Babel and torres - Potential strike partnership

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:57 pm

This post may get slated and laughed at but i dont give a :censored: cause its my opinion on Babel

When i first seen the kid play i coulndt for the life of me think who he reminded me of when he was younger. And now that ive seen him a few times and watched his movement and pace and the way he likes to cut inside i know who it is.

A young Thiery Henry ( ill plug my ears now at the abuse im gonna hear). If you look at Henry when he first came to Arsenal very similar style of play. I would have Babel in the same role that Wenger gave to Henry attacking from the left.

If this kid developes anything like what Henry did when Wenger put him in that position we could have a monster in the making.
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Yessicajax » Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:16 pm

NANNY RED wrote:This post may get slated and laughed at but i dont give a :censored: cause its my opinion on Babel

When i first seen the kid play i coulndt for the life of me think who he reminded me of when he was younger. And now that ive seen him a few times and watched his movement and pace and the way he likes to cut inside i know who it is.

A young Thiery Henry ( ill plug my ears now at the abuse im gonna hear). If you look at Henry when he first came to Arsenal very similar style of play. I would have Babel in the same role that Wenger gave to Henry attacking from the left.

If this kid developes anything like what Henry did when Wenger put him in that position we could have a monster in the making.

Babel is gonna be way better then Henry...trust me on that. He just must play more!!!
and now just 10 minuts!!Babel Kicks :censored: :eyebrow
-x-
Last edited by Yessicajax on Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image
A.F.C.A ..... As Finishing touch...God created the Dutch!
Yessicajax

Postby mantony2552 » Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:33 pm

A young Thiery Henry

100% agree, but the guy has got to be played up front, it's a complete waste of his talent and physical stature to have the guy out on the left wing. He could drift out wide from a striker's position, not drift in field from a winger's position. If you look at his current level of ability, he's probably about the same as van persie was when he first went to arsenal (maybe a little better), and look at how quickly he moved from the left wing to a striker. In my opinion he has the potential to be better than both van persie and henry, he has the skill and the pace, but unlike van persie and henry, babel has more of a physical stature.
mantony2552

Postby mantony2552 » Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:34 pm

sorry that my copy and paste technique is :censored:, i'm not trying to take the credit for what you wrote nanny red
mantony2552

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:47 pm

Yessicajax wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:This post may get slated and laughed at but i dont give a :censored: cause its my opinion on Babel

Babel is gonna be way better then Henry...trust me on that. He just must play more!!!
-x-

I only said he reminded me of a young Henry hes got a long way to go yet love before he can be considered anywere near as good.

I hope your right though in what your saying about him gonna be better i havnt seen enough of him yet to come to that conclusion
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Yessicajax » Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:47 pm

NANNY RED wrote:
Yessicajax wrote:

-x-

I only said he reminded me of a young Henry hes got a long way to go yet love before he can be considered anywere near as good.

I hope your right though in what your saying about him gonna be better i havnt seen enough of him yet to come to that conclusion

I did!!!  :bowdown Babel :bowdown
Image Image Image
Yessicajax

Postby Yessicajax » Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:06 pm

Ryan Babel Compilatie

he is great!!! :bowdown
Image Image Image
Yessicajax

Postby Yessicajax » Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:18 pm

And yeaaaa ther he is the one and only RYAN BABEL..
He came in for Koevermans. So now It is and  :bowdown RYAN BABEL  :bowdown  and  :no dirk kuyt  :no
-x-
Image Image Image
Yessicajax

Postby skatesy » Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:22 pm

27 shots for Holland
0 for Luxembourg

haha
skatesy

Postby Yessicajax » Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:30 pm

hahaha yea man:P and...we just played 1-0:S what a :censored: match.Babel just came in the last 5 minuts.That is to late!!!
Oh well we go to the next round. it was now 29 shots for holland and 3 for luxembourg.
Babel Rullezzzz!!!thats for sure
Image Image Image
Yessicajax

Postby poolboyuk » Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:16 am

Someone in this thread mentioned the 11 mill on him being seen as a waste. Its far too early to judge him - like most people have said he'd look much better up front. He's strong, quick and can take people on - I reckon him & Torres would be a great partnership. Just wish Rafa would give it a go!!
poolboyuk

Postby LegBarnes » Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:45 pm

EddieC wrote:I think Torres & Babel could work well in theory against certain opposition, but in practice it probably wouldn't be so successful. If it were to work it would be against teams like Reading, Boro or Wigan (Paul Jewell era) as they are teams that aren't the greatest but still have a go. They defend with a high line which gives pacey players an area to run into, and in these circumstances a Torres/Babel partnership should work beautifully. However if a team sits back then having two pacey strikers won't work so well, you need someone like Crouch who encourages the defence to play higher up the pitch to counter his threat.

The danger is that teams like Reading who do defend with a high line will just sit back the second they see two pacey players on the teamsheet, IMO it's better to have two contrasting players which makes it a lot harder to defend against.

good point but  think torres and babs have both proved they ca head the ball and score from crosses so there game isnt just over the top ,
plus 95% of all teams defend deep vrs us any ways so it wouldn't be any thing new babs for me looked like a new player that game when i played footie long time back they used to put me on the right wing cos i had pace i hated it i was a striker but i did what i had to do but when i started to get games up front it gave me so much joy i played realy well but also i learnt alot from my exp on the wings mabye raffa is training up the strikers to play 4-3-3 so they can fit into wings and striker at a drop of the hat.
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Yessicajax » Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:36 pm

Well just wanna let u guys know that Babel starts tonight...and not Kuyt.
S.hit for him,
Hope babel is gonna kick some a.sssssssssss!!!
Image Image Image
Yessicajax

Postby Toffeehater » Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:11 am

he did well , and he hit the post also , unlucky not to score
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion