Benitez - Has to be said...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby AussieKopite » Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:15 pm

Benitez during a match is a fantastic tactician (even though recently the boys have looked like they're out of ideas). This is why we do pretty well in knock out competitions. But he seems to be hopeless in a league format.

I know he won at Valencia, but I'm really not sure how. For example dropping players like Torres for a Carling Cup match against Reading when most teams use their reserves dumbfounds me. He says that he's keeping them rested for the big games later in the season but in a league format, if you're not near the top then you won't have any big games towards the end of the season, other than to stay in the top 4.

Babel should be playing every week or thereabouts with Torres up front interspersed with appearances by Crouch. Don't get me wrong, I like Kuyt, he runs a lot with little effect and isn't as technically gifted. People say he plays with a lot of endeavour, but endeavour wins you nothing, its moments of brilliance that lift a team that can be only gotten with players like Christiano Ronaldo or Cesc Fabregas. We have Torres but the other two I mentioned are surrounded by other brilliant players like Giggs, Rooney, Tevez, Adebayour, Hleb, Flamini, Rosicky. I don't like their clubs but they are brilliant players.

Stevie G is great but I worry that he is a formation wrecker like Beckham is for England, where he feels the need to run wherever he wants and then pulling the formation out of shape. Does Stevie G have to go to see a similar effect that we are now seeing at Arsenal with Henry gone?

What I have said may be considered heresy but I do NOT want the Mancs to reach 20 league titles before us, and I am worried that is exactly what will happen.

You'll Never Walk Alone

Aussie Kopite.
You'll never walk alone.

Twitter: @AussieKopite
AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:18 pm

So what relevance has the above post got to do with Rafa again? What point are you trying to across about him?
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby burjennio » Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:28 pm

you cannot tarnish Rafas achievments with Valencia but at the time the "big 2" in Spain were a revolving door of players and coaches, a cynic would say they that had they been as strong then as they are now, Valencia achievements would be similar to Sevillas under Juande Ramos, only Benitez had a stronger squad and more quality players
burjennio

Postby Owzat » Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:28 pm

AussieKopite wrote:dropping players like Torres for a Carling Cup match against Reading when most teams use their reserves dumbfounds me.

That doesn't make sense. He played Torres, he didn't drop him
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AussieKopite » Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:13 pm

Owzat wrote:
AussieKopite wrote:dropping players like Torres for a Carling Cup match against Reading when most teams use their reserves dumbfounds me.

That doesn't make sense. He played Torres, he didn't drop him

Sorry, I meant that he dropped him for the League game prior to the Carling Cup tie. We then drop points in that League game.

The point I'm trying to get across is that I don't think Rafa can win the League in England. I don't know what other manager's could take us and the only two I can think of is Mourinho and Hiddink.
You'll never walk alone.

Twitter: @AussieKopite
AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:24 pm

Then if thats you point make it in one of the other similar topics.

You may wish to know you are not the only one who feels like that, (read these boards), so there is no need to announce it with a new topic, unless you deem your view point to be more relevant than other members ?
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion