Best person who is a footballer - The other big niall gets my vote

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Big Niall » Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:40 pm

What modern footballer do you admire as a person the most.

I have to go for Big Niall Quinn. Not only did he give all his testimonial money to charity but in his attempt to build up Sunderland he has gone to all the working men clubs to talk to the locals on a personal level. IN an age of corporate fans, he wants to keep the local working class support.

When a plane was delayed he personally paid for taxis for all supporters to get the Sunderland fans home.

On football focus he was pushing for premiership chairmen to give a percentage of their cash to local community causes.

I think that he is a class above most modern footballers (as a person - not as a player).

I thought about Geroge Weah but don't know enough about what he has done in Liberia.
Last edited by Big Niall on Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:49 pm

did he also visit the social security offices where most of the fans get their money from

:D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:50 pm

have to agree mate, quinn is a gent, but lots of players are decent, heskey gave money to leicester, i think biscan gave money for an orphanage etc

a story about david james, a mate of my cousins had an accident that left him paralysed, he was in hospital in wirral and david james visited him, the guy was in a private room and was obviously down and bored, no tv etc. anyway james visited from the club, he didnt know the guy, it was a club thing but he took the time and effort to go out and buy a tv and dvd player for this guys room
112-1077774096

Postby 66-1112520797 » Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:55 pm

Paul McGrath, although he was a Manc. To play football half cut and mark a young Alan Shearer out of the game. Is something I really admire about him.
66-1112520797

Postby red37 » Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:32 pm

Carragher.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby burjennio » Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:43 pm

Did you lot know that Didier Drogba singlehandedly ended the war in the Ivory Coast? No? Neither did the ivory Coast!!
burjennio

Postby The Ace1983 » Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:04 pm

Ulisses De La Cruz. He gives most of the money he makes back to his community in Ecuador and is constantly setting up acadamies and improving the lives of people who could never make a fraction of what he earns from footie. Top props to that man.

Carragher as well. I saw that SSN report about his new restaurant and his efforts to get kids eating good grub again. Fair play to him. He could have just built a poncy chi-chi sort of place but instead he opted for a family restaurant. And his character in general of course, as you all know, is impeccable.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:38 pm

I admired george best - good footballer, p!ssed as a rat and sh@gged loads a birds. :D
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:45 pm

The problem here is we don't know about the generosity of footballers who wish to remain anonymous.
Last edited by SouthCoastShankly on Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:46 pm

The Ace1983 wrote:Ulisses De La Cruz. He gives most of the money he makes back to his community in Ecuador and is constantly setting up acadamies and improving the lives of people who could never make a fraction of what he earns from footie. Top props to that man.

Carragher as well. I saw that SSN report about his new restaurant and his efforts to get kids eating good grub again. Fair play to him. He could have just built a poncy chi-chi sort of place but instead he opted for a family restaurant. And his character in general of course, as you all know, is impeccable.

Where about is his restaurant going to be ?

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:36 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:
The Ace1983 wrote:Ulisses De La Cruz. He gives most of the money he makes back to his community in Ecuador and is constantly setting up acadamies and improving the lives of people who could never make a fraction of what he earns from footie. Top props to that man.

don;'t know but it's going to be called " Carra's "

They're going to have a sin bin for kids that play up at the table  :D
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Ace1983 » Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:51 pm

adamnbarrett wrote:
Ace Ventura wrote:

don;'t know but it's going to be called " Carra's "

They're going to have a sin bin for kids that play up at the table  :D

Dunno. Somewhere in Liverpool. Can't do better than that really.

Also, special mention for Gary Mac. Aside from the charity he does, he just seems so genuine, so honest and kind too. Top bloke.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to General Chat Forum