Is sponsorship the new way to support clubs?

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Kharhaz » Wed May 23, 2007 12:07 am

Looking at the FA cup final between Chelsea v Man Utd and the way tickets are allocated more so with the AC Milan V Liverpool final and how they are allocated it would appear that, although weve known about it for years, money is really starting to talk, and its hitting the supporters more than anyone could realise. It appears to me that slowly but surely the supporters will be driven out then the whole stadium will be filled with a large percentage of corporate industries who have invested in these clubs getting the all clear to buy tickets first before anyone else. The two major events of this year have shown that supporters will be robbed while the investors get first call on everything associated with what the club achieves. I for one really do hope this isnt the way things will be for the future and just hope these are one off instances.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Salty Sock » Wed May 23, 2007 8:13 am

We can always give more of our loving support to the boys!
Salty Honors Acceptee List: Graham01, grayghost, dawson99, Bamaga Man, GYBS, LegBarnes, frankp57, Toffeehater, crazyhorse , Number 9, dward, Judge, Sabre :) PM for info!

Salty Sock

Postby tommycockles » Wed May 23, 2007 9:32 am

It does look the case but with our new 70,000+ stadium we'll fit in 20,000 sponsors but with 50,000 real fans which is a hell of a lot more than we currently get in Anfield!!
Roll on the new stadium - as much as i'll hate leaving Anfield it is the only way we'll be sure of getting tickets (at least i hope).
tommycockles
LFC Super Member

Return to General Chat Forum