The punters view - On whos going where

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby dawson99 » Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:32 am

ok, so all rumours, but how are the bookies looking at the transfers?

Below is a small section of how different bookies are betting on certain players for you:

CORAL: Henry next season: Evens Arsenal, 9/4 Liverpool, 5/2 barcalona, 8/1 Milan

Paddy Power Henry next season: 11/10 Arsenal, 13/8 Barca, 3/1 Liverpool, 12/1 Milan

CORAL Torres next season: 10/3 Manure, 9/2 Liverpool, 5/1 Arsenal and Barca

Ladbrokes Bent next season: 1/4 Spurs, 5/1 West Ham, 8/1 Charlton, 16/1 Liverpool

Dunno if this means anything. Me and my mates back peru to win miss world a few years back and brought the price in from 100/1 into 12/1 with our betting, and weve started a few rumours before which have turned into real prices through the grapevine. But these things dont normally happen without a bit of heresay, bookies arent stupid and punters dont wanna just throw money away.

The Bent one is slightly reassuring, seems like he wont be coming to us if you loko where the moneys going.

thoughts? anyone c=gonna have a bet on any of those offers?
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:09 am

Henri to stay at arsenal 11/10 with Paddy Power is the one for me Daws'. Judging by those odds, Bent looks nailed on for Spurs which is a touch given how much Charlton want for him.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby johnlennon » Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:14 am

yeah agree mick, bent is bound for spurs and i really think henry will stay with the :censored:...he does it every summer plays the waiting game then gets people to beg him then says ok i will stay! every summer!

i can see us getting torres i really can chelski an the mancs might not even bother due to the price so hopefully he will come to us he had that armband on the other week so i think we could be his club of choice......fingers and toes crossed! :)
when you walk in the storm..............
johnlennon

Postby tubby » Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:33 am

Why where the other 2 threads closed? FFS

Anyway just found this

Reds chief refuses to panic buy 

Benitez has made only three signings so far this summer
Liverpool's co-owner George Gillett insists he will sanction the level of spending that boss Rafa Benitez has demanded - but not for the sake of it.
Reds fans have become frustrated with the club's lack of action in the transfer market so far this summer.

Gillett told The Times: "I sense that kind of pressure building from the media - but we are working on things.

"Rafa has a programme under way and, as that unfolds, that will be the time for us to be judged, not now."

Following Liverpool's defeat by AC Milan in the Champions League on 23 May, Benitez said Liverpool must "spend big and spend now" to close the gap on Manchester United and Chelsea at the top of the Premiership.

What we've said and what Rafa has said was that we had a programme and he would share that with us and that we would support it

George Gillett

He has brought in Andrey Voronin on a free transfer from Bayer Leverkusen and signed Hungarian teenagers Kristian Nemeth and Andras Simon.

The Reds are also close to wrapping up a £6m deal for Brazilian midfielder Lucas Leiva.

But the established world-class signings expected by supporters after the arrival of Gillett and co-owner Tom Hicks have not yet materialised.

"We're not going to do something just to try to prove something," Gillett explained.

"What we've said and what Rafa has said was that we had a programme and he would share that with us and that we would support it.

"The first part was that we identified a number of our existing star players (Jose Reina, Jamie Carragher, Steven Gerrard and Xabi Alonso) whom Rafa wanted to sign on long-term contracts.

"That was the first step and it has been done. Now we're moving on to phase two, which is bringing players in
--------------------------------------------------------

He just said the other week that they will say something next week and that was last week.

I reckon they have fuc.ked up a transfer already.
Last edited by tubby on Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:03 pm

Id take the even money for Henry staying at Arsenal
Im just casting my mind  to a while back when after Toure and Henry were racialy abused in Spain Henrys comments were he would never even think about playing in Spain. I know you should say never but i think Henry will stand by his principals on this one.

Bent for spurs my lad is a coach at Charlton and   around the training ground even beforre the season had finished he was making it known he wanted to play for spurs to anyone who was listening. Weve won a lot of money with inside info from there in the past few years.

I also think we will get Torres and it could be worth a few bob at that price
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion