Sex pistols to reform - 30th ann

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Roger Red Hat » Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:22 pm

so they want to reform for a 30th anni of the release of never mind the blx.

read this...

BBC story

Reckon the charts were tamped with to prevent the song 'god save the queen' going to number 1.

Beats me why they just dont ask the Queen if she'd be offended by it. If she says 'yes I fking would you poncy punk bstds' then fair enough but she might just say 'no, i would be 'onoured' in which case they could just say 'fk the lot of ya, we've got the backing of HRH so there'
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby scouser 'til I die » Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:24 pm

They will never be the same. they were just mad kids living a mad life. now theyre old and half bald they wont have that "sting" that they used to. but they are still :censored: no matter what period of their band you recall :laugh:

You'll Never Walk Alone
scouser 'til I die

Postby PhiLFC » Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:28 pm

Was listening to the Bollox recently... its still great... would love to see the Pistols.
PhiLFC

Postby The Ace1983 » Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:19 am

I've always wanted to hear Vacant live... in 1977. Now, it's just a bunch of old blokes jumping around, completely out of touch and looking foolish. The Pistols and the rest of Punk occupied a very important time both in musical and socio-political terms, when everything around them was stale and tired. It's one of those things that should have been left in it's time. They could have had a real legacy shrouded in legend, but they've just become sell outs and c-listers. It's just really sad.

Wasn't God Save The Queen the chart entry that led to there being nothing at No.1? Or was that Bollox in the album chart? Either way, it's not really a claim when they've outsold everyone, there's no sign of them in the charts and No.1 has ceased to exist. It's a fact isn't it?
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:01 pm

Its a swindle!

Great memories - best left as that imo.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Igor Zidane » Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:39 pm

Not a patch on the clash imo , but definatley amongst the bands that changed the music scene in the 70's. Like most have said though , best left in the past with me sh!t stoppers (drainpipe jeans if anyones interested) and me pod. :D
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:27 pm

in the 70's they were new, vibrant and sensational…..now they’re old, in denial and thinking their ‘attitude’ can still shock people…sorry boys, it doesn’t  and  whilst you have great songs, I’d be surprised if you have much to offer in the way of new material.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to General Chat Forum