Carling cup draw - We got...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:12 pm

Stephen Warnock expresses his views on the rotation policy, but because he's been sold it must be soley down to the fact he's bitter.

Then we cant score a goal at Stamford Bridge because the refs been bought.

IfithadntabeenfortherefatthebridgeAlonsonotplayingWarnockdoinganinterviewourpoorformandKuy

tnotscoring.

We'd be Champions as Rafa is God and never makes mistakes, its down to ALL those around him, even his wife because she doesnt stir his tea clockwise on matchday.
Last edited by 66-1112520797 on Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
66-1112520797

Postby THEBARON » Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:12 pm

Yes - it kept Houllier his job for another season in 2003. Do you remember , we :censored: up in the league after an unbeaten side and couldn't get through the group stages in Europe. And all this after a summer of heavy spending.
Sound familiar ?
Hopefully history will not repeat itself.
THEBARON

Postby Emerald Red » Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:04 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:
Effes wrote:That's us out

How many times have they beaten us in a cup competition?

That's right - once.

How many times have we beaten them?

That's right - 3 times.

Now shush.

And it was an OG from Steve G.

We owe them for that. We were all over them in that game. jammy c*nts. 3-1 to us!
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:18 pm

LFC to win on pens.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby username » Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:10 pm

easy match :p
"Fernando Towers won't triumph in the premiership.
And you can quote me on that. " - Sabre 2007
Sorry Sabre, but when i see stuff like this i have to quote it :D
username

Postby Owzat » Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:38 pm

Ok peeps, let's do the Liverpool vs Chelsea stats. Worrying thing is we play them more than the obligatory twice a season, although you might want to bet we won't get them in the Champions League this season!

Liverpool vs Chelsea under Rafa

Premiership - P7 W1 D1 L5 F4 A10 (clean sheets : 1)
European Cup - P6 W2 D3 L1 F2 A1 (clean sheets : 5)
Domestic Cups* - P3 W2 D0 L1 F6 A5 (clean sheets : 0)

Overall - P16 W5 D4 L7 F12 A16 (clean sheets : 6)

Home - P7 W3 D2 L2 F6 A6 (clean sheets : 4)
Away - P6 W0 D2 L4 F0 A5 (clean sheets : 2)
Neutral* - P3 W2 D0 L1 F6 A5 (clean sheets : 0)

*if you hadn't guessed, all domestic cup matches (inc. community shield) have been played on neutral ground. Our only previous League Cup meeting under Rafa was the 2004/5 Final.

So yes we have failed to score at Stamford Bridge under Rafa. In the Premiership we've lost all games away to Arsenal, Man Utd and Chelsea scoring just three goals and conceding TWENTY
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:59 pm

Send out the kids, and offer them bonuses for every opposition bone they break.

Sorted. :laugh:

To be honest, seeing as though it's the quarters, we may as well play to win. Get past Chelsea and suddenly there's two games to a bit of silverware.
ivor_the_injun

Postby Ace Ventura » Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:29 pm

Obviously its one of the hardest draws possible and i am going to go against the obvious here. I would play a first team, i know its only the Carling cup and other competitions take priority but i just feel winning breeds confidence, as does getting into the latter stages of a cup.
Players get injured in training as often as matches so get them out there i say.
So far Chelsea have played strong-ish sides in this competition so no matter what side we put out it will be difficult.

I went to the Birmigham and Man United finals in 2001 and 2003 and had great days both times. I hope we take a full strength side there win the game and get to the semi's then we are only 2 games from a nice weekend break.
Although i'd rather it was Cardiff than London.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mungi » Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:28 am

what team should we put out. my money is on a team simliar to the one at reading. i would give hobbs a run just to see how he handles the likes of drogbo, shevie or kalou. if we lose its not the end of the world, if we win it would be a mjor boost to the sqaud
mungi
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:19 am

Effes wrote:
zarababe wrote:
Effes wrote:That's us out

:no

Yea - we'll win 3 nil!!   :buttrock

Be realistic

:no
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:50 am

ivor_the_injun wrote:Send out the kids, and offer them bonuses for every opposition bone they break.

Sorted. :laugh:

To be honest, seeing as though it's the quarters, we may as well play to win. Get past Chelsea and suddenly there's two games to a bit of silverware.

Isn't the semi two-legged? Unless they've changed it since last season. I seem to recall spudz being 2-0 up against the goners and they went back to 2-2 before the goners won it at the Emirates 3-1 (looked up the return leg score)

This is one of those competitions that you either want to lose first game or win, anything else is a fixture drag. If they do seriously consider a winter break then I hope this competition goes. It's had a great history but then so did the Old 1st Division before they renamed it without hesitation and the old Cup Winners Cup and indeed the European Cup before the renamed it to something more inappropriate, opened it up to non-Champions and gave it group stages to bring in the ££££.

With less fixtures maybe Rafa wouldn't be worrying first game of the season about possible fatigue in the last game of the season
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion