Smicer - Dejavu anyone

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Jul 28, 2004 6:10 pm

Liverpoolfc.tv can reveal that Vladimir Smicer will play no further part in Liverpool's North American tour after the attacking midfielder picked up an injury to his right knee. 
Smicer was assessed by the club's medical after the game against Celtic and they feel he has sustained damage to his cartilage.

He will be seeing a surgeon on Thursday, with a view to undergoing keyhole surgery and will definitely not play be playing again on this tour.

A naturally disappointed Vladi, told Liverpoolfc.tv: "I had a problem at the end of last season with my right knee but because we had the European Championships I was able to play in Euro 2004 and it was okay but I came back for pre-season and knew it would be hard work. The knee is still sore and it was getting worse and worse.

"I had a scan and it showed that maybe I need an operation. If I need an operation then I will get that done on Friday.

"It is bad timing with the new manager just arrived. I didn't want to have an operation before the start of the season but if I'm not going to be fit for the start then there's not much I can do about it. If it's necessary to have it done now I'll have to have it done.

"If it's only a minor operation then I will be out for six to eight weeks but if it's the cartilage it will be longer."

This latest injury setback could not have come at a worse time but the injury plagued Czech star remains upbeat that he can still play an important role in Anfield?s new Rafa revolution.

He adds: "It's only one week since I have been working with him but he is okay and has got good ideas. The atmosphere in the team is fine. He is very good and everything is going right for us.

"We know what he achieved with Valencia and we believe he can make us a better team. I want to be a part of the future with Liverpool but first of all I have to be fit and playing well. I think he can make us better." 

courtesy of Liverpoolfc.tv
Last edited by RED BEERGOGGLES on Wed Jul 28, 2004 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Jul 28, 2004 6:35 pm

Opinions people on the feebleness of our Czech playmaker ,this isn't the first season he's broke down pre-season .
Vladi is a talented player but the amount of time he has out of the side due to injuries makes him a liability .
In the past I have often championed his cause but it seems his bones have  all the strength of balsa wood.

Conclusion dead wood get rid .       

??? :( ???
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bruno Zidane! » Wed Jul 28, 2004 6:35 pm

Did this injury manage to surprise any LFC fan in the whole fu**ing world..... Doubt it, time to go Vlad, youve had 5 years mate, thanks for the memorys....sorry memory a last minute goal against chelsea a couple of years ago, it was beatiful!!!!!!
Chopper:Look, you're not still angry at me about the leg, are you?
Neville Bartos : Nah, forget about it.
Chopper : Because I don't know if you remember, Neville, but I had that bloody shotgun pointed at your head. I reconsidered and dropped it down to your kneecap. Remember?
Bruno Zidane!
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Jul 28, 2004 6:39 pm

Never doubted his talent just his heart ! ???
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bruno Zidane! » Wed Jul 28, 2004 6:50 pm

Theres nothin quite like another 8 weeks on the sick, signed off by the doctor and gettin £30,000 a week is there!!!!!

Poor Vlad!!!
Chopper : Because I don't know if you remember, Neville, but I had that bloody shotgun pointed at your head. I reconsidered and dropped it down to your kneecap. Remember?
Bruno Zidane!
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby akumaface » Wed Jul 28, 2004 6:51 pm

He has the talent but never the kind of people to count on upon deciding moment. When the team is going good, he just went with the flow but did not stand out. But when the team needed a kick, he usually deserved to be kicked as well. As Bruno had pointed out, my last good memory was also the same goal against Chelsea. I think he simply is a floater...
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby Bruno Zidane! » Wed Jul 28, 2004 6:58 pm

And time he floated to another team i think, Smicer wouldnt last 5 minutes in the Liverpool Business Houses league!!!
Bruno Zidane!
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Jul 28, 2004 8:09 pm

Bruno Zidane! wrote:Theres nothin quite like another 8 weeks on the sick, signed off by the doctor and gettin £30,000 a week is there!!!!!

Poor Vlad!!!

Nice work if you can get it !  ???
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Thu Jul 29, 2004 1:15 am

Smicer's has more weeks off sick than a council dustbin man ???

How does he manage to first kid Houllier and now evidentally Benitez and the whole medical staff at LFC..........

Even if was fully fit he is simply is NOT good enough !!!!!!

Why is it that managers fail to spot what we have all noticed for years ...namely that Smicer is too lightweight for the prem, is injured far too often as a result and has limited ability  :(
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby thecatsmeow » Thu Jul 29, 2004 1:32 am

if he was a horse he would have been shot 2 yrs ago
thecatsmeow

Postby begintoend » Thu Jul 29, 2004 7:16 am

Vladi was one of the more skillful player in the squad. Age is catching up and his body is not holding well together.

All I can say is that when he returns from injury, we probably wouldn't need him. The 2nd transfer would be a good option for him.
begintoend
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Thu Jul 29, 2004 11:54 am

Yeah time for him to go (maybe should have been last season), would be nice to see Rosicky come into the club though :)
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Jul 29, 2004 1:21 pm

thecatsmeow wrote:if he was a horse he would have been shot 2 yrs ago

:D  :D  :D

he reminds me more of a cat because he's had nine lives. he's always begging for "another chance". what's the point though when he's clearly joined the "chris kirkland school of fitness?"

:(
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Jul 29, 2004 1:52 pm

stmichael wrote:when he's clearly joined the "chris kirkland school of fitness?"

:(

:D  :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion