The meeting?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby bigmick » Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:07 pm

Sabre wrote:Hold on a minute, did the english TV say that their goal had to do with zonal marking FFS? :O

If someone said that, he should be sacked next day from tv and do not comment a game again.

Appararently they did Sabes. I touched on this in another thread. It was poor defending, but the zonal system was feck all to do with it. It's like blaming zonal marking if Reina lets one through his legs. I don't know why they insist on getting people to comment who clearly don't understand the rudiments of the system.

They should extend the programme by about six hours, fly me over and I'd put 'em straight. Feck me it'd be about the first time in history that Channel 5 scored higher ratings than SKY  :D
Last edited by bigmick on Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:09 pm

Bad Bob wrote:Because we had limited options.  But, in your rush to blame Rafa, you're missing the point.  We fielded virtually our best possible team yesterday--a team that had done the business with style and panache midweek--and we lost when they capitalized on a single mistake, after we failed to capitalize on two of theirs.  Such is the way it goes in the big games--you get maybe 2 chances all game and you must take them.  We didn't but that doesn't mean the manager got it wrong.  Hell, if Torres had stuck that header away and we got our noses in front, maybe we'd be bragging about a 1-0 win today and applauding Rafa for sticking with a strong team.  Blaming Rafa is the easiest, laziest card in the doom and gloom deck.  Sometimes he deserves it (Reading) but sometimes he does not.  Yesterday was one of those times when he does not.

absolutely agree with you on this mate...well except for the fact benayoun was the poorest player... I thought kewell was poorer

and I wouldn't say we played that poorly... the players played their heart out... it was just one of those games that the mancs were in top form as well... so our midfields cancelled each other out for a long while in the first half... they got their lucky break with a set piece goal... and we didn't get any breaks... that's football... if we hadn't lost to reading, this lost won't be so detrimental...

this is the team I would have picked... no complaints at all... and this willl be the team I will continue to pick until alonso and agger comes back... fair play to you... you're one of kuyt's harshest critics but at least you can see when he's playing well...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:08 pm

maguskwt wrote:this is the team I would have picked... no complaints at all... and this willl be the team I will continue to pick until alonso and agger comes back...

This might tweak one or two around here but no matter.  IMO, we really missed both Alonso and Agger in the second half yesterday.  With Anderson and Hargreaves all over Gerrard, we really needed someone who could pick up the ball deep or bring the ball out of defense and distribute it effectively.  Mascherano has many, many great attributes but thread-the-needle passing through a well-organized defense is not one of them.  Same applies for both Sami and Carragher.  At the very least, having Alonso or Agger on the ball would freed up space for Stevie, as United would not have been as content for them to carry the ball forward as they were with Masch.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby zarababe » Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:29 pm

lakes10 wrote:The owners will be asking how many times can they let Rafa get it wrong like the reading game and the Man u game.

Yeh .. how could he get two games out of 13 in the league wrong  ??? how dare he ..  :Oo:  :upside:

Honestly Lakes  :D  :laugh:
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby murphy0151 » Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:14 am

zarababe wrote:
lakes10 wrote:The owners will be asking how many times can they let Rafa get it wrong like the reading game and the Man u game.

Yeh .. how could he get two games out of 13 in the league wrong  ??? how dare he ..  :Oo:  :upside:

And in 3 seasons hes only won 1 European cup, 1 FA cup, 1 Super cup, another 2 finals but losing.  Also champions eague football every year and not only that he only got us the most premiership points last year that we had ever managed to pick up in one full season.

HOW DARE WE GIVE HIM MORE TIME AFTER ONLY MANAGING THIS IN THREE YEARS.
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby zarababe » Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:22 pm

murphy0151 wrote:
zarababe wrote:

And in 3 seasons hes only won 1 European cup, 1 FA cup, 1 Super cup, another 2 finals but losing.  Also champions eague football every year and not only that he only got us the most premiership points last year that we had ever managed to pick up in one full season.

HOW DARE WE GIVE HIM MORE TIME AFTER ONLY MANAGING THIS IN THREE YEARS.

Yeh- how dare he not deliver the league and european cup double in that first season, with that wonderful load of cr.ap he inherited from some french bloke  :angry: ay ay..  I mean how can we take him seriously when turning a club like this around is a matter of click yer fingers.. and it's done  :angry:
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion