Wud we sell sissoko.....hell no!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby maguskwt » Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:16 am

LFC2007 wrote:In the CL we had no option but to play Traore, our injury situation was dire, we didn't have the entire plethora of defenders from France to pick from.

That is the difference why Traore was able to be part of the CL winning side, that and a bloody good manager.

hey... I think Traore played pretty well in the CL that season... don't be too harsh on the fella... he was probably one of the worse liverpool players on the field most of the time but in the CL he did his job... you can constantly see him marking and dispossessing the opponnents and then dishing out some useful passes... he wasn't too bad in the run up to our CL success IMO...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:19 am

I never said he played poor in the UCL that season, in fact, my point was exactly the opposite. Given his talent, he performed miracles in some of his performances - partly down to good management from Rafa.
LFC2007

Postby DonnieDarko » Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:31 am

this argument is a bit absurd.

consensus: Sissoko- good vs. good teams; bad vs. bad teams.

I personally would ship him out for any amount approaching or greater than 10 m pounds. I think Mascherano can perform virtually the same task although in a much more controlled manner while also possessing talents that a central midfielder to me just has to have (touch, poise, positional sense).
DonnieDarko

Postby Stu.Murph » Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:26 am

Sissoko's potentially better than Vieira don't you know?

He's got "world class" potential...

When he "learns to pass" he'll be world class...

He's a "great player"...

Yet another example of people talking rubbish about things they know :censored: all about. Decent player, no more. Probably not in the top 20 central midfielders in the country...

Good enough for Liverpool FC though?

In some peoples eyes... yes...
Stu.Murph
LFC Super Member

Postby lio » Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:39 am

Sabre wrote:I have read in the Spanish rag AS, that Sissoko is about to sign a 4 year deal extended contract with Liverpool, but I can't read any of this in the forum. DO you know anything?

Sab, there were a few mirrored sites (eg tribal) that did quoted the Times who mentioned it very briefly yesterday:
‘Mohamed Sissoko, the Mali midfield player, is expected to sign a new four-year contract with Liverpool.‘

I’m staying close here looking forward that momo confirms it, as somehow I just got a feel that this man will explode like a firework in the coming season and make his critics to eat their words.  :D
lio

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion