Liverpool new stadium to share? - Not on your nelly!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby maximus » Fri Jul 16, 2004 3:02 pm

Rick parry, has come out today and put an end to the stupid rumours about the 'proposed' ground share

Click on link
maximus
LFC Super Member

Postby maximus » Fri Jul 16, 2004 3:07 pm

What is it with Everton these days, they are in complete disarray as a football club.

-They are bordering on relegation
-They are struggling to hold on to their best players - Rooney, radzinski (if he comes under that category)
-they are making derisory offers for other players, namely Robbie Savage 2.75 million paid over the next zillion years if they are still a EPL club, if not then it is 2 zillion years!!!!
-David Moyes stating that they are on of the four biggest clubs in England!!!
-Stating they are nearing agreement on a 'proposed' ground share with Liverpool FC (Dont think so!!)

Everton, you are becoming an embarassment to Merseyside, curb it.......................please!!!!!
maximus
LFC Super Member

Postby azriahmad » Fri Jul 16, 2004 3:21 pm

Ground sharing has its benefits but right now Everton needs us more then we need them. I suppose that would sum up why they are the ones harping on this issue.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Fri Jul 16, 2004 3:28 pm

why dont we just hurry up and build the damn thing! ive read it will only cost between £60-70 million, which is relatively cheap considering arsenal are paying £400 million for theirs
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maximus » Fri Jul 16, 2004 3:33 pm

Fowler,

The planning and conultancy involved in a project of this nature is absolutely mind blowing. The reason arsenals stadium is osting 400 million is the same reason that Wembley is costing 700 million +, it is because the infrastructure around the stadium, ie. transport, road links, rail links, local residents, commercial businesses is a minefield, and costs a bloody fortune!!!!

Believe me these things do not happen overnight, all you need is a small handful of people to protest, and it will throw a spanner in the works.
maximus
LFC Super Member

Postby azriahmad » Fri Jul 16, 2004 3:38 pm

Arsenal's stadium is more costly probably because it includes its location - in London where property prices are the highest in the country.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Fri Jul 16, 2004 4:37 pm

maximus wrote:What is it with Everton these days, they are in complete disarray as a football club.

-They are bordering on relegation
-They are struggling to hold on to their best players - Rooney, radzinski (if he comes under that category)
-they are making derisory offers for other players, namely Robbie Savage 2.75 million paid over the next zillion years if they are still a EPL club, if not then it is 2 zillion years!!!!
-David Moyes stating that they are on of the four biggest clubs in England!!!
-Stating they are nearing agreement on a 'proposed' ground share with Liverpool FC (Dont think so!!)

Everton, you are becoming an embarassment to Merseyside, curb it.......................please!!!!!

Like the saying goes, there is only 2 teams in Merseyside...... Liverpool & Liverpool Reserves..... :D
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bruno Zidane! » Fri Jul 16, 2004 5:12 pm

Theres only one team who will benefit from this and that is everton cos they are on the road to the championship (the new div 1 ????) Imagine if it was the other way round and we were a sh*te club fallin apart at the seems hangin on to premiership life by a thread, would they help us out....not a fuc*in chance, the bigger the part we play in the downfall of the bitter bas*ards, the better i say.....WELL DONE RICK, KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!!!
Chopper:Look, you're not still angry at me about the leg, are you?
Neville Bartos : Nah, forget about it.
Chopper : Because I don't know if you remember, Neville, but I had that bloody shotgun pointed at your head. I reconsidered and dropped it down to your kneecap. Remember?
Bruno Zidane!
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby madred » Fri Jul 16, 2004 5:21 pm

I hope this now puts the final nail in this unthinkable plan put forward by the bitters!
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kenco » Sun Jul 18, 2004 9:40 pm

I said on another thread a few days ago, ground share was a no starter. And it will never will be.Why did'nt you out of towners, who know very little of the history of the two clubs,  stop calling for it to happen ?.  ???
"This club exists to win trophies"...rafa benitez.
kenco
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion