Liverpool still chasing dawson

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Fri Jul 30, 2004 2:25 pm

jim_morrison_supported_liverpool wrote:st michael's right though- british players are just badly overpriced. and them b*******  chelsea are just makin a mockery out of the transfer market. it doesnt look good for english footy i'm tellin yer. people are buyin foreign all the time cos of this. yout systems will suffer. sumthin needs to be done. i just dont know what

i have to point out that for every one good foreigner who has come to this country to play, there have been five bad ones. however you can't really blame clubs for buying foreign nowadays. i just don't think the standard of english youngsters is good enough. all this talk of "academies this, academies that" is rubbish. if the english players are good enough they will make the grade, simple as that. :(
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby ckay » Fri Jul 30, 2004 2:27 pm

stapo1000 wrote:
jim_morrison_supported_liverpool wrote:st michael's right though- british players are just badly overpriced. and them b*******  chelsea are just makin a mockery out of the transfer market. it doesnt look good for english footy i'm tellin yer. people are buyin foreign all the time cos of this. yout systems will suffer. sumthin needs to be done. i just dont know what

the rule where only a certain number of foreign players can be named in a team should be reintroduced. that should stop chelski ruining the game

I heard that there was a new rule coming in about haveing to have a at least 3 players from the youth system in your team.

We'd be ok but many others would be stuffed.

The foreign player ruke would never come back. To many foreigners would have to go home and Owen and Rooney would be worth £100million to any other Prem team.
ckay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ckay » Fri Jul 30, 2004 2:28 pm

Sean wrote:We definitely need another centre half.  I haven't seen Dawson but what is the latest on Coloccini ?  He impressed me at Copa America.

Wasn't it a loan deal for him?
ckay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jim_morrison_supported_liverpool » Fri Jul 30, 2004 2:44 pm

yes i totally agree. it saddens me when i see kids playin sunday league and i hear the line cheerin when they smack it up the field or throw mad tackles. its down to british mentality and culture. i know that these things are not encouraged on the continent.
i used to play in the dutch tournaments with liverpool boys, and we'd ****** it at the time, cos we were more rough and ready, and our physical presence was too much. their coaches must have been quietly laughing to themselves though knowing that their way would prevail in the end.
it really  is a "grassroots" issue. it wont be fixed overnight, the whole of british football culture has to change.
its not the chilli sauce on kebabs that give you ring-sting, its the actual meat. had one without chilli, and still had ring-sting. the chilli's only there to mask the nonsense they stuff inside that bread.
jim_morrison_supported_liverpool
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Fri Jul 30, 2004 2:47 pm

jim_morrison_supported_liverpool wrote:it really  is a "grassroots" issue. it wont be fixed overnight, the whole of british football culture has to change.

exactly.

that is what really p#sses me off about this ludicrous olympic bid of ours. it's a complete waste of money. imo the money should be put into grass roots sport so that we can find the next michael owen or wayne rooney. :(
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby jim_morrison_supported_liverpool » Fri Jul 30, 2004 2:55 pm

i think them players will always come through every now and then, but we needa braoder cross section of technically trained, tectically minded youngsters, instead of the odd superstar. i'm not sayin every 15 year old should be technically gifted or know the tactics of the game, but theres a lot more thought should go into the game than what the british seem to give it. i'm sure bein an island all on our own has something to do with it......the mix of ideas just doesnt make it over the channel.
its not the chilli sauce on kebabs that give you ring-sting, its the actual meat. had one without chilli, and still had ring-sting. the chilli's only there to mask the nonsense they stuff inside that bread.
jim_morrison_supported_liverpool
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion