Rafa you can be the master of greatness - But also the master of our downfall

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby bigmick » Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:11 am

zarababe wrote:Interesting thread :D

It is Zara and when you see how well the team can play in games like tonight, it makes it all the more easier to understand why many fans get frustrated when we pick a team such as the one on Saturday and play like we did.

Tonight we were brilliant, and had we played anything like the same team/formation against Reading we would havw on that one as well. Ah well, never mind.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:14 am

BM - saturday was a blip for me that's why I didn't bother logging on this site and get reeadty to slit me wrists.. it's the fine line between success and failure.. we have a whole season to go let see where this man Benitez takes us.. and now for the highlights.. :)
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby teamleader1 » Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:29 am

bigmick wrote:

It is Zara and when you see how well the team can play in games like tonight, it makes it all the more easier to understand why many fans get frustrated when we pick a team such as the one on Saturday and play like we did.

Tonight we were brilliant, and had we played anything like the same team/formation against Reading we would have won that one as well. Ah well, never mind.

Exactly Mick

Rafa just seems to have this uncontrollable urge to, not only rest players, but systems as well  :D

When I saw to-nights teamsheet I felt confident we would go through, when I saw saturdays, I thought , oh fk

Tonight we were brilliant, Rafa got it spot on, but that dosnte make up for Sat
3pts gone forever, very poor management choices.
Its got to stop or we will throw any chance of winning the title as long as Rafas in the hot seat
teamleader1

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:33 am

teamleader1 wrote:
bigmick wrote:

Tonight we were brilliant, and had we played anything like the same team/formation against Reading we would have won that one as well. Ah well, never mind.

Exactly Mick

Rafa just seems to have this uncontrollable urge to, not only rest players, but systems as well  :D

When I saw to-nights teamsheet I felt confident we would go through, when I saw saturdays, I thought , oh fk

Tonight we were brilliant, Rafa got it spot on, but that dosnte make up for Sat
3pts gone forever, very poor management choices.
Its got to stop or we will throw any chance of winning the title as long as Rafas in the hot seat

ITs happenened once.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:39 am

What made the Reading result worse was that he played a different formation with players who havent been playing regularly and it was 3 points thrown away. We could easily have to stuck to our recent formations and players and got a result then rest players late in the second half. A blip to some, 3 points thrown away for me. We have the squad to challenge in the league and europe, why he chose that formula on saturday still baffles me.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:46 am

Anyways Reading is done now, gone. Understandably people want to be happy, and even us doomers and gloomers are happy tonight. Feck me when we play like that we really do look a good side, a match for anyone. It's also entirely reasonable for the happier people to jump on any criticisers after a performance like that. I thought we were absolutely brilliant TBH. My feeling is that they actually aren't a bad team, we made them look like they are.

We had tempo, rhythm and cohesion while looking solid at the back. fantastic effort from the players and of course from the manager as well.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:52 am

bigmick wrote:Anyways Reading is done now, gone. Understandably people want to be happy, and even us doomers and gloomers are happy tonight. Feck me when we play like that we really do look a good side, a match for anyone. It's also entirely reasonable for the happier people to jump on any criticisers after a performance like that. I thought we were absolutely brilliant TBH. My feeling is that they actually aren't a bad team, we made them look like they are.

We had tempo, rhythm and cohesion while looking solid at the back. fantastic effort from the players and of course from the manager as well.

Like I said earlier, we looked like the home team. And like others have said an on form Harry Kewell makes a difference also.

I wonder are marseille a good team or a rubbish team? The press will no doubt decide.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pedro Maradona » Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:56 am

i dont think it was vintage liverpool, very committed and workmanlike and they blew away an average marseille team in the velodrome but liverpool only had 36% possession....now granted 2 nil up after 11 minutes might mean u play more counterattack football but lets not get too carried away here. fanastic it wasnt, solid and workmanlike it was.
I think Rafa deserves better than having to see his position being costantly under speculation, let the man get on with his job ...coaching the team lol
Pedro Maradona

Postby Lucky » Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:33 am

Pedro Maradona wrote:i dont think it was vintage liverpool, very committed and workmanlike and they blew away an average marseille team in the velodrome but liverpool only had 36% possession....now granted 2 nil up after 11 minutes might mean u play more counterattack football but lets not get too carried away here. fanastic it wasnt, solid and workmanlike it was.
I think Rafa deserves better than having to see his position being costantly under speculation, let the man get on with his job ...coaching the team lol

Only 36% possession? Don't know where that statistics came from, but it didn't look like that to me.
Never mind. We're never good enough, we're just luck to win because our opponents were always rubbish when playing against us  :D
"We've got a great team spirit - It doesn't matter how many goals we go down, we'll keep fighting till the end." - Steven Gerrard
Lucky

Postby teamleader1 » Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:35 pm

Lucky wrote:We're never good enough, we're just luck to win because our opponents were always rubbish when playing against us  :D

Heard that one a few times!  :D

The bluenoses in work were spouting on about how they want to get them in the draw,

Hope they do, and get fkn slaughtered home & away
teamleader1

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion