Press confernece on monday?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RedorDead » Sun Jul 25, 2004 1:48 am

The press conference will be about Josemi...seems he has signed for us in a 4 year deal. Don't know much about him but apparently he is a right back who can play centre back too, maybe Raffa has brought him in to play alongside Hyypia and Finnan will keep his spot, with Riise on the left that might be a decent back four...if this guy is any good.
L - I - V.....E - R - P.......Double O - L....Liverpool F C!!!!!
RedorDead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Sun Jul 25, 2004 2:26 am

think it might be an unveiling of Josemi.

full story from soccernet.com.

Liverpool have agreed a deal to bring Malaga defender Josemi to Anfield.

Josemi: Spanish persuasion (NigelFrench/Empics)

The negotiations were concluded late on Friday night and the player will soon be jetting out to the USA to join the Reds on their pre-season tour.

The deal is reportedly worth €4million and the presence of Spanish coach Rafael Benitez at Anfield was central to the deal, according to Josemi.

'Malaga will make some money in what is a great deal, and I go to one of the top clubs in Europe,' Sky Sports report the defender said.

'And above all the trainer is a Spaniard like Benitez, which was partly a reason for me as well.

'I am going to work at a top club. It is what I have always done since I have been a soccer player.'

The 24-year-old, Benitez's first signing for the Merseysiders, is able to play at right-back and in the centre of the defence.

He started his career at home-town club Torremolinos before moving along the coast to Malaga as a teenager.

He has since moved through the ranks at La Rosaleda and is now considered a first-team regular, making 35 league appearances last season.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Sun Jul 25, 2004 2:29 am

maybe Rafa is going to put in him in Centre Half with Hyppia, with Riise,Carra and Finnan fighting out for the wing back places.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Sun Jul 25, 2004 2:34 am

I just read the BBC website and Josemi said that he has agreed on a 4 year deal.

I just hope that he will add to the strength of the squad and not be just another reserve player just like the many Houllier signed but did not play or give much of a chance to become established.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 72-1090627431 » Sun Jul 25, 2004 3:47 am

Not surprising, and not  a world beater, Dont forget Benitex used to be in charge of Tenerife,
72-1090627431

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion