Nokia n95 - What do you think

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Paul C » Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:17 am

I know a few people have got one, just wondered what the opinion is as I can change my mobile in 2 weeks, the N95 has a great spec but I've heard the battery is sh.ite and the OS is really slow?  ???
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:17 am

I have a N95. The battery life is no worse than similar phones with a lot of features, most phones with good cameras eat the battery life. The OS isn't the quickest but overall the positives far outweigh the negatives. The 5mp camera and built in GPS is better than anything else I've seen on the market. I normally only buy Sony Ericsson because Samsung and Motorola aren't anywhere near as good, sh!te in fact.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:52 am

I usually have Sony Ericsson and I've been unsure about going to a Nokia, I've also heard you have to pay subscription fees to use the Sat Nav ???
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby scouser 'til I die » Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:45 pm

Paul C wrote:I usually have Sony Ericsson and I've been unsure about going to a Nokia, I've also heard you have to pay subscription fees to use the Sat Nav ???

Ye you do, so if you are getting the phone to use a sat nav, just get a bleeding sat nav you cun:D

You'll Never Walk Alone
scouser 'til I die

Postby Paul C » Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:08 am

Wasn't gonna use it in the car but when we go to cities as it's suppose to be good for walking round but no so good in the car.

Just got a message back from my mate who has an N95, he said that sometimes his battery can only last about 12 hours if he uses Wifi or 3G/HSDPA, I suppose thats why they bringin out the updated 8gb version cos the battery is suppose to be a LOT better.

I really like the look of the N95 but a 12-24 hour battery REALLY puts me off :(
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:28 am

The charges are for when you use the sat nav with a route planner. So you can just activate the sat nav to browse where you are or what road your on but if you want it to direct you, you have to subscribe. Although there are plenty of cracked TomTom mobile installations on torrent if you want free satnav on the N95
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:08 pm

How do you find the battery life Shanks? ???
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to General Chat Forum