LIVERPOOL VS SHANGHAI SHENHUA - Build up/in game/reaction

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Kukilon » Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:18 am

Palletta needs to be loaned out or sold. I bet he is not enjoying his time at our club.
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby kunilson » Sat Aug 04, 2007 5:14 pm

just saw the match now. they were terrible.....but some of our link-up play was great to watch. looking forward to seeing more of Torres-Benayoun, they seem to play well together.

Benayoun does look like bambi on ice at times but he manages to keep the ball which is good, just needs to work on his shooting....opposite of babbel from what ive seen who looks good in close-quarter dribbling..
would like to see more of Leto, was surprised he was playing but he ain't afraid to take players on or take a shot which would be welcomed in our side....leiva looks like one of those unsung hero type of players, need to see more of him too.
Torres looked sharp, and took his goal really well...he's got a great first touch, and gerrard's goal was excellent.

good performance even though it was against a sh1tty team with a player called w@nker
:laugh:

paletta out.
(on loan at least)
kunilson
LFC Super Member

Postby Dundalk » Sat Aug 04, 2007 6:29 pm

Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Sat Aug 04, 2007 6:39 pm

SouthCoastShankly wrote:Obviously with only a week til the start of the season we need to be fielding first team regulars to guarantee they are sharp for Aston Villa. Rafa has to start Crouch in both games IMO, his lack of action in earlier games is a little concerning but starting the remaining two friendlies will address this.

I also expect to see Mascherano involved as he has had time off and needs to reintegrate into the team. Finally I think we need to see some action from Torres - we're all waiting for that first goal and I think if he can get it either tonight or Sunday it will be a little less pressure prior to the next weekend.

Spot on
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RichardLFC1 » Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:13 pm

Instead of starting a new topic for the Feyenoord game we might aswell give our predictions build up and reactions below this point.

I think Kuyt will definetely start for obvious reasons. I dont think Torres will start along side him which is a bad mistake if he is planning on starting Torres against Villa as if he did play and score i think it will give him more confidence. There must have been a reason why the likes of Carragher, Kuyt, Reina didnt start and i think they all will tommorow probabaly see a similar team to the one that will start against villa with a few exceptions. I think Leto should be given another run out atleast till half time. He was impressive against Shanghai and he could be a good player.

I think the team will be something like:

Reina

Arbeloa
Carragher
Agger
Riise

Pennant
Alonso
Mascherano
Leto

Kuyt
Voronin/Torres

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby scouser 'til I die » Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:20 pm

Dundalk wrote:Torres Interview after the match

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2oqob_torres-on-1st-goal_sport

fuck me can't he speak english by now, he's been a Liverpool player for about a month now  :laugh:  :p

You'll Never Walk Alone
scouser 'til I die

Postby JoeTerp » Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:24 pm

RichardLFC1 wrote:Instead of starting a new topic for the Feyenoord game we might aswell give our predictions build up and reactions below this point.

Maybe the topic title should be changed to Rotterdam Tournament to stop someone from making  a new thread.

I think it would be easier to pick Rafa's side based on the last game because of who didn't play on Friday
                    Reina
Arbeloa     Carra      Agger   Riise
Pennant  Gerrard     Mascherano   Kewell
           Kuyt         Voronin
Subs: Babel, Torres, Crouch, Yossi, Carson

Do the reserves play today or tomorrow? I pretty sure their tourney was 2 games as well

answered my own question:
It was a case of missed chances proving costly as Liverpool Reserves went down 1-0 to Ajax in the final of the Brucon Talents Cup in Amsterdam this evening.
Gary Ablett's side were the better team over the 90 minutes but a succession of missed opportunities proved costly.

Moroccan starlet Nabil El Zhar hit the post while Besian Idrizaj and Jordy Brouwer also wasted clear chances.

Liverpool Reserve team manager Gary Ablett told Liverpoolfc.tv: "It is disappointing to lose the game because I felt we were the better side.

"We felt we should have had a penalty when Bes was fouled but the referee turned it down. The winning goal for Ajax came from a set piece that we defended badly and we will need to work on that in the next training session.

"The lads fitness levels have been good and we have been playing some good attacking football. The only problem has been not taking our chances when we get them, but overall I have been happy with the players in pre-season.

Liverpool team: Martin Hansen, Stephen Darby, Robbie Threlfall, Jack Hobbs, Ronald Huth, Jay Spearing, Nabil El Zhar (Ryan Crowther 75), Ryan Flynn, Craig Lindfield (Ray Putterill 45), Jordy Brouwer (Andras Simon 70), Besian Idrizaj.
JoeTerp

Postby the_red_alonso » Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:37 pm

???
the_red_alonso
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion