this season many players just have not played to their abilities and have not proved to be the answer to our problem positions. left wing for example what should rafa do if when he plays kewell on the left and he does not perform should he leave him there and let him as you say settle or does he try someone else. well he tried someone else (rotated ) and got slated for it by many of your mates here. Then there is KUYT he persisted with him , let him get settled as you say- and got slated for that (nothing to do with kuyt under performing no it was all Rafa's fault) Then there is torres an undoubted world class player, does he play him every game even against the so called lesser teams and have him burn out or does he drop torres in these games  and play vorronin crouch , kuyt,.players who should be more than capable of doing the job. RAFA chose the latter and got slated!. This does not even take into acount injuries and cup games ect then we come to the derby rafa takes Gerrard off and got slated even though the player he brought on for Gerrard won us a decisive goal.
I realise that there are many counter arguments to all my points i just want to show that the rotation issue is not as clear cut as we wish it was.
What do you guys think rafa should do if a player is under performing  should he

a) persist with him let him settle in so to speak?

b) change it up (rotate) bring someone else in who just might prove the answer?

You persist with a player, obviously you can only persist for so long. Kuyt has had his chance, he's been persisted with, and is persistantly useless.

That is not how Benitez works though. He rotates players who are just hitting form, or are playing at a decent level. How often is it the useless players are the rotated ones?

As for BadBob, it's proven that rotation doesn't win the league. So I can gurantee that making 280 changes to a side before Valentine's day, won't win you the league.
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby Big Niall » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:44 am

nobybob wrote:
Big Niall wrote:There is no doubt that Moyes has done a very good job. However, that is no guarantee that he would have won trophies if given big money. I remember Mike Walker did a fantastic job at Norwich (beat Bayarn munich in UEFA cup after finishing second or third the year before), was given a lot of money at Everton and was terrible.

Moyes MIGHT just be a great manager at a top 10 type club - there is no way of knowing how he'd do if given £100m.

However, his team might finish above us for the second time in four seasons which would be astonishing considering the money difference.

Winning cups in nice but the league is what counts.

in one sentance you guys say money makes no difference when talking about rafa competing with chelsea and arsenal  and in the next you say of everton they may finish above us for the second time in four seasons ASTONISHING considering the money diference
which is it you cant have it both ways :D  :D

I never said money makes NO difference - show me where I did? :angry:

Money is an advantage, but not everything if one manager is better than another.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:45 am

maguskwt wrote:
god_bless_john_houlding wrote:Moores couldn't compete with Newcastle, yet we finish above them year in year out. I'm still waiting for someone to tell me the difference between Newcastle (outspending us yet finishing below us) and us being unable to finish above Chelsea and United (who also outspend us.)

what's the difference? the difference is simple... newcastle has fickle owners and fans just like you lot... they should have stuck with sir bobby robson... it's the ultimate lesson right there... learn from it...

I agree the should have stuck with Bobby Robson but what's the lesson ? - never sack a manager as the next one might be worse :no
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:08 am

Big Niall wrote:
maguskwt wrote:

I agree the should have stuck with Bobby Robson but what's the lesson ? - never sack a manager as the next one might be worse :no

I think the lesson is keep with a manager from the north east. In other words, Bob Paisley should still be our manager.
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:17 am

I see that this thread has been hijacked by the "I don't like the nasty Spanish man" brigade...

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DAV » Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:48 pm

ive said this before on another thread and ill say it again.
Souness? all this back the manager no matter what.
I didnt see many people in his corner

by the way i certainly wasnt.
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:34 pm

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:As for BadBob, it's proven that rotation doesn't win the league. So I can gurantee that making 280 changes to a side before Valentine's day, won't win you the league.

Excuse me, how is proven?

I mean, is it proven aswell that with Gerrard we can't win the league? More even proven perhaps because he's been here longer than rotation without the premiership? That would be bóllocks  and no-one would say that.

So, why exactly is proven that rotation won't give us the league? In my country we are not that advanced and we cannot foresee future.
Last edited by Sabre on Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion