Milk cup - LIVERPOOL VS CARDIFF - Match thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby red_guy » Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:06 am

Seriously, i wasn't impressed with Babel. People talking about he should be a CF not a winger etc. but he reminds me of Cisse. God Forbid.
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby seano » Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:07 am

Should we be beating Cardiff City by more than one goal??
seano

Postby mungi » Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:11 am

seano wrote:Should we be beating Cardiff City by more than one goal??

yeh seano i think we should. but too a win is a win and im happy considering our current form. lucas, el zhar and hobbs played well which makes the win even more satisfying. the test is against blackburn this weekend.
mungi
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby seano » Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:17 am

Yes I agree Mungi. Also, the return of Kewell has got to boost our confidence despite the loss of Torres and Alonso. Must beat Blackburn.
seano

Postby europian-kings » Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:22 am

i started watchin highlights at 11 and then at 12 it was liverpool.....i was like finally!! and all that it did was go to the match and show fowlers free kick and then it changed programs :s :O
europian-kings
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:45 pm

I thought the first half was a bit sh#t and it was evident in the hurried chances we created. Second half though I thought we were really good. We played some really nice football at times too.

There were plenty of positives to take from the game. Crouch played really well I thought. El Zhar's goal was a beauty. Benayoun was really good when he came on. Harry Kewell looked sharp when he came on and he's looking pretty lean too.

What I enjoyed most about the game though, was the confirmed return to form of Gerrard, especially in the second half. He was getting stuck in all night and took his goal really well. Imean he wouldn't have started if Sissoko wasn't ill but to see the skipper back to somewhat near his best is great news for everyone.

Can someone whinge please. I'm getting withdrawal symptoms. :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Owzat » Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:21 pm

The question I have to ask is this - SIX of the eight teams remaining are in the top nine places in the Premiership - spudz and West Ham the other two. Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal put out weakened teams and yet are still strong enough to be the teams from whom the winners will come. So what does that say about the other teams? Can't even beat second strings, albeit Liverpool and Chelsea were at home to lower division teams.

And what if Sissoko had played as planned in place of Gerrard...................... Was it the QFs we lost to Arsenal in last season? Must have been, if the semis are two legged
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:25 pm

stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Owzat » Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:25 pm

EDIT

WTF? I went to quote a post, must have disappeared
Last edited by Owzat on Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby KOPMATT » Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:52 pm

europian-kings wrote:i started watchin highlights at 11 and then at 12 it was liverpool.....i was like finally!! and all that it did was go to the match and show fowlers free kick and then it changed programs :s :O

yep same for me too! Mine just stopped recording bloody sky+!
At least i was at the game to see it all.
KOPMATT

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion