Matthew street festival - Cancelled

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Igor Zidane » Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:16 pm

Just to let everyone know if your interested ,that the matthew street festival has been cancelled this year .

Liverpool city council have said that it has cancelled the festival due to health and safety reasons. Theres alot of construction work going on in the city and the festival usually has more than 100,000 visitors to the city centre. Due to the loss of the pierhead site because of roadworks ,an independant health and safety audit has found that it would not be safe to have the festival this year.

Bummer :down: Unless your working on the railway ,so it's happy days :laugh:  :wwww
Last edited by Igor Zidane on Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:34 pm

I used to stay away from this because I like to have a pint in peace and not have to queue more than a couple of minutes (fuck that, about five seconds) at the bar when I get served, but I've found this blinder pub that's dead easy to get served in the last couple of years, still right in the heart of the city centre, but on some dodgy side street.  Meet all the family there and that.*

I'll still go anyway.  It's Bank Holiday still and that means still getting trousered.

* Not Superstar Boudoir or The Lisbon. :p
jonnymac1979

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:39 pm

its the lisbon john, be honest   :D

when i served an apprenticeship we used to go the lisbon on the last day of work before xmas, it was empty and easy to get served   :D
112-1077774096

Postby stmichael » Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:43 pm

They could always move it to Kirkby. :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Ace Ventura » Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:58 pm

Its always my birthday on that weekend so usually would be disappointed about this...but this year planning to go away for a week, cheeky cancellation so wont bother me at all now.

Unless i struggle to get a cheap late holiday like.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby J*o*n*D*o*e » Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:21 pm

nevermind it will be back next year bigger and better with the city looking a lot better for all the work thats going on.
ImageImage
J*o*n*D*o*e

Return to General Chat Forum