Milan baros...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 115-1073096938 » Wed Jul 14, 2004 12:21 am

Is that a wind up?

Ability is far more important than form.

As i've said before, ability is something which takes years to develope, form can change at the click of a finger.

I remember when Kevin Campbell first signed for Everton, he scored 9 goals from 8 games and only failed to score once. Did that make him world class? Look at him ever since... done absloutely nothing. Ability is far more important, always has been and always will be.
115-1073096938

Postby zarababe » Wed Jul 14, 2004 12:30 am

Can ability be eroded by consistently being poor??? ???

Owen is a class player.. but may be fatherhood has had an impact on him...sleepless nights etc,. I remember twhen Steven Hendry (snooker) and steve Davis got married had  kids , they never recovered. I'm not saying that Owen won't recover but.. there have been a lot of changes in his life.. and may be that's had an impact  ???
Last edited by zarababe on Wed Jul 14, 2004 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eazy-E » Wed Jul 14, 2004 12:38 am

Young people don't have fear...Mike Owen ain't young anymore.
''I kick :censored: and i take names. You're in my pocket. Shut your mouth. Rest your gums. I own you bitch.''
Eazy-E

Postby cheesecrackernuts » Wed Jul 14, 2004 4:19 am

Eazy-E wrote:Young people don't have fear...Mike Owen ain't young anymore.

For christs sake are you stupid?

Its down to form...FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM,

NOT YOUNG.... NOT YOUNG....NOT YOUNG....NOT YOUNG....NOT YOUNG....NOT YOUNG....NOT YOUNG....NOT YOUNG....NOT YOUNG....NOT YOUNG....NOT YOUNG....NOT YOUNG....NOT YOUNG....NOT YOUNG....NOT YOUNG....NOT YOUNG....NOT YOUNG....NOT YOUNG.... NOT YOUNG....NOT YOUNG....NOT YOUNG....NOT YOUNG....NOT YOUNG....NOT YOUNG....NOT YOUNG....NOT YOUNG....NOT YOUNG....NOT YOUNG....NOT YOUNG....NOT YOUNG....NOT YOUNG....NOT YOUNG....NOT YOUNG....NOT YOUNG....u get that?
cheesecrackernuts

Postby begintoend » Wed Jul 14, 2004 5:10 am

supersub wrote:
stu_the_red wrote:
Owen is the sort of striker that needs to use his pace. He is not as intelligent as other strikers now. Now that he has lost his speed, his strength totally negligible, his 1st touch horrible. He has not regain his formal touches and lethal predator instinct in front of goal. He needs to regain that and it should be his priority now.

For christs sake are you stupid?

Its down to form...FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM,

NOT ABILITY.... NOT ABILITY....NOT ABILITY....NOT ABILITY....NOT ABILITY....NOT ABILITY....NOT ABILITY....NOT ABILITY....NOT ABILITY....NOT ABILITY....NOT ABILITY....NOT ABILITY....NOT ABILITY....NOT ABILITY....NOT ABILITY....NOT ABILITY....NOT ABILITY....NOT ABILITY....NOT ABILITY....NOT ABILITY....NOT ABILITY....NOT ABILITY....NOT ABILITY....NOT ABILITY....NOT ABILITY....NOT ABILITY....NOT ABILITY....NOT ABILITY....NOT ABILITY....NOT ABILITY....NOT ABILITY....NOT ABILITY....NOT ABILITY....NOT ABILITY....NOT ABILITY....NOT ABILITY.... u get that?

I agree with stu,it's form that counts and Owen's form over the last 2 seasons has been cr*p.

I generally see football different from you STU. I am not stupid. You are just an Owen fan.  :p I disagree with you only on certain points. And I dun slag MO. I just think he is not giving his best. (Just dun tell me abt the stats again) :;):

I agree Owen has lousy form. He has his own abilities that shines when he is on-form. When he gets his form back, he can be deadly. So how do you think he gets it back? More games?

My point is that he is not developing into the modern striker needed in this ever changing game. Why is it changing? Different tactics have been employed to play since the influx of different players with different abilities. New strikers have evolve a new approach to get goals. MO has not!

Thats apart from getting his form back. MO needs to integrate his current ability with new techniques and approach. Learning something new may develope him and regain his form.
begintoend
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby cheesecrackernuts » Wed Jul 14, 2004 6:02 am

how old are you? :p :D
cheesecrackernuts

Postby begintoend » Wed Jul 14, 2004 6:26 am

That will be [(2+8 )+(16/(3+1))] + [(84/12) + (3+(72/24))]

Whats wrong with that cheese, cracker or nuts? A rodent near ya?
:D :D
begintoend
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby cheesecrackernuts » Wed Jul 14, 2004 7:02 am

nothing, just getting used with what Leon used to ask :D
cheesecrackernuts

Postby supersub » Wed Jul 14, 2004 11:53 pm

stu_the_red wrote:Is that a wind up?

Ability is far more important than form.

As i've said before, ability is something which takes years to develope, form can change at the click of a finger.

and Owen had ability in abundance but his form has dropped in the last 2 seasons and we give 2 more to get it back or do we play the best players up front who are on form.I say we play the best 2 whoever they are and replace one or the other if they have a dip in form.
     Stu you must watch Liverpool with total block glasses thusenabling you to create your own version of the match in your imagination.It enables you to claim that Houllier was the son of Shankly,Owen is the white Pele and Danny Murphy is better than Hustler(heehee).Take your red specs off and watch the players,the game... look,listen and learn...you a coach..only in your imagination because you can't see!
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby supersub » Wed Jul 14, 2004 11:55 pm

that is a ...I'm getting tired ramble..blah???
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby charwell » Thu Jul 15, 2004 12:35 am

Quite frankly Michael Owen has turned into a Prima Donna and we have seen the best of him. Whilst he is still a class act he has lost that drive and half a yard of pace which he will never get back. His stalling over a new contract playing the big time charlie whilst he has performed badly for the last two seasons says to me we would not miss him as much as he likes to think. I agree he hasn't had the best of service but his finishing and his attitude have been poor. A few seasons ago he was one of the finest strikers in the world. Now he is merely a very good striker and thats a massive difference.
charwell

Postby Santa » Thu Jul 15, 2004 4:26 am

Stu you must watch Liverpool with total block glasses thusenabling you to create your own version of the match in your imagination.It enables you to claim that Houllier was the son of Shankly,Owen is the white Pele and Danny Murphy is better than Hustler(heehee).Take your red specs off and watch the players,the game... look,listen and learn...you a coach..only in your imagination because you can't see!

...but he is at the match so he 'suppose' to know better than other 'racist', 'out-of-towner', 'idiots' etc etc in analysing the game. ???
Why the f**k is Owen still not putting pen on paper? Is the club suppose to give him assurance of starting in the first XI? Are we suppose to tolerate him until he gets his form back and hold the club for more ransom? Whatever it is, I know Owen has got undisputed class, just that his mind is elsewhere in the past 2 seasons. Wake up, no one is indispensable...
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby begintoend » Thu Jul 15, 2004 5:14 am

He is an Owen fan....

He is the only fan that watches Owen plays live and assumes everything he does is great and class!

:p :p
begintoend
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Thu Jul 15, 2004 9:53 pm

when did i ever in my life say Murphy was better than thehustler...

Ok point taken. :)

Supersub..... what i was saying is you start wth your best 11. Owen is part of that best 11. If into the season the form he's showing isn't good enough then of course bring in Baros. But the point is you always start with players that have the class in the first place. I don't think Owen should play every game, there where times last season i would have dropped him, however he should and will start the majority.

Benitez will get it right anyways and i bet Owen starts more than Baros. :)
115-1073096938

Postby supersub » Thu Jul 15, 2004 11:12 pm

I hope Benitez uses the friendlies to assess who is the best starting 11 for the opening game,irrespective of past reputations, media hype and any other irrelevant influences.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion