It dawned on me on sunday

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby kunilson » Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:09 am

title of this post is perfect for what just dawned on me at work today....(forgive the london club theme)

There's only one...
Fernando Torres
Theres only one...
Fernando Torres
He rejected the mancs,
so now they can W*nk
over their sister brother father mother tooooo.

:laugh:
kunilson
LFC Super Member

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:25 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
god_bless_john_houlding wrote:Please can people belt up about injuries. Agger gets injured we're bringing in Finland's greatest ever centre half. Alonso gets injured we're bringing in one of Argentina's most important players. Torres gets injured we bring in another full international. Injuries are just an excuse to paper over the cracks of what's proven to be a very average side.

You seem to be under some misapprehension that all internationals are created equal.  Is Dirk--full Dutch international--Kuyt anywhere near as good as Torres?  No.  Is Sami Hyypia today on par with a younger, more-comfortable-on-the-ball Dan Agger?  Nope.  Does Mascherano have the same range of passing as Alonso?  Don't think so.  The injuries matter.  You make out like we're potential world-beaters because we're a team full of internationals (you've even used Riise as an example in other posts) and then you say we're a very average side?  What's the deal? ???

Again you can take it both ways. Does Agger have the reading of the game Hyypia has? No. Does Torres pressure defenders the way Kuyt does? No. Does Torres give us the same option as Crocuh? No. Does Alonso have the ability to tackle and break up play the way Mascheranho does? No. So again I'll say injuries are just an excuse for when things aren't going right. If Kuyt and believe me it's a really big if, but anyway if Kuyt was scoring at will this season, would we be moaning about losing Torres to injury then? Of course not, so I'm not one to accept injuries as an excuse for poor performances especially when you have the quality of players we have at our disposal.
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby Bad Bob » Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:34 pm

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:
god_bless_john_houlding wrote:Please can people belt up about injuries. Agger gets injured we're bringing in Finland's greatest ever centre half. Alonso gets injured we're bringing in one of Argentina's most important players. Torres gets injured we bring in another full international. Injuries are just an excuse to paper over the cracks of what's proven to be a very average side.

You seem to be under some misapprehension that all internationals are created equal.  Is Dirk--full Dutch international--Kuyt anywhere near as good as Torres?  No.  Is Sami Hyypia today on par with a younger, more-comfortable-on-the-ball Dan Agger?  Nope.  Does Mascherano have the same range of passing as Alonso?  Don't think so.  The injuries matter.  You make out like we're potential world-beaters because we're a team full of internationals (you've even used Riise as an example in other posts) and then you say we're a very average side?  What's the deal? ???

Again you can take it both ways. Does Agger have the reading of the game Hyypia has? No. Does Torres pressure defenders the way Kuyt does? No. Does Torres give us the same option as Crocuh? No. Does Alonso have the ability to tackle and break up play the way Mascheranho does? No. So again I'll say injuries are just an excuse for when things aren't going right. If Kuyt and believe me it's a really big if, but anyway if Kuyt was scoring at will this season, would we be moaning about losing Torres to injury then? Of course not, so I'm not one to accept injuries as an excuse for poor performances especially when you have the quality of players we have at our disposal.

Right, you must be the only supporter who doesn't feel Torres is streets ahead of our other three strikers or that Sami--true legend that he was--has not started to show his age when played twice a week for the past six weeks.  Get a grip, mate.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:40 pm

Torres is obviously our best forward and Hyypia is certainly on the decline, but I still won't take injuries as an excuse. The truth of the matter is, we have "quality" players and a so called brilliant manager, well somewhere along the line these quality players and brilliant manager have forced us to be an average side.
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby hello_red » Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:49 pm

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:Torres is obviously our best forward and Hyypia is certainly on the decline, but I still won't take injuries as an excuse. The truth of the matter is, we have "quality" players and a so called brilliant manager, well somewhere along the line these quality players and brilliant manager have forced us to be an average side.

That my friend is the rantings of a visionless retard!

Why? Because you obviosuly have no clue as to what you are watching. When I watch Liverpool at the minute I see a team low on confidence and therefore flair. Agger and Alonso, our two most important people attack wise, are injured still and have been for about 2 months now i think. And Torres is injured aswell. Gerrard and Mascherano are still playing yes but play makers they certainly are not.

Watch the games!
hello_red
LFC Super Member

Postby The Manhattan Project » Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:06 pm

I woke up on Sunday morning. The sun was shining it was a new dawning. Then I wound my way down to Baker Street. I was light in my head and dead on my feet. It was another crazy day, I thought I'd drink my night away, and forget about everything.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:31 pm

Ah Rafferty of the Gerrence fame Manhatten. What with your Rinus Michels references and journeys back into musical nostalgia, you're getting all whimsical in your old age.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:59 am

Manhattan ages differently to other humans.

I was born old and with each passing year, I progressively get younger.

Doctors are bewildered.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:17 am

The Manhattan Project wrote:Manhattan ages differently to other humans.

Doctors are bewildered.

I am pretty sure you have all the psychiatrist's puzzled as well mate  :D
account deleted by request

Postby LFC2007 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:18 am

Doctors are bewildered.

:laugh:
LFC2007

Postby username » Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:20 am

Doctors are bewildered.

You were born old? I feel for you mum  :(

:D
"Fernando Towers won't triumph in the premiership.
And you can quote me on that. " - Sabre 2007
Sorry Sabre, but when i see stuff like this i have to quote it :D
username

Postby Kharhaz » Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:10 am

He was just wrinkly but had cosmetic surgery very, very,..........very early ! His first words were BOTOX !
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion