Attention wrestling fans - Chris benoit dead

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby DrTNT » Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:47 pm

R.I.P Chris Benoit

He was an excellent wrestler and I am sure many wrestling fans will miss him from all around the world.
REST IN PEACE PHIL!
DrTNT

Postby J*o*n*D*o*e » Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:44 pm

R.i.p my :censored:, if the stories are true then the guy just killed his wife and kid

rot in hell you fooken steroid junkie.
ImageImage
J*o*n*D*o*e

Postby mramo » Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:53 pm

This is absolute sad news. I do not condone the use of Steroids. Blame Vince McMahon for introducing them to WWF back in the 80's & 90's. What monster would kill their family like that a month after his 40th birthday?! As a pro wrestler - I still hold high respects for him. As a human being (After hearing stories about Benoit killing his son & wife) he is a coward! Benoit will sure now join his pals high in the sky (i.e. Brian Pillman, Eddie Guerrero, Mr Perfect, British Bulldog & Owen Hart)
mramo

Postby The Manhattan Project » Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:07 pm

Well it appears that Chris Benoit killed his wife and son, then killed himself.

It is reported that steroids were found in the house. If indeed he killled his family and himself in some kind of "roid rage" then it raises very serious questions for WWE and the wrestling industry in general.

In the long term, I think a major investigation if needed into the wrestling business. The U.S. Congress are investigating the NFL due to the shocking amount of deaths of athletes in that sport. Wrestling I think should be next for the good of the business and the safety of the performers. Wrestling has had many deaths of performers under the age of 40 over the last ten years and wrestling is entirely non-unionised so the wrestlers have no one to turn to in order to protect them.

If Vince wants the company to survive, then he has to change direction and switch gears. The emphasis on large musclemen has to end right now and move towards smaller wrestlers who Vince traditionally doesn't like because he doesn't believe they draw the crowds (although I suspect poor writing and storylines are a bigger cause of declines in the business).

If this death is another steroid-related tragedy, then Vince has major issues he needs to address.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT » Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:45 pm

"On June 25, 2007, Benoit, his wife Nancy Daus, and their son Daniel were found dead in their Fayetteville, Georgia, home at around 2:30 PM EDT.[83] It was first reported to fans of WWE on their WWE Mobile Alerts Service and posted to their official website soon after. Exact details are not yet known, and an investigation is ongoing.[2] On their website, World Wrestling Entertainment released the following statement[84]:

“ World Wrestling Entertainment is deeply saddened to report that today Chris Benoit and his family were found dead in their home. There are no further details at this time, other than the Benoit family residence is currently being investigated by local authorities.

Tonight’s Raw on USA Network will serve as a tribute to Chris Benoit and his family. WWE extends its sincerest thoughts and prayers to the Benoit family’s relatives and loved ones in this time of tragedy.

WWE canceled the scheduled three hour long live RAW show on June 25, and replaced the broadcast version with a tribute to his life and career, featuring his past matches, segments from the Hard Knocks DVD and comments from wrestlers and announcers.[7]

Fayette County, Georgia police are investigating Benoit's house following the discovery of the bodies. Lieutenant Tommy Pope of the Fayette County Sheriff's Department reported to ABC News that sheriffs entered his home on a "welfare check" after missing several appointments, leading to concerns.[85] Pope also stated the police are not searching for any suspects outside of the house, as the instruments of death were located at scene of the crime.[86]

Detective Bo Turner of the Fayette County Sheriff's Department told television station WAGA-TV that the case was being treated as a murder-suicide. The station reported that investigators believe that Benoit murdered his wife and son over the weekend and committed suicide sometime on Monday. [87]

During a press conference Tuesday, June 26, Fayette County District Attorney Scott Ballard confirmed that Chris Benoit had killed his wife and son. His wife was bound at the wrists and feet, while there were no signs of restraint on his son, both died of asphyxiation. It is reported that his wife died on Friday, his son died on Saturday, and Benoit killed himself later Saturday evening or early Sunday morning. Benoit's body was found dead of asphyxiation hanging by the cord of a weight machine in his basement. It was also reported that there was a Bible by both Nancy and Daniel's bodies."

____

wow, what a kn0b
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby GOAT » Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:46 pm

Pulled out of WWE Venegance on 24th june for "personal reason"

yeah, he was dead
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Previous