Fernando torres. - I know it's early but.....

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Sabre » Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:32 pm

You're welcome, not that I was trying to justify, I'm not a scout but a supporter. But it's indeed difficult to make predictions anyway, players have streaks, but nobody knows why they start and hw much they'll last!

Basically he's the same player, but he's doing superbly well so far. Only the Oporto game was a bit poor
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:48 pm

grayghost wrote:
AB's Red Army wrote:
mattylfc wrote:I honestly believe that Rafa is looking at the bigger picture with Torres. I wouldnt be surprised if Rafa is trying his best to keep the pressure off of Torres by not playing him in every league game. Torres came here with a big price tag and a big reputation, Its Rafas job as a manager to look after Torres and also let him know that its not all about him. He made a point after the game last night of saying that we have four quality strikers, not one. He also said that he will pick the team that is best for that particular game.

I said in another thread that i wasnt surprised he wasnt included against Birmingham as i too thought he would find it hard to create space and get in behind the defense, much like Bellamy struggled last year.

Im not saying that i completely agreed with this but i did see Rafas point in that he perhaps thought that Torres wouldnt get much joy and it could have possibly knocked his confidence a bit. Its easy for us to say now but had we won, there would have been little complaint, just like there wasnt when Van Persie was rested on the same day for Arsenal in a similar fixture.

Well said.

The pressure  at Atheltico madrid for him was more than the pres here he was captain at 19 ther best player and the 1 who the fans loved and looked to for the goals he handled that well he can handle any thing here as well

A bit naive when you consider he spent his life there.

No matter how well you do at a place of work, if you move to another, you're always nervous and under pressure to perform.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby MLPD » Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:42 pm

just to follow up on Sabre´s post (I may be the Atlético fan with the decent English), I would not say I am seeing a different Torres since he joined Liverpool. The difference is not in him but rather in the players around him. I have seen him playing with horrible midfielders season after season and that was the key to his game: he basically had to do EVERYTHING, whereas he now has the chance on concentrating on his duty. In Atlético he had to go all the way back to the midfield to collect or recover the ball, then build the attack and finally shoot on goal. In LFC I believe he can rely on the quality of the passes from midfielders, receive decent balls while running towards the box and shoot. In Atlético he used to receive poor passes with the goal at his back, a position where most of his skills are wasted
In any event, worse times may and possibly will come. He has always come out of them by himself, just be confident
MLPD

Postby red37 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:57 pm

Nice Torres article up on the offal:

TORRES

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:35 pm

MLPD wrote:just to follow up on Sabre´s post (I may be the Atlético fan with the decent English), I would not say I am seeing a different Torres since he joined Liverpool. The difference is not in him but rather in the players around him. I have seen him playing with horrible midfielders season after season and that was the key to his game: he basically had to do EVERYTHING, whereas he now has the chance on concentrating on his duty. In Atlético he had to go all the way back to the midfield to collect or recover the ball, then build the attack and finally shoot on goal. In LFC I believe he can rely on the quality of the passes from midfielders, receive decent balls while running towards the box and shoot. In Atlético he used to receive poor passes with the goal at his back, a position where most of his skills are wasted
In any event, worse times may and possibly will come. He has always come out of them by himself, just be confident

the same could be said for Gerrard over the years and i think both players have the same attitude towards the game.

I.E:- If the players around you can't do the job, do it yourself. Hence Garrard has often run from one end of the pitch to the other covering for players who were not so talented.  I think both gerrard and Torres get a superb link the more they play together
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby javi_atletico » Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:09 pm

Hi! I´m Javi, I´m from Madrid and I am 16. Excuse me if my English is don´t perfect. I´ll try to make it the best I can.

I can tell you a lot about Fernando Torres. I support Atletico de Madrid and I enjoyed him during 6 years. You have to be so happy because he´s one of the best players in Europe. Obviously he have many things to learn, here, he couldn´t learn so much because he was the team star and we are in our worst history moment...

Fernando is a very confident person, although he doesn´t seem it, he knows perfectly what he is able to do. I´m sure you are going to enjoy him so much because if he had been here with pathetic players and he scored 15 goals per seasson, in Liverpool with Gerrard, Xavi Alonso, Mascherano... he can perfectly score about 20 or 25 goals.

You have to be pacient this seasson because is his first, but since next seasson he is going to make you crazy. I wish you the biggest of the luck to win Champions League or Premiership, or why not, the two competitions.

Excuse me if you have problems to understand me, I will try to explain better each time.
javi_atletico

Postby Sabre » Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:14 pm

Welcome javi. For what I can read to my forum friends, I can say that they're more than happy with what they have seen of Fernando Torres.

Some of them say he's a world class player, one of the best in his position in the world. Fernando has played very well I must say, has used his pace, his control while running, has finished well some goals, and everybody around here is very angry when Rafa Benitez doesn't line him up.

So far, no patience is required because he has all the support and trust of the fans. In our country you know that changes from the night to the morning and people changes trust for hate rapidly.

But as you know, England is different. :)
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby javi_atletico » Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:23 pm

sabre, I know people get angry with Rafa when Torres isn´t playing, I think he has all the capacities to do it quite well, but Spain and England are completely different, the football, the way of life and people, so I think Rafa wants Torres to aclimate in the best conditions.

If you think this seasson you are going to see the best Torres you´re wrong. Wait to 2008/09, it won´t be words to express what he will be able to do.  :cool:
Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

javi_atletico

Postby ziomeknb » Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:46 pm

New Torres wallpapers!Torres wallpapers
ziomeknb

Postby Smeg » Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:24 am

After some of the glimpses I've seen I'm already lost for words at times.

Against reading and the goal against Chelsea, aswell as the performance against Derby were truely the signs of a special player.

Fight, energy, pace, commitment, power, agility, intelligence, technique, control, passing, everything about him has looked excellent. He's been poor once or twice and has been ineffectual in one or two games, but in general he's shown enough to suggest he has all the attributes to be a Liverpool legend. Something which isn't easy.

Against reading I was amazed at what I was seeing and I'd go as far to say as its the second best display I've seen from a Liverpool striker behind Owen's four goals against Forest in 99 and just slightly ahead of his performance against Porto a couple of years later.

The lad just oozes class and quality and I believe once he's settled we'll see a truely special player who is worth every penny we paid for him.
Smeg

Postby The Grudge » Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:04 am

Smeg wrote:After some of the glimpses I've seen I'm already lost for words at times.

Against reading and the goal against Chelsea, aswell as the performance against Derby were truely the signs of a special player.

Fight, energy, pace, commitment, power, agility, intelligence, technique, control, passing, everything about him has looked excellent. He's been poor once or twice and has been ineffectual in one or two games, but in general he's shown enough to suggest he has all the attributes to be a Liverpool legend. Something which isn't easy.

Against reading I was amazed at what I was seeing and I'd go as far to say as its the second best display I've seen from a Liverpool striker behind Owen's four goals against Forest in 99 and just slightly ahead of his performance against Porto a couple of years later.

The lad just oozes class and quality and I believe once he's settled we'll see a truely special player who is worth every penny we paid for him.

Im sure he feels great having complements form an idiot like you!

Yeah once Fernando reads that Stu the Red has says something positive about him he'll come on leaps and bounds and be a better player for it....Great analysis Stu,just about 3 months too late..or maybe a season!

Hateful little know it all desperately seeking Susan gimp!
Can you do me a favour and tell me when your gonna post again so i can set my printer to extra thin(LOO Roll) :D
The Grudge

Postby Smeg » Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:45 am

Go on, say something else again Barry...

Keep calling calling me lad, I'm not arsed. Lets face it lad, the only reason you attempt to put me down after ever post is because you don't have the same level of football knowledge and it really grates your nerves...

:D
Smeg

Postby Sabre » Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:46 pm

Fight, energy, pace, commitment, power, agility, intelligence, technique, control, passing, everything about him has looked excellent.

Decissions? looking what's surrounding him?

I just wonder how being provided service from Joaquin, Vicente, Luis Garcia, Alonso, Xavi or Fabregas we're not current world cup winners in Spain.

He's a great player, but chill down FFS  :D

P.S. Now Torres, do a hat trick so that my forum mates take the píss on me, and we're all happy with the win.
Last edited by Sabre on Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stoney » Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:53 pm

If Smeg is stu, then where is RAFABENITEZ? :D
stoney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion