Whats on the telly ? - Bored stiff

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Dundalk » Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:14 pm

poolmania wrote:Anyone seen the sheild, excellent viewing. Busy watching season 3 over here as well as season 6 of 24.

A brilliant show does anyone know when it is coming back on
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:56 pm

I'm on Episode 19 of Heroes Season 1.  Highly recommend it up to now.

After that, I'm thinking of starting to watch Scrubs or The West Wing from the start of Season 1.

I watched Smallville up to Season 5 when I just stopped because it was going round in circles, although I will resurrect this soon and watch all of Season 5 on the bounce.

I have a 60GB iPod video and I've found a belter "DVD To iPod Converter" so I'm converting loads of shit to it so I can watch it on the train to work and on my lunch break.  Getting a new job shortly though where I will be driving in every day so it will just be lunch time viewing soon.

Best thing I've saw over the last year or so apart from my personal favourite Lost has to be Peep Show with Mitchell and Webb.

Right this second, I'm downloading Anchorman to my iPod.  So much funnyness in one place in that film. :p   Tomorrow, I will convert Shaun Of The Dead.  I'm a huge fan of Spaced with Simon Pegg as well if you've not seen that.

As far as actually watching television goes, I can't recommend anything, I don't watch anything,  I prefer watching a series of something on the bounce, just sticking with that.  I've only ever got Sky Sports News on in my place and even then, that is usually repeated every ten minutes on a loop.  TV's not worth watching.  It doesn't work like that for me.  I have Sky Plus which means I can record things and watch them when I feel like it.  I've got Lucky Number Slevin I might start watching later on.  I've heard it's good.

Watched The Last King Of Scotland earlier today.  Good film.

But generally speaking, I either download my stuff or just buy it pre-burnt on DVD from eBay.  Much easier.  Did this with Prison Break, Lost Peep Show and The Shield.
jonnymac1979

Postby Dundalk » Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:15 pm

Ive got A 60GB Ipod as well Johnny and everything gets converted and put on it, the best invention ever. You have your favorite show with you no matter where you go.

Peep show is brilliant but its a pity they only make 6 episodes per series, it really is top telly. Scrubs is good you will enjoy that

Look out for Deadliest Catch, you will be pleasantly surprised :;):
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kunilson » Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:40 pm

man i want a 60gb ipod, no fair.

tonight on channel 5, porky's is coming on. think at 11pm.....classic film
kunilson
LFC Super Member

Postby Kharhaz » Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:55 pm

THE STING !

Best film EVER, Robert Redford and Paul Newman, when I see a film its most likely I wont watch it again but this one ive seen about a million times ! Classic
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:16 am

Dundalk wrote:
poolmania wrote:Anyone seen the sheild, excellent viewing. Busy watching season 3 over here as well as season 6 of 24.

A brilliant show does anyone know when it is coming back on

I loved the Shield . I hope they bring it back , the last series (series 6) only had 10 episodes . I'm hoping they haven't canned it.

In the meantime I'm watching (via downloads)  The 4400,  Rescue Me , Eureka, Burn Notice, Traveller and The Flight of the Conchords.

I recommend them to you all   :)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Judge » Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:01 am

woof woof ! wrote:
Dundalk wrote:Do you watch TV 24 hours a day?? :D

:D  No , sometimes I have to sleep , but the telly is always on . Sad I know , but I blame the missus , she's the kind of person who'll nod off on the couch and if you switch the tv of she'll say (without opening her eyes) "I was listening to that !"

:D

i wonder if yer missus actually sees what you write about her  :D

rafadodd on the other hand reminds me of timothy lumsden out of sorry  :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:49 am

Ok , for those that like to DL stuff.

New episodes back on air in the US right now.
Prison Break
Boston Legal
Heroes
Shark
Bones

Coming next week
Dexter
Smallville
Supernatural

:buttrock  :pirate
Last edited by woof woof ! on Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby stmichael » Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:18 pm

decent night tonight. mock the week, saxondale, mitchell and webb.

although i may opt against mitchell and webb in favour of billie piper in "the secret diary of a call girl" on itv2. :oops:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Emerald Red » Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:15 am

TV died a long f*cking time ago, imo. Nothing but pure shyte on the box these days. Too many Hells Kitches, Big Brothers, Celibrity Love Islands, I'm A W@anker, Get Me Out Of Here tripe, bullsh*t nonsense, bollox!

I just watch repeats of old shows I loved growing up on my PC. Been watching a lot of X-Files at the moment. Loved that show, though it all went a bit :censored: after season 7.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:19 am

woof woof ! wrote:Hurrah found a great if not original show .

Storyline - The series follows two Yale University graduate students who become suspects when New York's Drexler Museum is bombed while they are pulling a juvenile prank. It appears that their friend, Will Traveler, set them up to look like the terrorists who did the bombing. After the bombing, Traveler disappears and there is no evidence that he ever existed.

As Jay and Tyler flee from the FBI, which believes them to be domestic terrorists, they uncover secrets and clues, including the fact that at least two organizations have knowledge of the conspiracy, among them the Department of Homeland Security.

At first I thought this was just another spin on "The Fugitive" and although to a large degree it is (accused flees from law whilst trying to prove their innocence) I nevertheless found myself caught up in the tangled web of conspiracy that surrounds our main protaganists. Well worth downloading if you have the facility .

Sounds great mate but it helps if you tell us what it's called  :D
account deleted by request

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:32 am

:D

Traveler.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Mikz » Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:59 am

Smallville Back last night- Season 7 -Back to its very best! :buttrock

I think supernatural starts next week.
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:31 am

Iwas flickin through the channels last night as the telly was rubbish and came across a programme it was on gold so it must have been shown months ago but i never seen it anyway it was David Baddiel in Has Football Gone Soft. It showed when you could actually tackle on the pitch and you should have seen the state of some of them .
But the best bit for me was some of the haircuts the players used to have and it reminded me of what the programme Kickoff with Gerald Sinstad used to be like.

If anyone has seen it could they please tell me the name of the player being interviewed with the mad haircut it looks like he has a bush growing over one side of his head.
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:02 am

Anyone just seen the new Ronaldhio ad on soccer am absolute quality
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to General Chat Forum